Beiträge von loki495

Zitat

so, if you increase your PSU up to 5,3 volts output then the total power will increase which makes it possible to draw more (MAX) current on USB ports of the Raspi. Probably your capturing USB device will work then like it should.

I don't want to jinx it, but it seems this was what did it. I just got a 5.25V micro usb power adapter from Amazon a bit ago and now the capture device has been running for close to half an hour with no issues. And at an even better resolution and with less latency!

I also added

Code
    arm_freq=1200
    force_turbo=1

to /boot/config.txt, not sure if that is helping, or some other value would be better.

In any case, "vcgencmd get_throttled" reports no throttling ocurring, and I don't get the undervoltage warning when i vnc into the rpi. According to "vcgencmd measure_temp", it seems stable at around 53.7 C.

Thanks for the help Lightning-guy77!

I already have max_usb_current=1 in /boot/config.txt.

I also have a dedicated power supply that I use to power the WS2812B leds. I tried using it to power the pi in parallel using gpio pin 2 for +5V and pin 6 for GND, and the red light on the pi came on but it didn't boot. I'm not great at electric circuits so maybe I did it wrong, or maybe it just won't work. It's a 5V 10A brick. Could that help, or there's no point in trying?

At this point I'm thinking that maybe just a pi 4 might be needed, but not sure if that will be enough

After some more playing around with it, it looks like it might be a power issue. I hadn't noticed, but when the capture card is plugged into the rpi usb port, the rpi gives me a low voltage warning. Without it plugged in, no warning.

The problem is that the capture box is only powered by the usb connection. On a laptop it seems to work fine. Does any one know a way around this? Or does this mean there's no way to get it working properly with the RPi 3B+? Would a RPi 4 B work?

With some more testing all I could see is that it's when capturing at a lower resolution like 800x600 or 640x480 when the USB signal is recognized for the "longest" times (still a only few seconds). When trying higher resolutions it always stops working before it reaches one or or even half a second. The passthrough does continue working with no issues.

Hi everyone,

I have Hyperion.ng working on a Raspberry PI 3B+. The set up works just fine when I use a cheap HDMI splitter and a cheap USB capture card.

I just got a Mirabox 4K 60Hz since it seems like an upgrade from my current setup (it has a 4K 60Hz passthrough HDMI port, and automatically downscales to 1080p and outputs as usb plug and play for capture). However, I'm on starting the USB capture, it works anywhere from a fraction of a second to a few seconds, (maybe 5-10 max) and then it turns off. I can get it to restart by turning the "USB Capture" from the "Remote Control" page off and back on, but it never stays on for longer than a few seconds.

When connected to my laptop the card seems to work just fine.

Is there a way to get this capture device working? Should I need something like a RPi 4, Arduino or some other device to be able to handle it? I am connecting the RPi 3B+ to an ALITOVE WS2812B LED Strip through breadboard and adding its own 5V supply. The Mirabox card gets its own power from the USB connection to the RPi.

Maybe ignoring some error or forcing reconnect somewhere on the code would help. I'm willing to check and fiddle but not familiar with this project enough, any pointers are welcome.

Below is the log from the Web UI after turning USB Capture off then back on:

V4L info (/dev/video0):

Hi everyone,

I have Hyperion.ng working on a Raspberry PI 3B+. The set up works just fine when I use a cheap HDMI splitter and a cheap USB capture card.

I just got a Mirabox 4K 60Hz since it seems like an upgrade from my current setup (it has a 4K 60Hz passthrough HDMI port, and automatically downscales to 1080p and outputs as usb plug and play for capture). However, I'm on starting the USB capture, it works anywhere from a fraction of a second to a few seconds, (maybe 5-10 max) and then it turns off. I can get it to restart by turning the "USB Capture" from the "Remote Control" page off and back on, but it never stays on for longer than a few seconds.

When connected to my laptop the card seems to work just fine.

Is there a way to get this capture device working? Should I need something like a RPi 4, Arduino or some other device to be able to handle it? I am connecting the RPi 3B+ to an ALITOVE WS2812B LED Strip through breadboard and adding its own 5V supply. The Mirabox card gets its own power from the USB connection to the RPi.

Maybe ignoring some error or forcing reconnect somewhere on the code would help. I'm willing to check and fiddle but not familiar with this project enough, any pointers are welcome.

Below is the log from the Web UI after turning USB Capture off then back on:

V4L info (/dev/video0):