Beiträge von jpdawsome

Ive actually tried GPIO2/GPIO0 and no success. Ive tried flashing the ESP with both binaries for apa202 and the regular ESP32 binary but nothing works. Its odd because it says its receiving data from my Hyperion server on the pi.

Lol Thanks!

Yes, the ESP runs at 3.3V but it’s independently powered by a separate micro-USB cable and power supply. The power for the leds comes from a second 5v power supply and they share a ground with the ESP32.

I can swap out the ESP32 for the raspberry Pi itself and run the setup the same way (separate power supplies) and it runs well with the exception of a slight delay in the signal. That should be able to be fixed later on by tweaking my settings accordingly.

have also tried flashing the ESP32 with both the standard binary and the apa102 binary (sk9822 are similar) but no change.

I’m new to this so I’m only going off what I’ve read so far. Thanks a lot for the info!

Hi Guys!

Im at a total loss at the moment and I need some help. I have a strip of SK9822 Leds (60 leds total) and an ESP32 NodeMCU. I have the ESP32 telling me that its receiving live Hyperion data from the correct IP address but for some reason, my lights will not work. They work 100% when I connect them to the pi 3b+ directly using the corresponding clock/data pins but not with the ESP32. I attached a pic of my setup and I'm hoping someone will see something I am missing.

I have both hyperbian and the esp32 set to 60 leds, BGR, and the capture device is working. I tried both wled and udpraw controller types and nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I’m trying to get a nice fold in the corners of my LED strip to avoid having to use corner connectors or soldering them but I can’t fold it without covering an LED chip. My question is, if I remove the chip in question (say it’s LED#10) would that make the next LED in line #10? Or would the Pi still see it as #11?

also, I’m using SK9822 LEDs, if I remove an LED chip, do I need to to solder the data in/out connections together? Or are they already connected within the strip itself?

Thanks! Can’t a seem to find the info on the internet anywhere yet.

Maybe that’s my problem. I don’t know how to tell how many I have. I think only one but that’s because I only have one video grabber. Can I use the same grabber for both instances for the sk9822 and the hue play bars as well?

Hi all!

I'm a definite noob with Hyperion but I have my SK9822 strip running on the back of my tv but I am trying to use 2 Hue Playbars on a table below the tv and I can't figure out how to get both going at the same time and synced up. I can get either working on their own but I can't seem to do both at the same time.

Any suggestions? Maybe I am overlooking something basic? I've looked around the forums but no answers yet.

Thanks!

I figured that would be most of the problem. I so see that there are 72 lights, however, the config file lists them from 0-71 (with light 0 being the first one). Any idea for how to remedy that? Sorry, kind of a beginner with this kind of stuff.

The other issue I see is that the commands to start/stop go through to the pi just fine but the log says that it failed to start. Is that due to the Hue issue or is that due to something with the pi?

The only other question I have is are the hue strip lights all going to be one color? or are they going to be addressable? I know they are addressable in general but I dont know if hyperion recognizes them as one light or 72 individual lights.

Thanks!

Hi all! All has been going smoothly until I suddenly get errors starting Hyperion on my Pi. Running Hyperion on the Pi controlling philips hue strip that runs off Kodi on android tv. Anyone know why it wont start on raspbian stretch?

Log File...

Config...

Hi Everyone!

Hoping for some advice on an IP issue Im having. I am looking to use a raspberry pi 3B+ to run philips hue light strip off Kodi on my 4K TV. I believe I have the settings correct and I can use the SSH commands in Hypercon but as soon as I try to run a video in kodi, I get an error from kodi saying "unable to connect to hyperion. Wrong host IP". I also get an error in my SSH traffic saying "unable to connect to host" when I try to use the colorpicker.

In my hardware section I currently have the IP for my hue bridge and the long username that I created through the hue instructions. My SSH settings work just fine connected to my Pi. The only other thing I have enabled is the boot effect but that wouldnt affect anything. The Kodi is running on my android tv and the addons Hyperion host ip address is set to my pi as well. Everyhting else seems to match up well.

I also am not using a physical screen grabber. Just using the Kodi application for it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!