Beiträge von scuppasteve

So I have a functioning RPI3 running apa102 LEDs but the video capture is leading to a number of issues so I am trying a better capture device but it only works on RPI4 due to USB3.0. Anyway I got everything installed and imported my settings from the RPI3. The RPI3 controls the LEDs fine, but the RPI4 does nothing. Looking at GPIO they have the same pinouts as far as I can tell. Anything that I am missing between the 3 to 4.

Thanks

I have been running a Hyperion setup for a few years, and i keep trying to iron out the bugs, and i think i am finally at a point i am ready to ask for help. I have the LEDs wired from the GPIO pins for data, and directly from the power supply for power, due to the number of LED's i have power wired to the beginning and end of the LED strips. I have three main issues:

1. I have pretty bad flickering on black or dark areas of the input
    2. I have a number of LED's that seem to have their white part of the LED on full brightness all the time, even when it should be off.
    3. I am about to upgrade to 4k HDR TV and would like to pass content without issue.

At this point besides buying all new LED's i am happy to get what is needed, i just want crisp lighting without any side effects.

Current:

Hardware: RPI3b+

Software: Hyperion.NG

LEDs: APA102 60LED's/m

Power Supply - Meanwell RSP-150-5 power supply - Powering the PI thru USB, LED's and Capture hardware.

Capture Card - to

Future

Capture Card 4k -

Ok, so is there anywhere i could start for troubleshooting purposes, or about level shifting? I just don't want to have to order a part from China and have it take 4 weeks to find out it was an LED connection. is there a more basic way to hook up to the led's to ensure they are working and soldered together correctly.

So i have connected my lights, i am not sure how it is supposed to look, but i know this is incorrect. But, i do not know where to start, and i don't want to un-solder every connection.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I currently have it wired up like this, http://awesomepi.com/wp-conten…erry_pi_howto_connect.png

I am using 60 LED/m APA102 led's so, i have both V+ and Ground tied in at beginning, middle of strips and end.

Thanks