Beiträge von Jonathan Lundström

spi works, hm may the first led is damaged? do you have a arduino or another hardware to test the leds?

What hardware could I use to test it? I'm thinking I could also install boblight do see if that makes any difference. I have the Raspberry Pi 3 and also a Zero.
    Basically, it would be interesting to send the color signals without Hyperion to see if it works.

The LED strip is not new, and has been used for a Boblight + Kodi Amblilight before, but it's been a few months since I last used it. Can't see how it would break :/

on the LEDs
    http://www.doityourselfchristm…s_2012-04-03_08_01_38.jpg
    here can you see it better, that is the ouput side

I connected a jumper between MOSI and MISO and ran the test, got the following result:

When I connect the power to the LED strip while it's connected to the Raspberry all the lights flash simultaneously, and then turn off.
    It's just as if it's connecting to the Raspberry and getting a signal, but any hyperion-remote command seems to be ignored.

If I disconnect ground lights start flashing randomly, same thing with data and clock.

Are there any log files I can check in?

Hey!

I just got my new Raspberry Pi 3 and I'm attempting to convert my previous Kodi (XBMC) + Boblight combination into a better solution with a HDMI splitter, HDMI2AV and capture card. That parts works great so far, but I'm now struggling with getting the the LED strip working as it should.

My PSU is 5V and 5A and has been used with the strip before without problems. When connecting the PSU to the strip the first led turns blue, and changes color when the strip is touched. This is without it being connected to the Raspberry. Once it's connected and I turn the power on, all the LED's flash and then nothing else happens. Hyperion gives no errors, but nothing happens when I try to control the LED or set the colors.

This is the LED strip I've got:

It's got three wires to the input, Blue (GND), Green (DATA) and White (CLOCK):

And they're connected to my Raspberry at pin 9 (Blue), 19 (Green) and 23 (Clock):

I've been at this for hours, but can't get it to work at all. Any ideas at this stage are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!

// Jonathan