Beiträge von dangerousbrian

Thanks Jeroen
    Thats put the cat amongst the pigeons
    Will have to rethink this as I prefer to have the AC cable protected and as a pc psu uses a kettle cable that plugs in sounds a lot safer
    The only problem I have now is choosing the wattage as they only give you the wattage of the 12v rail?

I really appreciate your time on this guys.
    I have a couple of choices I feel as with a pc PSU I would need to bridge the 24 pin connector to get power to the 5v supply
    Not sure if this applies to power supply,s that have an on/off switch
    I found this
    but I am not a great fan of having AC cables not having any form of support ie a clamp holding the cable in place
    The other choice is to buy a couple of items but not sure if this would work

I do not fully understand the wording on the 12v power supply as it says 125w and then says its only 10amp?

Thanks guys
    Why are 5v 20amp power supplies so hard to come by.
    I am thinking of maybe using a computer psu as I believe these have a 5v supply
    I am using SK6812 RGBW for ambi lights and a pi3 I wanted to use the easy premade corners hence a single power supply
    My soldering is something to be desired hence the easy route with the corners
    I have it setup at the moment with only 30 leds per metre WS2812Bs but the white is more blue than white and have read that the SK6812 RGBWs are a better choice needing only the one data wire to the pi
    Thanks again for the advice

I keep getting this error when installing hyperion

sudo dpkg -i Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9-linux-armv71.deb
    (Reading database ... 41711 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9-linux-armv71.deb ...
    ---Hyperion ambient light preinst ---
    unpacking hyperion (2.0.0) over (2.0.0) ...
    dpkg: error processing package hyperion (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    hyperion

Any help would be much appreciated
    I am installing it on pi3 connected via ethernet
    Many Thanks in advance

Hi all

I would like to put ambient lighting on my 51" tv.
    I have purchased some items and would like your opinions on these and if they are compatible.
    1) Grabber:
    1a) Grabber:
    2) Pi3:
    3) Converter:
    4) Splitter:
    5) Switch:
    6) 4M APA102 Strip: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APA…ksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I have a 16G SD card with LibreELEC and Hypercon installed
    Not sure on a power supply yet but have tested the lights with an Arduino Uno and all work.
    I have also tested the converter on a tv and I do get the colored lines when set to PAL

I have 2 Grabbers as this seems to be a grey area and not sure if either of these will work.
    Any help would be much appreciated.