Beiträge von matthew henry

Hello I am wanting a better input image. I am currently using a really bad hdmi to usb adapter and would like to have something better. Honestly its really not that bad but id like something better.

The only Usb 2.0 V4L2 compatible capture device I can find is "AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable 2".
    https://www.avermedia.com/gami…ure/live_gamer_portable_2

I am not sure if it will work with hyperion but it is V4L2 compatible.

My other though was to put hyperion on something other than a RPI that has a USB 3.0 port. There seem to be very many usb 3.0 V4L2 compatible devices out there. I am using an Arduino Uno to control 276 Ws2812b strip.

I would image since this is usb I should be able to use it with any linux device.... Does this sound right.

"

Hey this tutorial really helped me.

Parts I used were

60/m APA102 LEDS 206 all together
    no soldering all clips
    RPI 3
    5v 20 Amp Switching Power Supply Converter

Surprisingly after the configuration the only problem was that one connector wasnt tight enough. I pressed it with my finger and not it is all good to go.

This was one of my first projects where something didnt go really wrong lol.

I did a fast color calibration this morning and it wasnt too difficult.

my only issue has been that im using one of the cheap SUPERNIGHT switching power supplies and when I wire the 5v from the rpi3 and put it with the 5v from the LED I get the rainbow up top and really bad performance. Right now it is being powered by a separate 5v 2.1a usb and I do not want it like that.

After just looking it up I may have it set to 220v mode instead of 120v mode.(wonder how its still working so well though) Ill have to check when I get back. Hopefully this is the problem.

What are your suggestions for other settings such as the linear smoothing setting? Also is there any other types of smoothing?

I was going to create a new post but I guess this is a better place for this question.

I have a 50" tv that will be using APA102 LEDs with. 60 per Meter. I think in the end it will come up to around 170 to 200 LEDs. The powering unit will be a 20 amp 5v

I have already ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 (all my content will go through OSMC or OpenElec) and I know it has the SPI pins so it should be able to run the APA102 LEDs by itself without anything.

My issue is regarding the FPS. I really want these effects to be seamless so I kind of want it as close to realtime as possible (im not using any screen grabber just straight from rpi)
    (examples)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This video shows what I am trying to achieve.

For this type of speed and the amount of LEDs do I need a 74HCT chip level shifter. Im not amazing at the solder gun so im not sure how well that would work.

There is also the arduino route so that the RPI doesnt have to do the work. Is this way faster or slower. If I went with this route with arduino would be best

I could also go the teensy 3.2 with the octows2811 adapter (is this overkill) This wiring seems the easiest

So I guess my real question is to control around 200 APA102 LEDs with relatively seamless operation is the RPI 3 Alone sufficient.
    Do I need to add a 74HCT chip level shifter?
    Do I need to step up to an Arduino?
    Do I need to go the Teensy 3.2 Route?