Beiträge von StimpyMGS

Hi,
    I've been running hyperion.ng alpha 5 for a while on Ubuntu 20.04. Now I want to install version 7. I do that by downloading the latest .deb file and running the following command from the deb file's location:
    [H]sudo apt install ./Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.7-Linux-x86_64.deb[/H]
    All good so far, no errors. Then, when I click on the Hyperion icon on the desktop, Hyperion alpha 5 launches.
    So aperently alpha 5 is still located somewhere on the system. I followed the official guide and ran the uninstall command
    [H]sudo apt remove hyperion \[/H]
    Again, not errors, but even then after reinstalling alpha 7, alpha 5 launches when I click the desktop icon.
    How do I proceed from here?

see my previous reply

Yea that's because analogue grabbers don't support true black. I've moved to a digital grabber for that reason and since then black=black meaning the leds will actually turn off in dark scenes. Don't get the cheap 10 dollar ones from ali, they are really just analogue ones

Yea it doesn't work if you're on android 10. Not sure why but it seems to be a known issue according to the git

This has been asked before for the original Hyperion software but I couldn't find an answer for hyperion.ng so here goes:
    Is it possible to control 2 different LED strips? I know it's possible by running 2 instances but that also uses more resources so I'd rather somehow have a double output.
    My setup: Windows 10 - Hyperion.ng release 6. LED hardware: UDPraw. LED strip is connected to a Wemos D1 mini with WLED.

I did manage to downgrade and found out the following:
    Netflix is not working on android 7
    Netflix is working on latest shield software, but android screen grabber isn't. This is a known issue of this software and there is no known workaround yet.

This app works great on my nVidia Shield TV! I used to have a HDMI grabber, but the app works much simpler and avoids a lot of cable clutter. Avoiding the HDMI grabber's Digital-->Analog-->Digital conversion is also beneficial for noise levels. I've found Plex, Youtube and Spotify to work perfectly with 4K60 content. I only tested HDR in Plex, which works great too.

Netflix (menu and videos) on the Shield does not work, likely due to the DRM/DHCP problems mentioned before. I would like to explore this further, but my knowledge on this is limited. I did get my (rooted) Android phone to work perfectly with the grabber app and Netflix. The Netflix phone app shows it's using Widevine L3 and SD playback resolution.

what steps did you do to get it working with DRM content on your rooted phone? The Shield can also be rooted. Apps can be sideloaded over ADB. I would like to test this because I would love to have less cables and a better picture quality for hyperion without noise/flickering, especially in dark scenes!

Hello,
    I have a SK6812 strip directly connected to a rpi 3b. I only get a single color (white) working on the strip. I have no boot animation and I am not able to change the color using the color picker tool in hypercon.

Setup:
    rpi 3b
    SK6812. For testing purposes I only have 8 leds connected

Wiring:
    DC 5v > strip '5v'
    DC gnd > strip 'gnd'
    rpi gnd (pin #9) > DC gnd
    rpi SPI (pin #19 or #21) > strip 'Do'

hyperion.config.json:

Code
    {
            "name"       : "MyHyperionConfig",
            "type"       : "ws2812spi",
            "colorOrder" : "grb"
        },

I use the 'WS281X-SPI' config type because that seems to be the only config type where the leds fire up. I have tried 'WS281X (RPi1, RPi2, RPi3)' with many different config variables but I never got that working on GPIO18 (pin #12).

So: I only get a static white color. I am not able to change it using the color picker and I don't get a boot animation.
    What can I do from here?