Beiträge von ben3218

Hello,

I have raspberry 3 with ws 2801 led strip. About year ago or so despite of being a total newbie i somehow managed to install hyperion ng with osmc and have it autorun on start. I was pleased that it worked. Recently the disaster struck as it stopped working. I tried following the same steps as before (as shown in this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ) but it wouldn't finish the installation successfully.
    I also attempted with this video (
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ) but instead of installing Rpi Os lite,I went for Libreelec. But even with this approach, after 2-3 lines of code i'd come to a dead end ---> dpkg: not found

Please is there an easy to follow, step by step tutorial for installing hyperion with kodi? I dont use grabber.
    Or does anyone have small iso image of already installed hyperion with osmc which i could download and burn on to sd card?

Osmc has a utility within the kodi interface to edit the "config.txt" file and add the needed line.
    I haven't ran a osmc Rpi in a wile, but if I remember correctly edited by hand it reverts back, need to use the utility.
    the utility was within the "Myosmc" tab, if I remember correctly.

Hope its of help.

It definitely is of help. Thank you very much.
    I did manage to write the code to the config.txt. So the lights are working now! Amazing:omg:! But only after I activate hyperion from my pc. Is there a way to have hyperion start automatically with OSMC?
    I did encounter an issue when playing movies with black bar. The tv would be flickering,switching randomly from raspberry's HDMI to "no signal" screen. Activating or deactivating blackbar detection from hyperion setting changes nothing. Selecting "zoom" as a view mode on kodi kind of fixes the issue,but then again limits to only watching zoomed in movies.

Best regards,

Osmc has a utility within the kodi interface to edit the "config.txt" file and add the needed line.
    I haven't ran a osmc Rpi in a wile, but if I remember correctly edited by hand it reverts back, need to use the utility.
    the utility was within the "Myosmc" tab, if I remember correctly.

Hope its of help.

Wonderful,I have found it! I have enabled SPI support but I get the same error on putty.
    However, there are more options,such as gpio_out_pin (17) and gpio_in_pin (18). My raspberry connects to led strip on pins 19 and 23. Is this something I should alter as well?
    And you were right about config.txt editor. It is there. But what is the needed line? The one that I mentioned in my previous reply?

Do you enabled the SPI Interface with raspi-config?

No but, I have made several attempts.
    I used code:
    sudo raspi-config
    which works on raspbian,hoping it would let me in Raspberry Pi Configuration,but it didnt.
    I then tried with:
    # file in /boot/config.txt, need reboot
    and
    dtparam=spi=on
    which i fount at [MEDIA=gist]moux2003/10bba6c8ccd908e35182[/MEDIA] , those 2 lines went pretty much ignored.
    At last I turned on the tv and looked through OSMC setting but havent found anything related to SPI.
    That's when I ran out of ideas.

yes on osmc

but as always: .ng is not final, so you have to do it on your own, if you know how to do it...

I have OSMC kodi 17.6 up and running.
    Then I used your Hyperion.NG kompilieren und installieren auf einem Raspberry Pi youtube tutorial (I skipped raspbian part).
    I did include
    sudo apt-get install rbp-userland-dev-osmc ( it seemed important since it mentioned OSMC)

From the looks of it,hyperion ng got installed. I can access configuration menu of hyperion,select controller type etc. But the lights are not responding.
    When I putty hyperiond it says :
    [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] <ERROR> Failed to open device (/dev/spidev0.0). Error message: No such file or directory
    and it keeps repeating :
    "No carrier"
    "No carrier"
    "No carrier"

Could it be I was on the right track? What else do I need to do?

and which one do you use?

None? I only have raspberry 3 and the led lights,and the power supply ofc. I only need it to work with Kodi,nothing else. Like it used to worked with the original hyperion (which I was not able to revive after Rpi 3 refused to boot)
    I was under the impression that hyperion Ng could at least perform the same.

Hello,
    A while ago my media center on raspb 3 (osmc+hyperion) stoped working.
    Now, following the noob guide at

i managed to install hyperion ng.
    I saved the configuration ,reset everything and tried activating different light effects, but the led strip would not react in any way.
    As if that issue alone wasn't enough, i selected lightpack from LED hardware at the settings menu of Hyperion NG. Needless to say it didn't help, as i dont use any grabber hardware. Instead it prevents me from accessing the settings menu with the message "No lightpack device has been found Segmentation fault".

Does anyone know how I should go about fixing these issues? Fixing the segmentation fault, and troubleshooting the nonreactive leds? Please keep in mind that I have hardly any knowledge on working with Linux systems.

Your tutorial is very clear and easy to follow. Well done! :thumbup:Im so glad to try it out and managed to complete it with flying colours!
    However i think i might have 2 issues.
    1)Even after saving the configuration,resetting everything,the leds would not show any reaction. They remained turned off. Could it be because I need to first install Kodi for it to work? I tried activating one of those light effects but there was nothing. It has worked for years with original hyperion though.
    2)Then I got an idea. At the end of the tutorial you kind of hovered over lightpack at LED hardware. So i thought maybe i need to select it. And so I did...So now when i putty hyperiond it tells me "No lightpack device has been found Segmentation fault" . And it wont let me navigate to settings menu through ip adress...

Any words of wisdom as to why the lights remained silent? Any help will be much appreciated.

I wasnt using any kind of grabber,just rasp3 with osmc+light. Easy, right? :)
    Thanks for your input but unfortunately I feel like there is no other way but to give up on this project. After having spend dozens of hours reading any relevant post i could find on internet, installing hyperion through both hypercon and lines of code,on multiple operating systems,all without success, I realize that this is way over my head and i can not troubleshoot it on my own.

Thanks for taking your time and writing this tutorial in an attempt to help those who are struggling.
    Since I cant seem to figure out why the original hyperion wont properly install or work on my raspb3 I decided to try your way and the NG. I had some trouble installing Docker but have nevertheless manage to find a way and install it.I did step 5,successfully it seems. But when i go to home/pi/deploy i do not find there the hyperion file that you mentioned. However,there is a folder /home/pi/hyperion.ng with lots of sub-folders. Its size is 29.1 MiB. Could it be it already installed somehow? Does this ring any bells to you?

Please leave all thoughts/problems/suggestions here.

Greetings,

Few years ago I made this media-center+ambilight using tutorial from https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/ . Everything was working like a charm ever since,until few weeks back raspberry had an update after which it was unable to boot. Long story short, I formatted the SD, and again with the help of the aforementioned tutorial installed osmc, installed hyperion (i think) but the ambilight doesn't work at all.

Below is the script from SSH traffic, I read some errors, but wouldn't know what they mean if my life depended on it. Also as osmc boots,there is a short notice which reads :
    "Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service. See 'systemctl status hyperion.service' for details. "

PLEASE,if anyone can help me sort this out.
    I've been banging my head searching the internet and reading (to me) ungraspable forums on this failure to start hyperion. I have absolutely no knowledge of programming or Linux or whatever this is. Could somebody please tell me what the problem here is and is there a simple way to fix it?