Beiträge von Lord-Grey

steveniclas Couple of questions:

a) Could you share which version (it should be alpha10) and on which platform you are running?

b) It would be beneficial, if you can share a complete Debug log after a restart (enable Debug log and then restart hyperion)
    Share the "Copy to Clipboard" output.

c) What does the following create as an output

ls -la ~/.hyperion/*

If you are not running alpha10 then b and c are not required, but an update.
    Thank you!

Hi

I found it interesting to feed LedFx via UDP.
    Therefore I retrofitted the UPD Listener from Hyperion Classic to Hyperion NG.
    You can add it as a custom effect.

Extract the zip file in the "custom-effects" folder (in a standard installation you find it in the user's home and .hyperion directory)

Restart Hyperion

Now you can add a new "UDP RGB Stream Listener" effect

In Led-FX configure a corresponding FXMatrix device (the UDP device, I was not able to configure, LedFX had errors...)

Now start a Effect in LedFx.

Note: It is a Proof-of-concept and a development version.

Frag den Hersteller erstmal nach der API Doku mit ein wenig Hintergrund zu Hyperion etc.

Schlage ihm vor, dass wir Hyperion für seine Devices enablen könnten. Wenn er uns Testmaterial zur Verfügung stellt, kann er dann auch gerne auf Hyperion verweise.

Es ist sicherlich hilfreich einen Produktmanager der Firma in Deutschland anzuschreiben.

DayOne Es scheint, dass es keine offizielle Dokumentation der Schnittstelle gibt.

Damit können wir die Lampen nicht anbinden.

Wenn Du allerdings die Doku vom Hersteller besorgst, plus mindestens zwei verschiedene WiFi Geräte zum Testen, dann können wir uns über einen Einbindung unterhalten. So habe ich es auch schon mit zwei anderen Herstellern gemacht.

Ohne Doku und Gerät klappt es Erfahrungsgemäß nicht zufriedenstellend.

Dinth I just installed the latest Home Assistant version trying to get an idea about the above.

HA shows the selection of Platform- or USB-Grabber (regardless, if I run a Alpha9 or 10).
    By that you can switch either on or off.

If you run a flat-/protobuf feed it normally gets a priority and might overlay platform or USB capture (that is dependent on the prriority that is sent).
    What you might have seen before is that you e.g. run a Platform (aka Screengrabber) and a Protobuf feed.
    As you disabled the Platform grabbing, protobuf got into scope (i.e. lowest priority) why you might have thought you switched protobuf input. Here you disabled Platform capture and the the autoselect switch to the other source.

Maybe you share a view of the Hyperion Remote Control screen while running a protbuf input stream.

borussemd Im Prinzip kannst Du die SizeDezimation auf die Anzahl Deiner horizontalen LEDs setzen.

Hast Du z.B. 25 LEDs am oberen Bildschirmrand, könntest Du sizedecimation bis zu 25 setzen.

Die Bildschirmbreite wird damit in 25 Teile geteilt, die dann auf die LEDs gemappt werden.

Wenn Du zB. 1000 Bildschirmpunkt hast. aber nur 25 LEDs, deckt jede LED 40 Punkte ab, die eh gemittelt werden. Also höhere Auflösung hilft nicht bei Genauigkeit und Performance für ein Ambilight.

Aber Du hast natürlich eine schöne Vorschau ;)

Reski Was Paulchen-Panther sagen will, ist das Hyperion ein komplexes System ist und Du so viele Detail wie möglich teilen solltest. Der Post ist hat so, als würdest Du der Werkstatt eine eMail schreiben: „Mein blaues Auto ruckelt manchmal“….

Es wäre schön, wenn Du uns mehr Hintergrund gibst:

1. Ein Debug Log

Benutze Copy to Clipboard, dann haben wir das Log, Systemdetails und die Konfiguration Deiner aktuellen Instanz.

2. Benutzt Du mehre Instanzen?

3. In welchem Benutzungsszenario tritt das auf. Was machst Du und welche Komponenten sind daran beteiligt.

z.B. schaust Du einen Film, lässt Effekte laufen, etc.

4. Kannst Du einen Hyperion Memory Usage Screenshot nach einem Neustart machen und wenn das Problem aufgetreten ist?

Vielleicht fangen wir damit mal an um das Problem weiter eingrenzen zu können.

Dox What firmware do you have? You can check it in the Yeelight App or in HomeAssisten (iOS).

In case you have the Yeelight app, does the Music-Mode for for you?

If I start Music-Mode with FW 2.1.7_0037 in the iOS app, it fails even with the official app at my end.

Music-mode is the prerequisite to have Yeelight with Hyperion working.

Edit: Those Yeelight devices give me headaches...
    I have now "rebooted" the S1 and the device works again.

To track down your issue:

a) Restart the device (disconnect power and connect again)

b) Please provide your FW and if music-mode works via the app

c) if music mode is working, plus hyperion into debug mode

d) run the wizard until your device shows up, do identify
    if the device does not occur, press cancel and start the wizard again.
    The device is not always reliable, therefore you might need to do multiple retires

e) Save the device

f) run a simple color effect or standard effect from the remote control

g) provide the log file, use the copy to clipboard button

Then we have a joined look at potential errors reported.

then I could copy the LED setting prior to the vertical LED drop and that will light the light with the previous colour...but will not shift the lights out of alignment?

Yes. I only asked you starting with the black ones that you find the exact position.

Later you could replace those entries with the previous records (left) and following one (right).

Also in regards to the bottom LED count. I have a total of 40 (not including the vertical soundbar LEDs; however 3 of the 40 are hidden behind the bar and are excess (thus blacklist) therefore should my bottom run be set as 39 with blacklisting the first 3 at the point the LED strip starts?

Finally you need to have 36! different "capture" areas on the screen which map to the correct LEDs.
    Start thinking from which areas of the screen needs to be mapped, do not think from the number of LEDs....

That is why I suggested you start with 36 on the bottom to get the right records created in the manual config (see sample config image).
    Now you need to manipulate that config that way it fits your LED strip by adding the additional records.

Hoping that little sketch illustrates the idea:

As this is DIY, you might need some iterations... I can only provide you some general pointers of the logic, but you might need just trying it out.

alex5sanchez Sorry, that I answer in english...

2021-08-19T11:06:13.620Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'

You need to run hyperion as root for this LED device.
    Look in the forum for "mmap() failed" for details....

Dermac Currently Hyperion can receive data via Protobuf, Flatbuffer protocols and via JSON-API.
    As far as I get it, you can send Images, which will then be mapped to the LEDs.
    But I guess LedFx is already preparing the individual color to LED mappings for a device...

As LedFx is Python, you might want to check, if you could reuse some code from here using the ProtoBuf protocol.