Beiträge von gazm2k5

If my screen is red, the LEDs are red. Blue, blue, green green. BUT if I show a full white screen, some of the end LEDs show as reddish. The further away from the power line they are, the redder they get.

At 0.4 Luminance gain, they were okay.

So I added a ground and power connector to the end of the strip too, which helped a bit, but still not able to go above 0.5 luminance gain without the corner furthers from power source showing as reddish. At 1 luminance gain they are fully red when meant to be showing white.

I have APA102 LEDs connected to the 5V line of a molex power connector on my PC. From a quick google it should be able to deliver 11A.

I have 103 LEDs, (60 LED/m) and at 2.8 A/m power requirement, this should need no more than 6A.

The raspberry Pi and APA102 LEDs have a common ground, but the Raspberry Pi has its own micro USB power input which is not delivered to the LEDs.

Is this a current issue? Perhaps my ATX PSU is not delivering the full 11A that I think it is... unfortunately I don't have a multimeter.

You basically need to enable proto port on Hyperion and point the software to it. Also give priority to proto over others in Hyperion.

Thanks, seems to be working now. I get a notification in Window saying it's successfully connected.
    Only trouble is now Hyperion on the RPi seems to crash when using the Windows configuration tool to manually change a colour. And it doesn't seem to change colours with the Windows Screen Grabber either. :thumbsdown: I've created a separate thread about that though.

I put raspbian lite on an SD card. Booted it up on my RPi 1 Model B+. Enabled SSH, connected to Wifi network.

I then connected from my PC to the Pi via SSH using HyperCon. I installed Hyperion. Created and uploaded this config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]YcNUkZwj[/MEDIA]

Started Hyperion, saw the rainbow swirl start up animation on the APA102 LEDs.

When I try to choose a colour using the SSH Colorpicker, it crashes. Sometimes it sets the colour and then crashes, other times it just crashes. I have to reboot my pi to try again.

The Pi is currently connected to my TV. It displays the bash command prompt, but goes black when it crashes (after I try to set LED colour)

The HyperCon tool then gives the message "Session is down" and this huge dialog box:
    imgur.com/a/gsS9lyP
    But I imagine that's just because the SSH connection is severed when the Hyperion Software on the RPi crashes.

Log is here:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]6UAnGE0P[/MEDIA]

I have set a static IP on my RPi to 192.168.0.15

I want to use the windows screen grabber on my PC eventually, but at the moment just trying to get the basic colourpicker working.

Is there anything I can try?

I got my Raspberry Pi B+ model and APA102 lights working with a USB screen grabber, but have no idea how to set up HyperCon for the Windows screen grabber. Nor can I figure out how to set up the screen grabber itself.

Are there any instructions? I can't figure out what any of the settings refer to, I don't know what ports I'm meant to be using, I've tried all the logical guesses but it's not working. Could really use a noob guide to help set it up.

I've followed GreatScott's guide to setting up my APA102 LEDs, except I'm not using an Rpi Zero, but a Rpi 1 B model. This is for my PC, so am using a USB grabber. The LEDs are currently still in a coil on the floor, I just wanted to test them before starting.

Unfortunately I'm getting errors when trying to test:

Code
    ssh out:     sudo systemctl stop hyperion.service 2>/dev/null; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion stop 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl stop hyperion 2>/dev/null
    ssh out:     sudo systemctl start hyperion.service 2>/dev/null ; sudo /etc/init.d/hyperion start 2>/dev/null ; sudo /sbin/initctl start hyperion 2>/dev/null
    ssh out:     hyperion-remote  -c 30ff45
    ssh in:     hyperion-remote:
    ssh in:         version   : V1.03.5 (GitHub-66bef6b/fb413cd-1566231780
    ssh in:         build time: Aug 25 2019 10:39:08
    ssh out:     Unable to connect to host

My config file is here: