Beiträge von SJL

I have managed to compile Hyperion NG Master under a Ubuntu live usb - I have to be honest I have never compiled anything in my life so its been quite a learning curve :P I have zero experience of coding so please don't baffle me with techie terms. I am still not sure how I did it :S .

From the bin folder I can run bin/hyperiond and access the webui but I now want to transfer the built file to my Libreelec pc. What steps do I need to do next to get the master version (my build) onto the other pc? :S Should I have compiled it under Ubuntu or is there an easier option?

I’m going to mark this as solved, for reference I am now using a nodemcu and I also have the flirc plugged back in and that is also functioning as it should. I don’t know if it was a conflict with the original lightberry arduino or not. I have looked on the flirc forum but haven’t found anyone else with the same issue.

I have to be honest the nodemcu is a great piece of kit! Seems ever so responsive and was an absolute doddle to setup. It even links to Philips hue.

Thanks to @Lord-Grey & @jeroen warmerdam for the help

I tried changing the setting to "/dev/ttyACM1" as you suggested and it made no difference.

Your suggestions though made me think about what else I had connected via USB, I have a

Flirc
    Logitech dongle for a K400r keyboard/mouse combo
    Pulse 8 CEC
    The USB lead from the Arduino

I disconnected everything except the Arduino and it works! I get the rainbow on reboot and the LEDs come on as they should. I added back in the USB devices one by one and kept checking by rebooting and it all worked until I added the Flirc.

I am happy to try what you have requested in your post above if it helps to diagnose the issue though? I expect you would like to know where the issue lies?

Thank you for all your help with this.

Sure here you go. This isn't on a Pi, its a Intel system I3-6320 - no bluetooth on this either

Hyperion Server:
    - Build: (HEAD detached at 08909b8a) (Paulchen-Panther-75963ca9/08909b8a-1600115237)
    - Build time: Sep 14 2020 20:32:45
    - Git Remote: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    - Version: 2.0.0-alpha.8
    - UI Lang: auto (BrowserLang: en-US)
    - UI Access: expert
    - Avail Capt: v4l2,framebuffer,x11,xcb,qt

Hyperion Server OS:
    - Distribution: LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6
    - Arch: x86_64
    - Kernel: linux (5.1.16 (WS: 64))
    - Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:82.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/82.0

I just tried the command you asked me to input and it tells me - No such file or directory

Hi all,

I have been using Hyperion Classic on a Intel HTPC for a fair while now without any issues.I checked the forum and saw that NG has progressed an awful lot - I am not a coder and a complete noob when it come to Linux but I am capable enough to have gotten Hyperion Classic installed and working :).

I now have NG working and all the leds operate etc and the ambilight effect in Librelec is great.

The issue I have is that if I power off the HTPC I get the RGB sequence but no rainbow effect or any ambilight within Kodi.

The server doesnt appear to be working as I cannot connect via phone app but if I use the web gui I can manually turn the leds on.

I am using APA102 Led's and the kit I originally had was a Lightberry kit that has been modded to have more led's so it uses an Arduino.

I have messed around adding various Hyperion Kodi add-ons and was wondering if these could be interfering with the system - all uninstalled now I must add.

Thanks

I have managed to get Hyperion installed and it works really well, thanks to all the devs and the work they have done to make it so easy to use/install.

I am using a Lightberry kit and had a couple of issues getting it to work - nothing to do with their hardware, it turned out to be my equipment that was at fault. A dodgy psu on my X64 pc was the cause. Took a while to track that down!

Now I have it working I would like to control some of the functions through the TV remote and I have found some information I the link below

Post 94

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180472&page=7

The script to turn off the led's works but I cannot get the other scripts to work, now I realise (please correct me if I am wrong) that LibreElec does not have the opt folder so I have modified the scripts to point to the destinations of the various files in the published scripts. This doesn't work either, unsurprisingly lol.

Would someone care to cast an eye over the original scripts and advise what I need to edit to make them work with LibreElec and Hyperion please.