Beiträge von pho08

thank you abrenoch for your work!

finally got fed up waiting for Kodi19/HDR support for my RPI i went out and got a FireTV 4k Stick. and i have to say that i am very impressed with its performance so far.

anyway, what i wanted to share is that the combination of FireTV 4k + Kodi + Hyperion Android Grabber finally enables me to playback 4k HDR/DolbyVision X265 videos WITH ambilight! :)

i cannot confirm the issue described here https://github.com/abrenoch/hy…ndroid-grabber/issues/112 -- it just works for me (however, i have not tried any streaming/input stream apps, just playing videos streamed from my local emby server)

the only issue that remains are the washed out HDR colors.
    with the external grabber i was able to alleviate the problem at least a bit by upping saturation/contrast with v4l2-ctl. Would it be possible to implement something like this for the android grabber as well? Adjusting brightness/saturation/contrast threshholds?

hello, danke für den workaround,

ich habe leider das Problem (YUYV USB-HDMI grabber), dass trotz saturation=255 die Farben im HDR Modus nach wie vor ausgewaschen/blass wirken (auf jeden Fall besser als vorher aber saturation=355+ o.ä. wären bei mir nötig). Nun ist bei 255 aber eben Schluss.

Daher die Frage , gibt es irgendwie eine Möglichkeit die Farbsättigung noch weiter zu steigern?

btw this way you can automate a whole lot of things which i always had to fiddle around before , e.g.

i have a PS4 and the RPI connected to my TV
    PS4 via external grabber
    RPI internal

so i set up a script on the RPI to switch from (a)PS4 to RPI and another one to switch from (b)RPI to PS4
    (a) for instance will copy the current hyperion.db to hyperion.db.RPI and copy the (previously set up) hyperion.db.PS4 to hyperion.db
    afterwards it restarts hyperion

--> not only can i switch grabber-inputs this way reliably (priority setting wasn't working right for me with multiple instances) but i can also set up different color/brightness/etc values for each environment (i.e. PS4 HDR vs RPI SDR)

combine this with tasker and the option to switch to a different HDMI channel on your TV and you can tell google to "switch from RPI to PS4" and vice versa -- without hassle

i was struggling with this as well and ultimately gave up on it.

if SSH is an option you can use the android app tasker (with autotools) to send ssh commands to your Pi.

in combination with IFTTT and GoogleHome this is pretty comfy :)

hi

quick question: is it possible (and if yes, how) to somehow run hyperiond twice on one system?
    i don't mean another instance within the same hyperion installation but have two hyperion.ng installations running simultaneously (on raspbian) with their own web interface/service and everything?

why am i asking?
    testing the yeelight implementation atm we're running into problems with their led stripes. sometimes they will close connection after a while and can only be brought back with a restart of hyperion altogether (LED-Device restart doesn't fix this). So to isolate the problem from other instances running on the original hyperion installation i would like to have them running in their own hyperion.ng environment.

quick reply would be great. thanks!

sorry for digging this up but after playing around with all the workarounds suggested here which ultimately resulted in a deteriorated picture (cropped / colors washed out) , i think i found an actual solution to this problem:

(this is on hyperion.NG):go to Capture Hardware Tab -> USB Capture -> shrink factor (or whatever it is called in english): 2

what happened for me is this: checking the live video feed i now have a much more stable image (less flickering around the edges) and thus the LED flickering is gone. CPU load on my RPI4 didn't really make a big jump (sits at around ~20%) but image quality improved heaps. Of course the results are even better if you set the value to 1 but then my RPI4 shows cpu loads at around 60%

seems like the problem was just that the image received after the splitter->converter->capture orgy was just flickering as hell with the shrink factor set to default (8 or something, can't remember) and thus hyperion tried its best to reproduce this for the LEDs^^

anyway, maybe this helps somebdy

Woah thanks. Dont mind my whining/babbling above, all errors seem to be fixed and i already got it working :)

One thing though: blacks are somehow screwed. Meaning the lamps wont dim/turn off on black scenes but randomly show blue/red (probably the color that comes closest) in full saturation ....and in pitch black scenes the lamps go full white . But maybe thats only happening with the 1s bulb?

okay so apparently there is a bug in the newest firmware of the yeelights 1s. If you update and at some point in the future your yeelight app loses connection it is a pain in the ass to get it reconnected (connection attempt timed out). after trying countless times last night to reconnect i gave up. this morning all of a sudden it reconnected as if nothing had ever happened.

anyway i finally managed to get the bridge running and correctly adress a bulb. Colors change according to Kodi playback....

BUT i can always only get ONE of the bulbs to work. The configurator.py sometimes finds 1 or 2 bulbs (never all 3) but even if i set up these 2 correctly, at the end only one bulb will actually light up/respond to the UDP signals.

is there a way to manually add/register more bulbs with their actual IP adress? I am not talking about the config.json in the program dir (this one only has their nicknames). But the file where there physical adress is stored? Couldn't find that.

Cheers

thanks for the reply! yes that's how i am testing it

during the testing i noticed that the only lamp which was actually reacting to the signals sent from hyperion.ng was displayed as "offline" in yeelight app.

anyway, so i edited the config.json and changed the names of the lamps (even though there were no duplicates) and restarted bridge.py. But now nothing happens anymore. rebooting the system didnt help

so i restored the original config.json (with the original names) , rebooted, but nothing, made sure that the yeelight-bridge service was running but the lamp doesn't react to hyperion anymore...
    i tried running the configurator.py again but it returns

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion-yeelight-bridge $ python3 configurator.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "configurator.py", line 6, in <module>
        import yeelight
    ImportError: No module named 'yeelight'

what the hell?

what's worse it is still offline in yeelight app. So i hardware-resetted the lamp but now i can't even find it in the yee app anymore X(

thanks so much for this @Lord-Grey

now the configurator script finds the lights.

after a lot of errors trying to get the service/bridge.py running, i think i finally managed it (it was apparently just a stupid mistake with ""s in the config file)

BUT alas the lights don't react at all

:edit (no#315413513)
    okay i think i am going insane with this... now all of a sudden after rebooting/restarting everything ONE of the the three lights actually turned on and seems to be getting signals!! it changes luminance and colors while playing a file in kodi!
    But the colors are all wrong (basically just white and green) and the other two lamps i have configured still don't react at all :( -- but it's something!

:edit
    restarting again ANOTHER lamp turns on than before (left front, before it was right front --still only one though) and still just white and green (even though there is no green in the picture on TV)

outdated errors solved(?)

hi @Squizzy danke für die antwort!

war ein missverständnis ich bin mittlerweile auf Raspbian mit meinem rpi4 -- sonst hätte die installation ja gar nicht erst geklappt.

das Konfigurationsskript läuft einwandfrei hoch nur findet es eben keine lampen :/

ich schätze aber wirklich dass die neuen 1s Lampen irgendwie anders ticken. Denn auch der alternative WEg die Lampen einzubinden der hier auf dem Forum beschrieben wurde (https://hyperion-project.org/t…ion.529/page-2#post-25280) führt nicht zum Erfolg sondern lediglich dazu dass ich die Lampen zwar einschalten kann , sonst aber nix. Alle mehr oder weniger "offiziellen" Tools die die Lampen auch via LAN ansprechen funktionieren allerdings tadellos.

es ist auch etwas verwirrend mit den Lampen-Generationen bei Yeelight aber ich glaube es gibt insgesamt drei in dieser Reihenfolge veröffentlicht:

hi

i am running into the same problem with hyperion.ng and Yeelight 1s.

once i configured everything and fire up the .py it just says "waiting on port: 5568" -- if the lamp is already on nothing happens. if the lamp is off it will turn on with the last selected color/preset.

has anybody been able to fix this?

Has anybody got this to work with the (newer) Yeelights 1s ?

i have set up everything as per instructions. Turned on all the lights, activated LAN control but the configuration script cannot find any devices. I am pretty sure LAN access works per se bc other applications (Yeelight Toolbox et al) can access/control the bulbs via their IP adresses on the local network. They also respond to ping just fine.

Does anybody have an idea what's wrong here?

i would try to add/configure them manually but for that i'd need a model "bridge.default.config.json" from a working setup. So if anyone has this yeelight bridge working it would be great if you could provide your config file

thanks again for the LE script! Hyperion.NG seems like a HUGE step forward -- i love it!

there is one tiny thing though: with the old hyperion running internal grabber the LEDs would turn off as soon as kodi went in dimming mode (inactivity). With hyperion.ng the LEDs will always stay on, even if kodi is inactive/dimmed.

is there a way to configure such an activity timeout or whatever like with the old hyperion?

cheers

:Edit
    Found a workaround. Disabled the background effect/color via web interface. Installed hyperion.control kodi addon. disabled hyperion active in menus. That seems to work. An inactivity timeout option would still be great though

thanks again (crossposting from LE forums :D)

but can anyone explain what the width/height setting actually does? i don't quite understand

:edit
    this "fix" also works with Hyperion.NG
    i set width/height to 640x360 (default is 80x45 here) and there is no more HDMI signal drop when playing 1080p 25fps / 50hz