Beiträge von hotpotato

Mine was 100% plug and play.
    Try playing around there to see if modifying the settings will allow the system to see the grabber. It should also show up under the Remote control section if the systems sees it.

I could absolutely kiss you right now, this has made my YEAR. I've had these damn LED's sitting on the back of my TV for A FULL YEAR because for the life of me I just couldn't make it work and I just got so damn frustrated and now it just WORKS! Thank you thank you thank you

Mine was 100% plug and play.

Under Configuration > Capture Hardware: You should have a USB Capture settings section, You can modify the Device (mine says "USB Video:USB Video") as well as the input, video standard, resolution and some other settings.

Try playing around there to see if modifying the settings will allow the system to see the grabber. It should also show up under the Remote control section if the systems sees it.

OH MY GOSH THERE'S AN ONLINE CONFIGURATION I was still using the old .json file from 2019 with LibreELEC and pounding my head against the wall because I wasn't seeing those options!! Thank you for the reply, I will try it as soon as I get home! Are you also using the HyperBian image?

I've purchased this USBHDMI Grabber and it works beautifully like Alpha7 states. No rainbow colors with no input; resolved my LED flicker; I also had an issue with dark or gray colors on the screen being displayed as green from the LEDs, this has resolved that too. The colors seem more accurate and brighter as well.

I'm running Hyperion.NG with Hue Lights and they are also more vibrant and responsive. I would highly recommend this grabber to anyone looking to resolve the above-mentioned issues, or if you are looking to bypass your AV2HDMI converter.

I purchased this same grabber as @Alpha7 and @theovlit but the SSH is throwing the error "what(): V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Only pixel formats UYVY, YUYV, and RGB32 are supported ERROR"

Did you guys have to change anything in the standard hypercon setup to get this grabber to work? I'm running on V1.03.4, and can't find any mention on the forums of how to change pixel format. Any thoughts? I know the rest of my setup should be valid because I can send a setup without any grabber and send colors from my phone to my lights, but as soon as I add a grabber to the .json file it doesn't run anything.

I have both versions downloaded on my computer, and I stepped back into this project after rage-quitting quite a while ago so I’m actually not surprised that I left off on the wrong version. I’ll start over and see where it gets me. Thanks!

I'm having an issue getting my setup working. I've tried several different grabbers (UTVF with the no-change workaround) with both OpenELEC and LibreELEC, and I've gotten furthest with Libre. The current error I'm getting is:

"V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Only pixel formats UYVY, YUYV, and RGB32 are supported ERROR"

Honestly this is an improvement over OpenELEC because I struggled to get it to even recognize my grabber. Is there some way I can change the pixel format coming from my grabber?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

HyperCON log:

JSON File:

Hello,

I am pretty new to coding/software and am having issues getting my pi zero to read a UTVF007 grabber. I've been following the instructions on the insanelight blog (the “standard” : “no-change“ fix) but still can't get my system to recognize the grabber. It shows up in putty as this:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 534d:0021 (with no description of the grabber following in the lsusb command)

My hypercon log indicates that it is not mapping to a /dev/video0 which causes hyperion to fail. When I create a .json file without the grabber option, I can run my lights from the mobile app and send colors from my laptop. WIth the grabber option active, the lights won't show the startup sequence or take any colors I send because the lack of /dev/video0 input crashes hyperion. I was thinking that if the grabber is defective, then I wouldn't be able to see it at all under the lsusb command. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JSON file (LED configuration hidden):

HyperCon Logs: