Beiträge von gebn

@gebn, thank you for your message. Yes, that is me on armbian forum. I tried to activate spidev1.0 via /boot/armbianEnv.txt but when I start hyperiond and initial effect is running everything flickers like a hell. :(

To be completely honest with you, i ended up scrapping my Orange Pi Plus and went with the RPi 3, while i got the kernel and Hyperion working, it just didn't work well with my WS2812b Strip (regardless of the edits penfold42 told us to try out, the green led was removed but proved towards other problems like intermittent flashes, incorrect colours and positions of) and without an oscilloscope, i cant really debug what was going on, maybe it will work better with Strips that have a clock line to them, just didnt feel like waiting 5 weeks for a new led strip.

On a less discouraging tone, i do suggest you try it out either or. My strip was finicky from the start and as soon as i finished the entire project; LEDs just started dying out on their own, maybe theres some wiring issue but, I've honestly just deduced it to the strip being of low quality.

If you do succeeded with a different strip, please let me know, I'd rather put the Orange Pi to the job than the RPi that I can easily find another project for.

I tried dev kernel Armbian_5.33.171011_Orangepizero_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.13.5 which has /dev/video0 but spidev is missing there...

I had completely forgot how i used to compile a kernel, not only that but i used to compile for the H3-Based OrangePi Plus so situations may be different
    Until i figure out where i got the tutorial from, did you try the Xenial Next Nightly (comes with a mainline (supposedly 4.x Kernel) from here?
    Please be aware that the following bugs have been reported for these nightlies

Zitat

- No Mali drivers
    - No hardware accelerated video decoding
    - schedutil CPU governor may cause clicks and pops on audio output – change(d) to ondemand to work around this issue

(This might actually interfere with SPI timings ; Like the Pi , either set the cores clock to one speed or try out other governors, use "h3consumption" in terminal to check current core speeds)

Edit 2: Igor has given you the same link on the armbian forums

Edit 3: Try this out to enable SPI with your current setup, Its better to use dev nightlies than building/patching your own kernel.

Edit 4: And to answer the original question, I used to get the instructions from the offical download page, but these got removed with the new download page layout. Nothing that The Wayback Machine can't solve. (cached on April 23rd 2017; Website changed on May 10th)
    I should note that these commands should be run on a Legacy Kernel and might not work anymore, still its worth a shot if things go south with the previous attempts to enable SPI
    I'll Qoute the commands for you just in case the wayback machine dies out on you and for archival sakes.

On a seperate note : I'm supposing that peter12 on the armbian forums is you? If it is; Rosimildo's answer about the processor lockdown hiccup is probably due to the loss of hardware accelerated video encoding in the mainline kernel for the H2+; If you do ever get to the same issue, try running

Code
    armbianmonitor -m 

(CTRL+C to stop the command)

to monitor temperatures, IMO anything over 60-70°C is too much especially since you are right now probably open bench testing this and later on will probably hide it in some cramped space.

It should work, use a premade linux build for your Intel NUC such as LibreElec. Then try installing Hyperion using the Hypercon Java tool method or manually using command line.
    If it doesnt work or you used a different linux distro you can always try to manually compile Hyperion or take a spin on the new and shiny hyperion.ng (Compile Method)

Regarding just plugging in the USB however is another thing, i've checked both the hyperion and hyperion.ng and lightberry isn't listed( see attached picture for hyperion.ng settings)
    try and search the forums maybe somebody has had any luck Edit : Quick search i found somebody that uses the "Adalight" setting, try connecting your lightberry and see if any ' ttyACM0 ' shows up in the /dev/ folder. I can also confirm that on hyperion.ng there is a 'Lightberry Mode' (APA102 is just the type of your led strip, refer to attached picture)

I own a Raspberry Pi 3, yesterday i tried reinstalling using the ssh script and was failing, this was due to sourceforge servers being down because today I installed as if it was nothing.

However i have noticed from the script that the rpi2.tar was being downloaded and installed, just wanted to ask if this was normal? ; considering the sourceforge servers have an rpi3 tar file

edit: I have found out that this is due to the 32bit OS identifying the CPU incorrectly (Link)
    sorry if this was a known issue, please delete if so

might be unrelated, but today i tried installing hyperion for my raspberry pi 3 but the script wasnt working well (?)

I noticed from htop that the script was getting a sourceforge link with wget for the raspberry pi 2 instead and crashing after 13 seconds ( i tried to manually access the link but didnt work, could be a down server during the time) , not even downloading. Ill continue to test this out when i'll find the time. In the mean time if you're willing to test it out you can try reinstalling hyperion with the script from commandline / hypercon while monitoring htop.

as long as you got everything working then its all good!
    However it is suggested you place a capacitor between positive and negative.
    This should help against voltage drops or peaks and also smooth in each LED's chip bootup. A 1000uf one should do. Ignore connections inside the purple circle.

I would also install a 470Ohm resistor on the data line, however ive seen a many builds without one

@DerPicknicker Diagram is made specifically for the WS2812 SPI and 74HCT125, The capacitor is for protecting the LEDs
    Also ignore the 20A Supply, use supply as needed to drive LED's; and the OR under the black wire, you can connect to any ground on the Pi

As far as i know from reading once the Orange Pi Hardware Renderer bypasses the framegrabber. I'm assuming this is a hardware design (more like an issue) so no driver will have any effect and the only way to get this working would be routing the signal from the OPI A\V to a USB Video Grabber and use the V4L2 Capture module.

Unless Kodi Watcher/Checker Features in Hyperion is able to transfer video trough to hyperion but i dont know much about that.

Guten Tag!
    Das ist von Google Übersetzer und die kleinen deutschen Klassen.
    WS2812b kann mit SPI verwendet werden, aber man braucht ein 74HCT125 (DIP ist besten zum Löten). Mit dem 74HCT125 brauchst du kein Arduino und kannst dich direkt mit dem RaspberryPi verbinden. Ich kann dir ein Diagramm geben, wie man eine Verbindung herstellt

i do know that the hyperion-ng builds have a kodi watcher but as far as i know so does the current stable, im assuming this detects kodi menus by a protocol, maybe this will help your cause?

Edit : you are talking about kodi right? and im assuming your running kodi on the Pi itself?

somewhat of a double post, sorry for that but i do need some help on this.

Connected everything as outlined above, done specific edits to remove the first green led as outlined here. Now i got some weird glitches.

I have tried editing /libsrc/LedDevices/LedDeviceWS2812SPI.cpp variable SPI_FRAME_END_LATCH_BYTES with 6 and 80 and unsigned_ptr to 3. In all cases i fixed the first green led, but not this (webmshare).

With the Raspberry Pi 3 and no edits to the , i get something completely different. it works except for this random white flashing.

So close to fix but i always seem to find something in the way

as for debug, at best i could build a arduino oscilloscope to send images of data output, since i cent lend one from anyone

I suggest you go for an RPI, while the orange pi will work, you will need to compile it's armbian development kernel to have support for the USBTV007 (support was installed in kernel 3.19-rc1 and Opi only has a stable kernel at 3.4, dev kernel is at 4.10 currently) and then compile hyperion for it, i will be writing an indepth tutorial soon but i still have some flashing/glitching problems on both the OrangePi Plus and Rpi

Edit: changed video links to webm

sorry to rewake an old thread but i didnt want to start another one

so i tried connecting everything with the SPI with a 74HCT125, ive tried doing the edits on the orangepi and did not have a green led, then i upgraded the orangepi to a devport kernel 4.10 due that video0 was not found on the old 3.4.113 kernel
    now i have some glitches, which i suppose are either from timing, the first led gone bust or i have a clone of the ws2812b
    I have tried editing /libsrc/LedDevices/LedDeviceWS2812SPI.cpp variable SPI_FRAME_END_LATCH_BYTES with 6 and 80 and unsigned_ptr to 3. In all cases i fixed the first green led, but not this (webmshare).

With the Raspberry Pi 3 and no edits to the , i get something completely different. it works except for this random white flashing, on Dispmanx Grabber , it stays white longer , maybes because theres more white on the first few leds due to the top bar in linux desktop (?)

So close to fix but i always seem to find something in the way

same issue here with anything ive tried, than its an OPI issue,
    @peter what OPI do you have?, mines an Orange Pi Plus v1.1 on Armbian 5.25 Server
    ill be trying this code edit out on the shiny new hyperion-ng and will report back!

Edit : code is fairly different, not exactly into C++ so much; which one should i modify?

in the meantime ill try compiling without edits

Edit 2: Compiling Hyperion-ng, had to modify CMakeLists.txt because it was detecting the OPI as a Raspberry Pi due that the CPU check is not by model but by architecture.
    Modified Lines 73 to 75

Code
    elseif ( "${PLATFORM}" STREQUAL "rpi" )
        SET ( DEFAULT_DISPMANX   OFF )
        SET ( DEFAULT_WS281XPWM  OFF )

Edit 3 4:

compiling right now

Edit 5 : Compile done, will test in about an hour

thanks for replying so late , was about to hit the hay myself !

• thought so too, hope it doesnt drop from dma to interrupt to often, but ill guess ill have to plug it in to see the results!
    • ground to pi sorted then

another question though; does the output enable line on the HCT need to connect to the SPI_CLK or SPI_CS, i read on this forum that i need to connect to CS, but on another that i need to connect to CLK since OE acts as an opening and closing gate (??????) ?

and i wont be using a breadboard, just going to do everything direct, i just like using a virtual one since it helps me plan better, my leds are already wired anyway! :p thanks for the tip nontheless, will help me compile a better sketch for later.

Hello all,
    I am almost done on my ambilight kit, i have been very busy on other things but also eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Fushicai UTV007, and with it's arrival being days away I've been getting my hands dirtier.

So i got Hyperion to successfully compile on an Orange Pi using an Armbian image and was told that instead of using an Arduino; the SPI driver should work with other-fruit Pi's. So I compiled with the " -DENABLE_SPIDEV=ON " flag and systemctl service ran fine until now (SPI should be enabled by default from kernel since 5.16).

However I wanted to verify a few details with all of you to see if I am on the right track

• I have read that the transfer size is limited to 128 bytes on sun6i family.
      The H3 Processor on my OPi Plus is a sun8i family and it's datasheet (page 63) shows that it supports "Full-Duplex Synchronous; Two 64-bytes FIFO TX and RX with DMA or Interrupt Based"

Does this limit the refresh rate of the LEDs; especially since im using a ~280 LED Build?

• Would anyone check this diagram out for me?
      I don't know how I should wire the outputs to the 74HCT125? Should i wire a ground from the GPIO to the 74HCT125 or the LEDs? What should i do with unused OE pins on the shifter?

Ignore the 74HCT125D mistake on pin 13 and 12; the ground should be connected to pin12 and pin11 on the 4A and 4Y Line

I had previously used a 470 ohm resistor between Arduino and DataIn, I left it there since I wasn't sure if i should remove it, Capacitor is there to protect the LED's, I could only find a 10V one locally and was told it makes no difference.

Thanks all, will be posting a full tutorial when i get the capture card!

got me a supposed USBTV007 on the way aswell, will post a guide of my adventures :thumbup:
    now time to try compiling on a OrangePi

Ps. for those trying to to use a USBTV007 on the orangepi, you will need to compile the dev kernel 4.x to get video0 as outlined in the armbian site (if your using armbian)

still trying, cause right now i'm trying to get hyperion to compile on a orange pi and failing over and over, really need a good class on linux compiling in general :LOL:, ill be posting as soon as i find something, however tpmodding did give me this link in the mean time, im guessing due to loopback it will disable UVC errors, see if you have any luck with it!