Beiträge von Dschogo

I think its PWM
    Like the Hypercon config: (didnt touched my hardware)

hmm tried every latch-time between 0 and 30ms (and from 30 to 150 in steps of 5) but nothing seems to help.

Doubble checked the hardware. No problem there (if i switch back to hypercon everything works just fine)

Heres the startup debug-log:

Nope static colors flickers for a second and gets stuck in weird colors (for each led). Effects constantly updates the strip so endless flickering. Seems to me like a wrong frequency or byteorder, but I used the same settings as for the hypercon. (except the frequency because ther is no option for that)

Restartet the rpi a few times already. Where can I find the start log?

PD: Iam starting hyperionNg via "sudo hyeriond &" because of the issue with only read access

alll right (Leds kinda work but only flickers around until they get stuck on one color)

But here the log:

If there is no error after starting, then I would suggest you turn on the Debug log and share the output.

Hmm debug log doesnt quite fill on its own only if I do something.

Log of saving the config, changing color so something pink via web remote

Code
    2021-01-19T18:54:18.008Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1054:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.178.79
    2021-01-19T18:54:18.021Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1063:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming deactivated for client  ::ffff:192.168.178.79
    2021-01-19T18:54:26.053Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:161:registerInput()) Register new input 'Web Configuration@::ffff:192.168.178.79/COLOR' with priority 1 as inactive
    2021-01-19T18:54:26.053Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:207:setInput()) Priority 1 is now active
    2021-01-19T18:54:26.053Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:351:setCurrentTime()) Set visible priority to 1
    2021-01-19T18:54:26.054Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (Hyperion.cpp:559:handlePriorityChangedLedDevice()) priority[1], previousPriority[250]
    2021-01-19T18:54:28.402Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1054:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.178.79

Current NG config (color values are all reduced, leds overshooted in the past (stuck at white) with hypercon and this was the fix along with frequency and dmachannel):

yeah i know its automatically generated by the webui (the rate parameter is not editable in the ui so i put it in via import to see if this was the missing piece.... it wasnt)

So what I effectively did is: installed NG, put all my settings in (which worked in hypercon) via webui and it doesnt work.

The rate parameter was present in hyper con as "frequency".

I didnt imported anything manually (if I try to i get the incompatible message). It importted/ migrated the existing hypercon setting during the installation of NG. If i enter my values manually it still doenst work. Do I need to reset the config first? How? (wheres the config path)

What do you menas with import clean json? (empty json or with the correct structure of NG)

EDIT:
    used the default config: (https://raw.githubusercontent.…erion.config.json.default) (renamed to .json)

even with all the old working settings (and frequency as rate 800000) it still just blinks, not that fast only randomly sets leds to different colors (no effect selected only unicolor)

hi,

tried to update to hyperion ng today. Everything works (software) except the leds (so nothing :D). The Leds just randomly blinks and get "stuck" until I reconnect them again to a poweroutlet. (Had this issue before with hypercon, solved it by lowering the maximum brightness and adding the frequency)
    My old config:

Setting a unique color or anything (in NG) resolves in randomly blinking. It looks like Ng has imported the old settings but not completly.
    The NG config:

Am I doing something wrong/ something missing? Or is it just because NG is still in alpha?

[Specs]
    -Rpi 3b+
    -rapsbian
    -hyperionng alpha9 (armv7)

Cheers
    Dschogo

where's the Json from your NG build? did you still have your default Json saved before you imported your old one from Hypercon?

Just installed NG through the installer. (over the existing hypercon-hyperion) So it imported the config. (it seems right) but when i export the configuration its missing the 800khz frequency part. Dunno if this matters.

importing the hypercon config afterwards in the web ui is not possbile ("The selected configuration file "hyperion.config.json" can't be imported. It's not compatible with Hyperion 2.0 and higher!")

Okay waited for next update (alpha 9) because i gave up after hours debugging. No change in this update

Leds just blinking randomly (tried every combination: RGB byte order, invert, rgbw) nothing works.
    Hardware Led count doenst seem to do anything.
    (i had an similar result with hypercon fixed it by lowering the complete brightness to around 150) the gamma or brightnes settings doesnt seem to help.

The only difference that could matter is the frequency (800khz). Without this config it doesnt worked in hypercon but I dont see any option to input this option into Hyperion-NG.

Im kinda lost and dunno what to do :(

the current hyperion ng config (hypercon config didnt change since last post):

Thanks for taking time

Hello,

tried to upgrade from hypercon to Hyperion.ng (2 alpha 8) von my rpi3b+. Installation went fine (removed Hypercon, installed NG from deb (armv7)).

Importing config doesnt works: So I needed to reconfigure it again through the Webinterface.

Dunno why but the leds are now off and I cant figure out how to turn them on.

old config from hypercon:

an the new config in Hypercon.NG:

whats wrong/ missing?

Edit: Software works fine (preview of the leds with live video is correct). Problem is only the part which controls the strip

Edit 2: Hyperion was not running as root --> https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/641

new issue is the brightness. The Stripe "overloads" if the brightness is to high. At the old hypercon i could just lower the "white value" but in the new Hyperion, this settings seems to be ignored

Hallo,

dachte Config ist in diesem Falle nicht zwingend nötig, da es ja etwas mit dem Webclient zutun hat. (Server geht einwandfrei, da es ja mit der Mobile app funktioniert)
    Mysteriös ist, dass es jetzt plötzlich funktioniert??!
    Habe nichts verändert.
    Allerdings nur in Opera (basierend auf Chromium).
    nach einem Browser Neustart (alles schließen) funktioniert es nicht mehr ("No server connection")

Nur ab und zu wird eine Verbindung gefunden.

Log ist größtenteils leer bzw. enthält keine Einträge bezüglich "Webclient connected" oder Farbänderungen. Random kommt immer nur folgendes an (unabhängig von dear Aktion im Web-client:

Code
    ssh in:     Mai 09 17:37:57 raspberrypi-Tobi hyperiond[3874]: JSONSERVER INFO: New connection
    ssh in:     Mai 09 17:37:57 raspberrypi-Tobi hyperiond[3874]: BLACKBORDER INFO: threshold set to 0.15 (39)
    ssh in:     Mai 09 17:37:57 raspberrypi-Tobi hyperiond[3874]: BLACKBORDER INFO: mode:default

Meine Config:

Dschogo