Beiträge von Puck

@pclin I do no speak German, but I can understand it a little!

It's a relatively cheap 4k 4:4:4 USB 3.0 Grabber from Amazon. It's connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports on the Raspberry Pi 4. It works with 4K / HDR on 60fps, even on Netflix / Amazon / Disney+ / PS4 Pro. No idea what DHCP version is supported but it works on all my content (so far).

usb-devices gives me

v4l2-ctl --list-ctrls gives me

v4l2-ctl --list-ctrls doesn't return anything

Like I said: it's cheap :P

Ah I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Here's a bit more after:

I did change some settings after so there's unrelated stuff happening.

I've noticed that my LEDS sometimes turn off for a second or 2 and then turn on again. Turned on Debug logging and it gave me the following:

Not sure if this is core Hyperion related or HyperHDR but thought I ask here. I do not have CEC or Signal Detection turned on. Is my grabber/usb connection unstable or something else? It there a way to just ignore this and don't turn off the leds?

Edit: I have now set a neutral color as 'Background Effect/Color" which will make sure LEDs are not turned off, but still now idea why the grabber signal is lost for tiny second.

@Puck Glad it works as intended :)

There is difference in the brightness...unfortunately LUT table is calibrated for the brighter 30FPS.

So I tried the HDR to SDR tonemapping yesterday on a Netflix serie. In the dark scenes it would actually light up the LEDS in green, where I would expect them to be off. Could this be because of this brightness issue since I grab in 60fps, or is this just expected (since it'll never be exactly the same)? I'll try and see if I can generate my own preferred LUT table, but I have no experience with this whatsoever.

Also just switched to this fork after receiving a working USB 3.0 4k 4:4:4 grabber, because I would like to use the HDR-SDR tone-mapping. Speed improvements and more settings are of course also more than welcome. Great work!

I do notice though that (also because I can't set any decimation, so it's always off) the preview in Hyperion is not smooth (full 60fps). Still need to test response time of LEDs a bit better, but it is expected that this preview is not smooth? I can see the LEDS are sometimes a fraction behind but might be a different issue. - Edit: nevermind, LEDs are now supersmooth and unrelated to grabber. Been tweaking too much :p

Code
    [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (DEBUG) (V4L2Grabber.cpp:1027:process_image()) Video FPS: 59.97, av. delay: 6ms, good: 3598, bad: 0 (60.00,15)

Also, is there a way to turn on/off HDR-SDR tone-mapping via (JSON) API? I want to see if I can toggle this automatically based on the content I am watching.

Took a gamble and ordered this relatively cheap 4k 4:4:4 USB 3.0 grabber and it worked instantly. Smooth 60fps and HDR without the use of an EDID Emulator straight from monitor 2 of my Denon. DHCP protected content also works.

Figured this was more worth its money then a splitter/scaler which I can't really use for anything else. Now to fix tone-mapping automatically somehow, but there are several options for that. Thanks for thinking along!

I used this one and it actually works like it should (in the end). It's just the usb grabber that now doesn't get input (with HDR output) not sure of this is related to the EDID Emulator or because of the grabber itself.

I want to give it one more go later tonight, and otherwise I will order the Feintech splitter/scaler if that also works for Netflix and such :)

Edit: The conclusion is: as soon as I sent out 10-bit content, the usb grabber's input is just black. I think it's time to try something else. At least I can now now switch to 10-bit/HDR content, so the EDID Emulator does it's job.

Update: the EDID Emulator DOES work, but only when connected directly to the Receiver monitor, not on the side of the grabber. So now I successfully was able to copy the EDID settings from my TV and Denon now sees both outputs as the same capabilities:

However: I do not get a video signal into the grabber. And when outputting directly to my TV, through the EDID Emulator from monitor 2, my signal flickers, so I do get output but that then drops and appears again continuously. Might still be a flakey EDID Emulator so will try again with another one. There is some hope!

Edit:
    I managed to fix the flickering by redoing EDID settings with another cable and (non ARC) port. The grabber is now also working but ONLY when "4K/8K Signal Format" on the receiver to "Standard", meaning it still won't do HDR. If I change this to "Enhanced" making HDR available (see here), the grabber input stays black. Almost there, but not sure if this can be solved.

Received an EDID Emulator today but appeared to be dead on arrival. Tried with several monitors and cables but didn't seem to flash the lights at all to show it copied the EDID source. Will receive another one later and will post my results.

On another note: I am very impressed by the cheap WisFox Videoaufnahmekarte Videograbber Aufnehmen Übertragungen r. After some tweaking it now grabs at 640x480 at 60fps, making the Ambilight super responsive, even on DHCP protected material like Netflix! Not bad for a 18 euro HDMI USB grabber!