Beiträge von Puck

Strange, perhaps they've changed the way it works on the 700s but it's still worded the same way in the 500 manuals.

What do you get for the below under 'Information' when set to Monitor 1? On mine 1 and 2 say the same thing and when set to Auto, Monitor 2 changes to the grabbers info.

With "Monitor 1"

With "Auto (Dual)"

However, even though it does show HDR/DV/HLG, my Nvidia Shield now reports the attached monitor(s) don't support HDR, so I can't play any of that content.

@Biggles
    What happens when you play an HDCP signal?

Normally you shouldn't get a picture with either monitor.
    That should actually only work with FeinTech Splitter/Matrix or HDFury.

Regards pclin

Well this is why I am excited: it does work for me on Netflix / Amazon / Etc through my Nvidia Shield. Just no HDR yet :) Thinking of trying something like this, since it's not too expensive:

As per above post, set HDMI Video Output to Montior 1, see page below for details, which your TV should be connected to and connect the grabber to Monitor 2. The source will only negotiate with the TV so keeps the HDR and then pushes the same signal out of Monitor 2 ignoring what it would report as it's capabilities.

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2700H/NA/EN/GFNFSYmlxuhedk.php

So if I set HDMI Video Output to Monitor 1 instead of "Auto (Dual)" Monitor 2 just doesn't output anything: Hyperion gets a black screen as input (even on non HDR content). Setting it to "Auto (Dual)" works again, but no HDR on both outputs. So I am not sure how this works for you.

I have the same challenge, using monitor out of my Denon X3700H connected to the cheap while keeping HDR capabilities on the main screen. I understand this is probably not possible, but I'm curious what exactly you mean by "forcing it to use the handshake from one output under HDMI Video Output" @Biggles, because I can't find any settings on the Denon to do so.

I have read most of the posts in this thread about the ezcap269 capture card, and I'm interested in getting one to use with my Nvidia Shield and LG OLED TV, but I'm still not sure if it supports watching DRM content (Netflix, Amazon, etcetera) with Ambilight in 4K HDR 60hz, without issues (and without any other type of hardware). @MartijnGP where you able to find a solution for your issues?

Hyperion Android Grabber grabs everything: main menu and all apps, but DRM protected content like Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ e.a. return a black screen so no ambilight there. But it works for Kodi, Plex, Youtube, Twitch. Basically everything without DRM. Even 4K HDR.

For it to work nicely with Hyperion.ng you need to adjust the message priority, which has a wrong value on install (needs to be between 100 - 250 I believe). My Hyperion Protobuf Port is set to 19445 and Message Priority is 100. Then it works!

Small update on my setup btw: I am now using an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) as my main media player, which uses the Hyperion Android Grabber to send screendata to a Raspberry Pi 2 running Hyperion and with the WLED connected over USB. Works incredibly well, and can now watch 4K HDR with Ambilight.

Next step is to replace by 8 year old receiver with one that has a HDMI monitor and then also use a HDMI grabber for apps with DRM (Netflix and the likes). Hope to do that end of the year.

I failed to see the automation the first time around :). Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit. So I too Moved to usb adalight for streaming some time ago but even with hyperion disabled adalight is always connected to the wled instance. When I override the instance I have no ability to power off the light. Do you also have this experience or have you moved back to UDP?. I've had some issue using UDP also and I cannot get it connected over raw UDP. Perhaps you could share your. Configuration page in sync settings (wled app) for your ambilight?

Still using USB Adalight and I can toggle the override with the code mentioned above. WLED then switches to it's own UI and I can change the lights or toggle WLED on/off. I can even just toggle WLED off/on when receiving data from Hyperion so not sure what's going wrong on your side. I can share my config later when I'm back home again.

Hey Paul, you literally just quoted the automation I used in Home Assistant to toggle Hyperion on/off. I do not use it anymore though, since I now toggle UDP control directly in WLED which is a lot faster:

Code
    - platform: rest
      name: wled_udp
      resource: http://192.168.0.50/json/state
      body_on: '{"lor": 0}'
      body_off: '{"lor": 1}'
      is_on_template: '{{value_json.lor == 0}}'
      headers:
        Content-Type: application/json

So from what I understand there is no solution yet for proper running 4k content with Hyperion through software grabbing? It works perfectly for all my content 1080p or lower, even streaming services like Netflix. But I have some 4k content and would of course love to turn on Hyperion when watching that.

However I also get the HDMI signal drops and green LEDs and so far nothing I've read and done have fully fixed this. Is this a known limitation and is it being worked on? Or are there no plans to support 4k properly (on a Pi 4) using software grabbing?