Beiträge von Happytodd

Thanks for the help there Lighting-guy77,

I ended up buying a Pi 3B+ rather than using my Pi 3B, still wasn't working. My problem ended up being a bad LED at the start which in turn caused issues with the rest of the strip, I found this out by using a different segment and soldering new cables to it.

Now that my lights are syncing, I now have another issue that has arised:

All preset colour modes look great, however when I have HyperBian set to Capture Card my LED's are dull in colour. When I have bright red on the tv that Capture Card preview in HyperBian sees it as almost a brown colour and therefore the LED's are an off white. This happens when every colour is set, I cannot get any bright vibrant colours when I have it set to Capture Card.

Hi,

I've spent the last two nights trying to setup my Hyperion for the first time, troubleshoot my LED's and I'm at a loss what could possibly be wrong.

What I have:

• Raspberry Pi 3B+ flashed with HyperBian
    • 5V/10A Power Adapter
    • USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture Card
    • WS2812B LED Strip 60led/m

I have wired common grounds between the Pi3 and the LED Strip, and I have the signal wire to GPIO 18 on the Pi as per a lot of Youtube tutorials recently. I can access Hyperion through a web browser and go through the configuration settings, which to my understanding is all correct. I am even able to view the Capture Video feed, but I can not for the life of me get any LED's to light up, even if I go to the "Remote Controller" tab.

The only conclusion I can come up with is because GPIO 18 only outputs 3.3v whereas I need 5v through the signal wire, but again all Youtube videos recently said it should work nonetheless.