Beiträge von jonaspaulo

Hi,

I am trying to start /stop the instance 0 (Led Hardware) through HTTP in order to simulate the behaviour of clicking here in the WEB UI:

I thought this API Call did the same or not?

So I followed the guide: https://docs.hyperion-project.org/en/json/#http-s-json and https://docs.hyperion-project.…ol.html#control-instances

And it doesn't seem to work (Example of the POST request attached). I get a HTTP 200 but the LED Instance doesn't turn off.
    If I try with startInstance subcommand at least I get something on the logs (of course it is already started):

Code
    Aug 31 18:32:49 raspberrypi hyperiond[1944]: 2020-08-31T18:32:49.606 hyperiond HTTPJSONRPC  : <DEBUG> JsonAPI.cpp:107:handleInstanceSwitch() | Client '::ffff:X.X.X.X' switch to Hyperion instance 0
    Aug 31 18:32:49 raspberrypi hyperiond[1944]: 2020-08-31T18:32:49.654 hyperiond HYPERION     : <DEBUG> HyperionIManager.cpp:109:startInstance() | Can't start Hyperion instance index '0' with name 'First LED Hardware instance' it's already running or queued for start

Although If I try to start it with the Instance on a OFF state it also doesn't work.

If I try to set the color for example it works

P.S. Running the latest beta (Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.7-Linux-armv6l.deb) on Rhassbian RPI3

Thanks

Hi,

Finally I got it working with your tips. Indeed my HDMI2AV grabber only provides the correct colours with the physical switch set to NTSC. I just rebooted the whole setup and also set Hyperion to NTSC and it did the trick.

Some final doubts/advices:

1- I have attached my final config. Do you see any option that could be improved form your knowledge?
    2- The Signal Detection setting doesn’t seem to be working ok for me. It detects the loss of signal but instead of turning the LEDs of it sets them to a Blue Color. It would be great if it just turns them off.
    3- How to control Hyperion.ng from Home Assistant for example? The Hyperion has an integration for this but the NG version I don’t think so. Which is the easiest way to control it remotely (by sending some call or script to Hyperion IP for instance) in order to turn it off/on and set a color/effect?
    4- On the Releases part as I mentioned earlier Alpha 5 for me just threw an Illegal Operation message when trying to install it. Is there any reason for this? Should I wait for alpha 6? And also due to my method of install (just dpkg -i the package) which is the best/recommended approach to upgrade hyperion.ng and rollback the version also?

Also I have ordered another USB grabber with HDMI input (Nsendato UTVF007 USB2.0 To HDMI ) to try to get rid of HDMI2AV which I read somewhere it should work on hyperion.ng. I will report back if it does work ok!

Thanks once again.

Hi,

I have tried setting the HDMI2AV to NTSC as well as hyperion config. For sure it gives other colours but not the right ones still.
    And also I lose the live video preview on Hyperion WEB when I set it to NTSC

After removing Hyperion through Hypercon and following the steps to Install Hyperion.ng as on the thread described i get this when starting it:
    pi@raspberrypi:/storage/downloads/Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.5-Linux-armv7hf/bin $ sudo ./hyperiond
    Illegal instruction

Also trying the method of downloading the alpha5.deb and installing it manually yelds the same Illegal instruction result.

*NEW UPDATE* There is some issue with the R5 on rpimodel3 b+ and latest raspbian. I followed the method below for R4 and it installed ok:
    wget https://github.com/hyperion-pr…a.4-Linux-armv6hf-rpi.deb
    sudo dpkg -i Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.4-Linux-armv6hf-rpi.deb

Now I will try to configure it and test again the screen capture and overall system behaviour

None at all , just followed the guide on the forum and in fact that was my next question., whether I should install NG.
    Taking in account my current setup with rpi3 and raspbian and provisioned Hyperion with Hypercon, which is the best upgrade/migration path?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Just tried with your settings.
    Tried again to take a screen grab from Hypercon which still crashes hyperion everytime but sometimes I get the screen grab on Hypercon displayed:

Still bars across the image and mostly black and white.
    Thanks!

Hi,

I am running Hyperion (installed through latest Hypercon) on a rpi3 model b+ (running raspbian buster) and APA102 LEDs directly connected to the rpi.
    For the USB Grabber I have an Easycap (model Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP] but also tested with a Syntek one).
    On both grabbers I have a weak image quality as you can see on the pic attached (that I had to grab with the command below due to the crash on Hypercon reported below):

Code
    hyperion-v4l2 -d /dev/video0 -v PAL --input 1 --width 720 --height 576 -s 2 -f 2 --skip-reply --screenshot

Since I have tried two grabbers (although they can be both faulty but at least the Syntek one was ok when I used it for some VCR recording) what can be the issue?
    From my perspective the HDMI2AV can be faulty and I have already ordered a new one. But on the software side can something be wrong also?

Also another issue is that if I try to right click on Hypercon and try to Take Grabber Screenshot Hyperion crashes with the following log:

Code
    sh in:     May 18 18:08:49 raspberrypi hyperiond[4449]: INFO: Application closed with code 0
    ssh in:     May 18 18:08:49 raspberrypi hyperiond[4449]: V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped
    ssh in:     May 18 18:08:49 raspberrypi hyperiond[4449]: EFFECTENGINE INFO: Cleaning up Python interpreter
    ssh in:     May 18 18:08:49 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopping Hyperion Systemd service...
    ssh in:     May 18 18:08:50 raspberrypi systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Succeeded.
    ssh in:     May 18 18:08:50 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopped Hyperion Systemd service.

Full Start log:

My Hyperion Config is attached.

Thanks for the help!