Beiträge von Ted

Hi Lordgrey,

I did some testing and using the brightness with API already helps, only thing is I set the (apa102) brightness level to 5. Otherwise the leds are still too bright when I dim it to 1%. The only problem is that I cannot use the leds at full brightness anymore.

I know there are some LED controller that automatically set the APA102 'brightness level' to get a better dimming curve (12 bit instead of 8 bit).

For example:

input signaloutput signal
    100%brightness level: 31 + output level: 255
    50%brightness level: 16 + output level: 126
    1%brightness level: 1 + output level: 1

Is this interesting to implement? Thus you set the brigthness level to 'auto'.

Thank you for the quick response.

By setting the max level brightness you will get less dimming steps (256), right?

For example, by putting the brightness on 50% will have only 128 steps to dim.

This is why I want set the brightness level dynamically of the apa102, so you keep the 256 dimming steps at all times.

Is this hard to create in the API? I'm willing to pay for it, if it helps. Or maybe I can help you with some frontend development?

Hi,

I love the new feature at alpha 12 that it possible to set the global brightness level of the apa102.

I was wondering if it is possible to set the brightness level (value 0-31) of the apa102 with the api? If so, what command can I use for this?

Regards, Ted

Hoi,

Met enige moeite heb ik net Hyperion NG geinstalleerd op mijn Raspberry Pi 4. Ik heb een aantal vraagjes hierover:

Als ik een HDMI scherm aan mijn Raspberry Pi aansluit wordt het scherm na het opstarten zwart. Klopt dit wel?
    Ik kan vervolgens wel via een andere computer naar de webinterface van Hyperion NG en daar de instellingen doen.

Dan mijn echte vraag:
    Ik wil graag op mijn Raspberry Pi een webpagina openen en dit als input gaan gebruiken (screen capture van Raspberry Pi) van de LEDs. Ik heb het voel dat het alleen mogelijk is om met de Hyperion NG een USB capture card te gebruiken of een effect te generen binnen de hyperion NG interface. Weet iemand misschien of het wel mogelijk is om een screen capture te doen?

Alvast bedankt,

Groeten,

Ted