Beiträge von teeedubb

Thanks Akriss

Does anyone have any pointers on how I can configure unicolour mode to sample the whole screen to prevent the jitter when using unicolour mode?

Also, if anyone wants to replicate the issue, the first few minutes of stranger things s2e1 display it.

That makes sense and is probably what is happening - I assumed it was sampling the whole screen.

With my previous setup, I used boblight on x86 hardware and I has a config which where each LED would sample the whole screen and via this I achieved a unicolour mode which didnt display the jitter, but this method is too taxing for a RPi3.

I wonder if its possible to configure Hyperion to sample the whole screen once and send that one colour to all LEDs - this would use less CPU time and give a smoother output from the LEDs.

EDIT:
    Is it possible to edit the values in this block to force uniclour mode to sample the whole screen?
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…v4l2/V4L2Grabber.cpp#L193

Hi,

I have noticed that when using unicolour mode that the light coming off the LEDs is very jittery, its like a flicker. This will even happen when there is very little movement/change in the video - eg when someone is talking the lights change, albeit very slightly, but enough to notice. This doesnt happen when using multi colour mode.

I've uploaded some videos of it happening, but I'm not sure if its visible:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

(when the man is talking)

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

(when the woman in red is talking)

(when the woman is laughing)

Hyperion config:
    http://paste.debian.net/986202/

Hyperion log:
    http://paste.debian.net/986203/

Thanks for reading!

I was in the same boat as you guys... HDMI 2.0 setup but the lightberry is HDMI1.4. I ended up getting a HDfury integral (splitter w/ edid management) and HDfury linker (4k > 1080p scaler). Pricey but it saved me from buying a new AVR (its only 1.4 too).
    Setup now is:
    PC > integral > tv
    [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]> linker > cec adapter > avr > lightberry > tv[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

Work well, even if it is a little convoluted. Backlighting works and I still get HD audio sent to AVR plus 4k60 sent to TV.

Thanks guys, installed it and its working great. unicolour feature works well too.

@redPanther One question, is it possible to make this feature work with the kodi addon (which uses the UDPLISTNER input)? Toggling unicolor_mean when the kodi addon is active has no effect. Work wonderfully with the v4l grabber.

Thanks for this PR

Hi All,

First off I'm really enjoying hyperion so far - finally I can have my LED lights work reliably with games and emulators without any side effects.

One thing I am struggling to setup is a config for a 'one colour' hyperion like I had with boblight. With this config all the lights would light up the same colour based on what the average was across the whole screen - I found it much better for slower movies and shows. I have a hyperion.config.json which acheives this, but because ever LED is sampling the whole screen it maxes out the pi's cpu which causes hyperion to lag or not react. Below is a snippet from my config file:

Code
    {
      "index" : 137,
      "hscan" : { "minimum" : 0.0000, "maximum" : 1.0000 },
      "vscan" : { "minimum" : 0.0000, "maximum" : 1.0000 }
      }

My hardware is 138 WS2801 LED's, a RPi 3 and using the V4L grabber (via a lightberry HD) and Kodi addon.

Any ideas on how I can achieve a 'one colour' backlight without over taxing the RPi 3?