Beiträge von Meph88

Cool.
    Ok.
    I don't expect you to take the time to walk me through every step and tell me how to put the system in debug mode.
    What would be really helpful is if you could direct me to some sort of resource that shows options such as debug mode and how to use it.
    I mean, there must be some set of at least basic instructions for that sort of stuff somewhere right?

Great tip about deleting the configuration database, maybe where that is so I can find it and delete it would also be available as a resource somewhere?

what do you expect now from us? serious question...

Yeah, fair question.
    Well, I like your software, I really want to use it, and I am looking for any push in the right direction or any help that might get me to the goal of having this software run and do its job.

Please understand, I'm not a coder by trade, I am learning new skills, I am exploring the power of home automation, and this is a really good project and I'm learning a lot trying to make it work, but there comes a point where I reach the limit of my technical ability in a program that I am not an expert in, so I headed to the forum to see if someone more experienced could guide me closer to my goal of getting this cool software running smoothly in my home.

That's all.

The issue I'm having is like this:

I install raspberry pi OS lite, I install hyperion, I configure hyperion, it works, I make a change to the hyperion configuration to improve the experience, the connection is lost, it does not come back no matter how long I wait, I reset my raspberry pi, the pi starts up, hyperion is not reachable at the url I was using to access it previously.

The only thing I can do to make it work again is reflash the SD card and start all over.

It's driving me crazy, I'm just trying to change settings to reduce lag and get the best overall experience.
    I have reflashed about 20 times now, it is getting old, please help me figure out what's going wrong.

Hey again,
    So this was running fine for a while, and then I rebooted my raspberry pi.
    After that, the behaviour is the same as my previous experience.
    Literally it was working fine, I performed a "sudo reboot", now hyperion does not connect to wled and but if I disable the hyperion instance the leds turn off and turn back on if I enable the instance again.
    So yeah, wondering if there might be any suggestions that can help here.

EDIT: Started working again after a while.

I am wondering if anyone has achieved this or know if it would be possible.
    I have a pi in my AV cupboard (well, drawer really) and it sends signals wirelessly to my wled install on a nodemcu behind my TV, which drives my leds.

I would like to install another strip of leds under my entertainment unit that also syncs the colours to the same as the bottom part of my TV.

I considered driving the leds on the TV with the pi directly (move it to behind the TV), and using wled to drive the leds under the entertainment unit, but I'd prefer to drive both sets of leds with wled as I use Home Assistant and want to be able to control both sets of leds directly from Home Assistant for ambient lighting when the TV is inactive.

If anyone knows a way or can think of a way to achieve this, that would be awesome.

Hey,

I am hoping to get some recommended settings.

I am running Hyperion on a raspberry pi model B+, then it controls a nodemcu running wled to control my lights.

It works fairly well except there is about a 3 second delay between the colours changing on screen and the leds updating.

I have changed a number of settings but can't get it any better than this.
    I turned off smoothing but that made the leds choppy and distracting.

So, I'd like to know what things I should change and to what, anything that may improve the experience.
    I have set the resolution very low, I have played with other things but I don't understand all of the settings and I am not sure which things actually help my situation.

I also have a brand new Raspberry Pi 4 2GB, I am wondering if it would likely improve the experience at all to run hyperion on the newer more powerful Raspberry Pi.

One more thing, my TV is in total around 4 meters around the edges, I opted for WS2812b as my leds, and I got 144 leds per meter so I can make it really bright, but is that overkill, will having so many leds just serve to slow down and diminish my experience without adding any real benefits?

you can lower the grabbed frame size and resolution, and play a little bit with the smoothing options

Awesome, I commend you on an awesome piece of software and amazing support.
    I really wanted to say thanks so i have made a small donation to you.
    I look forward to many hours of enhanced TV watching and gaming.
    Just gotta solder my LEDs and attach them to the TV......

I will try updating when a newer release comes out and see how it goes, for now I'll stick with alpha6.

to be sure, you are using alpha7 right? could you recheck if alpha6 works...

I installed alpha6, used UDPRAW, and it is working.

There is a little lag, I've been playing with some settings to reduce the lag, it is running on an older pi, a model 2, would upgrading my hardware to a more powerful Raspberry Pi help reduce lag at all?

@Meph88 If I got your initial post correctly, it seems that the WLED device works correctly.
    The WLED is turned off and on and streaming of data seems to happen.
    -> Either the input to the device is wrong (which the grabber problem might indicate) or the WLED is not configured correctly.
    I suggest disabling the grabber, but run an effect.
    Given a bug in Alpha7, I currently do not recommend testing with a static color until the bug is fixed.

Thanks for your response.
    I was already running it with platform capture disabled and with that configuration the active/inactive thing was happening.

I have tried running an effect as an "effect test" but nothing happened.
    I have downloaded the phone app to control the colour and it has not worked.
    I had considered that perhaps the video input isn't working, I have tried with platform capture and there is no response of the LEDs, with HDMI capture, there is no response, I know the capture device is working, perhaps Hyperion needs to be configured to use that specific capture device? But I don't know how to do that.
    I am using the exact same HDMI capture device that Drzzs used in his setup video and he did not appear to need to configure that at all.

It appears to very quickly switch between active and inactive.
    Not sure if that is an expected behaviour or not, it loiks like this:

2020-07-26T16:43:50.871 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

2020-07-26T16:43:52.225 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now inactive

2020-07-26T16:43:52.294 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

2020-07-26T16:43:53.250 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now inactive

2020-07-26T16:43:53.700 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

2020-07-26T16:43:55.857 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now inactive

2020-07-26T16:43:56.509 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

2020-07-26T16:43:57.568 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now inactive

2020-07-26T16:43:58.357 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

2020-07-26T16:43:59.317 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now inactive

2020-07-26T16:44:01.571 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

2020-07-26T16:44:02.628 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now inactive

2020-07-26T16:44:03.388 hyperiond HYPERION : <DEBUG> PriorityMuxer.cpp:238:setInputImage() | Priority 240 is now active

you are n the right way, but it was my fault, i forget a letter, it is "hyperiond -d"

Got it, this was the output:

pi@tv-pi:~ $ hyperiond -d

2020-07-26T16:03:06.102 hyperiond MAIN : <ERROR> The Hyperion Daemon is already running, abort start

Did you want me to kill the service in some way and then start it with this command?

can you start hyperion from the console with "hyperion -d"

@Backebe crosspostings und dann noch in ner anderen sprache, genau mein ding... bringt uns alle weiter

I'm still relatively new to console so I'm sure I missed an obvious step here, but this is what I did and the result I got:

pi@tv-pi:~ $ hyperion -d

-bash: hyperion: command not found

Dragonball Z > rest

Could you provide some more infos? Config, logs etc...

Appreciate the vote for DBZ, I was leaning that way, I think that has sealed it.

I would be very happy to provide any information that would be helpful, however, I would also appreciate a point in the right direction of what I can provide and where I can get that info.
    This system is new to me and I haven't yet discovered all of it.

I recently wanted to create bias lighting for my TV and a short time later found out about Hyperion.
    I got all the parts I would need for the project and got to it.

My setup is like this:
    - Raspberry Pi B+ running the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS Lite, it connects to the network via Wifi (this has been setup with only Hyperion and nothing else extra has been installed at all)
    - HDMI capture device with HDMI throughput to the TV and USB output connected directly to the Raspberry Pi (I plugged it into my laptop to confirm it is capturing video and passing it to the USB)
    - NodeMCU ESP8266 running WLED
    - 5V 30A DC power supply unit
    - WS2812b LEDs

What I did was this:
    - Installed Raspberry Pi OS onto an SD card, installed in Pi, configured, installed Hyperion
    - Installed WLED on my NodeMCU and connected it to wifi and to the LEDs (also connected to Home Assistant)
    - Connected HDMI capture device to Raspberry Pi
    - Configured Hyperion selecting wled as the LED hardware and gave it the static IP of my NodeMCU running wled

At this point I expected things to work, but, they didn't.
    There is some limited connectivity and interaction, let me explain;
    - When I first configure Hyperion, if I visit the WLED web interface I see an overlay saying it is getting commands from an IP (the IP of my Pi) (This only happens at first configuration and only for a short time, the LEDs do not do anything to show they are getting any commands from Hyperion, they simply stay as they are) (I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hyperion and have also tried on 3 different Raspberry Pis)
    - If I disable the instance in the Hyperion web interface, the LEDs turn off, if I enable the instance the LEDs turn on.

And that is it, that's all the control I have.

I am hoping someone experienced with this obviously great piece of software could help me figure out what's going wrong or what I'm doing wrong, I am super keen to get sweet lighting around my TV, then settle down to watch (Either Avengers or Dragonball Z, I haven't decided yet, opinions/suggestions welcome, haha).