Beiträge von RPK

After playing around with the settings some more, I think I got it to an acceptable level. I ended up manually setting the USB capture settings and changing the device resolution from 1920x1080 to 1024x768. It still has good color detail, but I'm assuming it lowered the processing required to grab the colors from the video signal.

I just finished the initial implementation of my setup and I'm trying to fine tune some of the settings, but I can't seem to get rid of a 0.5-1s delay between the tv updating and the LED updating. I've adjusted the smoothing settings every-which way and adjusted the LED baud rate without success. I'm not sure if this is a hardware limitation or a software one. My setup includes the following:

• Raspberry Pi Zero (I've also tried a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
    • 244 SK6812 LEDs
    • capture card
    • Splitter

Any help would be appreciated, even if I can reduce the lag and not get rid of it.

Thanks,

Rob

I don't know what I did, but they started working. I changed the config to `ws2812spi` and then back to `sk6812spi` and that seemed to kick it into gear.

The config that ended up working was:

I'll keep an eye on it moving forward and post back here if I encounter any more issues.

Unfortunately, that did not work. I have added the line to the `/boot/cmdline.txt` file as well as setting the core_freq to 250MHz, and the lights are still bright white and don't respond to any commands that are sent through the hyperion.ng interface.

3000000 is what it defaulted to when I selected sk6812.

The results of the spidev_test are as follows:

I recently purchased a 5m strand of SK6812 LEDs, and I'm having issues getting it running with Hyperion.ng.

I have the strip connected to a 5V 10A power supply and I've tried a few pins on the GPIO pins for the data line, but I can't get the light strip to do anything but light up white. I've tried running this from both a Pi Zero and a Pi 3 Model B with the same results.

I feel like I'm missing something easy, but I can't figure it out.

The device settings are as follows:

Anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Hello all,

I am currently working on a prototype to add bias lighting to one of my televisions, and if all goes well, a template to build more bias lighting systems based on it. I'm looking to keep everything pretty well contained, and I'm having some trouble figuring out the power needs. Ideally I'd like to have just one power source to power the whole setup. Here is what I am planning on running as far as equipment goes:

• Raspberry Pi Zero W (or Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
    • ~3m SK6812 LED Light Strip (180 LEDs)
    • Micro USB to Female USB-A
    • 4k HDMI Splitter
    • 4k HDMI to USB video capture device

It looks like the Pi Zero draws ~120-160 mA at ~5V. According to the website I purchased the LEDs from, they use 18W per meter, so with a 5V power supply that'd be 3.6A per meter. From what I can tell, the 4k HDMI splitter requires a power supply of 5V/1A. I'm not sure what kind of power requirements the USB capture device has.

I'm currently testing with a 5V/10A power supply, but I have a feeling that isn't enough to power all these devices.

I'm relatively new to the whole power calculation thing, so I'd appreciate if anyone had any insight into how I could go about powering this system with a single power supply.

My end goal is to put this into a small project box with the ports cut out of the side and stick it to the back of the television.

Also, small side question. Would it be beneficial to connect power to both ends of the LED strip as they meet at the same point, or do you think there is enough power to not lose too much voltage across 3m?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Rob