Beiträge von AirZeee

Ok, so just turned on, LED’S first, then everything else & ipad for hyperion web UI & real time example, only to find the LED’s working correctly (still with the delay, but i’ll work on that). Partly solved, somehow...

Hey,
    I’m simply trying to watch a 4k image, with LEDs matching the display with reasonable refresh rate.
    My AV receiver (Denon AVRX3600) has dual output for the main channel, so no need for a splitter. Of those, output 1 is coming from, and sending out a 4k signal from a Sky TV box (satellite TV, like cable?), and because the outputs are resolution matched, output 2 is also a 4k signal.
    with that signal set to 4k, i get no output from the LEDs, when I drop it to 1080p, or use another non 4k source, the system works just fine.

Strange, that grabber is supposed to accept 4k input and output a 1080 signal, which should work for the pi.
    I don't understand why you have to input 1080 in order for it to work...

i don’t understand it either, but once i downgrade the input from the SkyQ box to 1080p, or load a bluray disc the led’s work as intended.
    think I’ll look into a pi4 & 4k loop through usb grabber

Hi,
    RPi + Hyperion alpha build 7.

Using these and this , with this , I experience a laggy/delayed LED update (222 LED’S), not huge but long enough to be distracting and noticeable. Also, i have to downgrade my image source to 1080p to receive any LED output at all.

1) any ideas how to reduce the delay? How/Would adding in an Arduino help?
    2) any suggestions for the 4k source problem? Having to downgrade the source is inconvenient (and makes the project hard to justify to the “boss” ;) as we have a 4k source & 4k TV)

thanks in anticipation for any support for this Noob

Trying to do the same too:

I currently have this , which claims to accept a 4K input, however in practice I’ve had to downgrade my SkyTV output to 1080p to the grabber for the Rpi3 to pick it up. This renders the Ambilight mostly pointless as we have a 4k TV.

so need a 4k signal in to the grabber, and possibly the Rpi.

I've tested this USB grabber with my setup of Rpi 3B+ with HyperBian alpha7 and it works great. The advantage of this device is that is has an internal HDMI loop so it eliminates the need for an HDMI splitter. Less parts is less clutter, right?

It is powered solely by the USB port's 5V, unlike other USB grabbers that can utilize the 12V from HDMI. Also, unlike the term 'loop' might suggest, as soon as USB power is removed, the HDMI connection is lost.

Hi Refthoom, regarding the USB Grabber you linked, can you advise if the USB output is a 4k signal, and to your knowledge does the Rpi3 have any USB3 ports - i’m thinking not.
    I currently have this , which claims to accept a 4K input, however in practice I’ve had to downgrade my SkyTV output to 1080p to the grabber for the Rpi3 to pick it up. This renders the Ambilight mostly pointless as we have a 4k TV ‍♂️
    Thanks!