Beiträge von vinman1000

I am running Hyperbian and have RPi3 wth WS2812 LEDs and a logic level shifter. I had pretty bad flickering. I did have everything on the same ground, i.e.: the LED strip, level shifter, and RPi were all grounded together but I still had flickering.

I decided to try adding multiple grounds from the RPi to the common ground plane and it stopped my flickering!

I have 3 grounds from the RPi to the ground plane. RPI pins 14, 34, and 39 all go to the LED strip ground as well as the level shifter ground.

I hope this helps someone else with flickering issues!

Now if I could get rid of the 0.7 sec delay...

-Vin

I forgot to mention that I do have a common ground between both the RPI and APA102. I also tried powering 5V to the RPI from my main power supply but had the same result.

I don't have the arduino in my setup. I just used it to test the APA102s to make sure they work correctly as a troubleshooting step.

I have a RPI3, APA102 LEDs, video capture card and 10 Amp power supply. Video capture works and I can see video when clicking the "monitor" button in Hyperion's upper righthand corner. Using 2020-09-014-HyperBian-lite.

The LEDs are wired with a logic converter per this diagram:

I also tried it without the logic converter for simplification.

In Hyperion>Configuration>LED Hardware>LED Controller>Controller type: is set to apa102. Hardware LED count set to 150.
    In Hyperion>Configuration>LED Hardware>LED Layout: I have Top: 50, Bottom: 50, Left: 25, Right: 25. for my layout.

I also have dtparam=-spi=on in /boot/config.txt. It is not REM'd out and was like this by default.

I know Hyperion work because I can get it working with WS2812 LEDs and Arduino. I have flicker with this setup so want to change to APA102s.

I tested the 102s with an Arduino sketch and they work just fine.

Can anyone tell me what I could be missing for the APA102 setup?

Thanks!