Beiträge von Angrysalad

I dont think the chrome addon will work. At least other addons didnt work on chromium since the NPAPI interface is removed. I think i tested Vysor too.

When i get home from work later this week i'll try capturing the screen trough ADB with the internal screengrabber as sugested earlier in this thread. With this no addon is needed and i think we can set the resolution and framerate via the command line. This will require the shield to be connected to the rpi with usb.

I'm using mirrorgo at the moment. It's the first one that i found that would display the mirror on full screen, low resolution/low latency. But its subscrition based so it costs money. Right now i'm looking for an alternative that is fast, free and has a linux/web client so that i can mirror the image directly to my rpi running raspbian with hyperion.

Oh, and sorry, no netflix with vnc. Video just show up black on the client. Not sure about amazon prime.

It should work if you disable HW acceleration. (mediacodec (surface)).

Yes that is the way im doing it now. Its not ideal. I had to turn on "true motion" on tv to compensate for the few extra ms of latency it gives me on the lights.

Does this means hyperion add-on for Kodi/SPMC would never work on the Shield? (Kodi/SPMC running on the shield, with the add-on and hyperion running on a RPi2 driving the leds)?

The hyperion addon works but not with hardware acceleration and not in menus. With the VNC solution i get ambilight in all android apps including netflix and games.

VNC should work. The workaround i use now for ambilight on my shield is to mirror the screen to my pc via mirrorgo. Then use the windows screencapture app to send the colordata to the pi.

Would love to have an app that sent the colordata directly to the server.