Posts by Lighting-guy77

I have Monitor1 on the AVR going to the TV, and Monitor2 going to the capture card.

some receivers ( with me was the same) are only equiped for HDMI main OUT signals on port one, HDMI sub OUT is a kind of dubbed HDMI signal which can be altered into a straight clone/or sub or double sub HDMI out on port 2.

which setting i used, it didn't make any diffrence, spend hours on it.......the ports MAIN and SUB with me are NOT equiped for simultaniously HDMI output when EDID has been asked by the connected device.

it just doesn't work.

what works is a good quality splitter which has no problem with CEC/HDCP and EDID connected to MAIN HDMI out :)

now no problems anymore, e-ARC i solved in a diffrent matter.

i think you forgot the first thing from Mike72

is SPI enabled in config.txt and is leddevice running?

dtparam=spi=on

• 4 volts is too low, so or PSU is giving out to low voltage or multimeter gives out wrong voltage ( very cheap meters can do this, not calibrated)
    • you connect the ledstrip at beginning and end on SAME PSU, just connect 2 5volts ( VCC) to +5 volts, and 2 grounds (GND) to minus/GND/ground of PSU >> dont forget the PI, connect at least 2 GND pins also!
    • That barreljackconnector is only suitable for lets say 3 Amps, if you run more trough it chances is that there willl be a powerdrop and current can not flow freely, with other words "they are shit and not suitable for hig currents"
    • watch datadirection on ledstrip, arrow has to go AWAY from the connection pins on the PI

remove the barreljackconnector is my STRONG advice, and solder al joints or use electricclamps

connect the ledstrip at both sides (beginning/end) on VCC/GND

What kind of behavior would the lights be exhibiting if they were not getting enough power or the wires aren't thick enough?

the one that you are describing, volts will drop> currents can not flow freely. Ledstrip respond weird and voltage will be too low.

first check and fix all this before we go on into helpdesking and troubleshoot this problem.

advice is to remove the barreljack connector and instead use electrics clamps or solder the joints, reason is because of resistance barreljack connector gets hot, less current can flow voltage will drop.

• Make sure gauge of wire used is enough, you can make a calculation about the thickness/gauge AWG18 is not thick enough for 300 led feed.
    • make sure you save the ledconfigurationpage correctly so the leds will be there in the Json file.
    • Make sure grounding (GND) is connected to PI gnd pins/PSU gnd/ledstrip

and also power the ledstrip from BOTH sides, so beginning and end needs +5volts on VCC and GND on GND

little note to add;

he was right and because of one weird reason the spaces where there, ........ anyway

i have a few pointers.

Restart=on-failure

RestartSec=2

when you want the Hyperion service to shut off but want to still use your PI because you want to do an installation or whatever,

then you can terminate the function of restart.

just add =off behind the line Restart on failure, (on-failure becomes off)

if you want that Hyperion waits with rebooting then extend time only in line RestartSec=digit :)

i have a step to step plan how i have it myself.

automatic startup of Hyperion.NG

With the following command (under Putty) you create a new file called hyperion.service under / lib / systemd / system /

Code in terminal:

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/hyperion.service

... and insert the following content.

[Unit]

Description = Hyperion ambient light systemd service

Na = network.target

[Maintenance]

ExecStart = / usr / local / bin / hyperiond

WorkingDirectory = / usr / local / share / hyperion / bin

User = pi

TimeoutStopSec = 5

KillMode = mixed

Restart = on failure

RestartSec = 2

[To install]

WantedBy = multi-user.target

edit: don't forget to save (enter and Ctrl + o) and exit (Ctrl + x) from nano.

Finally, restart the systemd service and activate / start the Hyperion.NG service.

Code:

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl enable hyperion.service

sudo systemctl starts hyperion.service

hello!

i have a few tips, check the voltage on the PSU under load should not exceed 5.0 volts or drop under 4.99 volts

For PWM, GPIO 18 put in config.txt file the following line

dtparam=audio=off

i can see in the log the PWM ledcontroller is running.

check in remote control section if leddevice is running also, just to be shure

Pi1 model B ?

maybe its time to use something with more power, Pi1 is not powerfull to extract and rendering images from live video feed in high res.

MS2100E is from Macro Silicon manufacturer, it should work fine as the STK1160

i would recommend to level up to at least PI3b ( quadcore) or even the Pi4 ( most expensive)

if you do it thats your own choise ofcourse.

so nothing spectaculair,

recommended settings sk9812 RGBW ledstrip;

• running SPI ledcontroller, device 0 SPI 0
    • GPIO 10
    • baudrate quite high 5900000
    • no levelsifter needed
    • white algorythm, white colour is OFF

at least something should be showing up in dmesg when i plug it in, right?

yes you can try this>> in terminal/ssh with screen connected or VNC activated

sudo apt-get install mplayer

then,

sudo mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video0 -hardframedrop

if the capturing device is working then u should see ( if its device 0 ) the capturing image :)

the leds that are not programmed in Hyperion.NG waiting for a signal, thats why they are white.

thats the basic "colour"

if you really want to have the leds of from 193 pixels then i would say yes there's a way without cutting.

remove led 194 and see if that works, depends on the schematics how the strip is build.