Posts by Lighting-guy77

if you are sure in the hardware compartment everything is okay 👌 then maybe power drop in the ledstrip and/or to much resistance in the wiring and connectors. Check also connections and power the LEDstrip if possible from both sides

You can try to increase the baudrate setting of the SPI led controller

running on SPI controller i had the baudrate setting on 1700000

• check your GND, is everything connected to common ground/
    • check connections > solder them
    • check PSU > is it powerfull enough and produces a steady and clean 5 volts DC
    • use at least 2 GND pins on the raspi ( trust me)
    • AWG thickness of wires has to be okay, to thin causes powerdrop into ledstrip

as a rule; use the wires at least the same gauge as on original connector of the ledstrip, normally there's 2 wires for power> the ones in the connector on the sides AND the separate ones that are longer, they did this on purpose so you can power the ledstrip with a lot of current.

• and did you power the ledstrip from both sides ( beginning/end) with +5 volts and GND?

That's great info on ethernet :)

yes and it really works, did that with ws2801 and christmass deco on the window

bare in mind; using the twisted pair green white for data and CLK and for power blue+white and brown+white twisted

the shielding you can connect to either earth or V-

cable to use is FTP and/or CAT6 or CAT6a

not CAT5 because the wires to thin

I should have power going to both ends, both from the same power supply?

yes from the same PSU, GND and +5 volts VCC together on the same ledstrip is no problem.

never use diffrent PSU on the same device/electronics, ONLY GND/ V- / minus you can merge together from diffrent PSU

How about a wiring diagram for using a level shifter. And what's the best one.

probably happens because Hyperion.NG sees terminated videostream on the v4l2 interface and shutsoff.

somewhere here on the forum was a code when if Hyperion.NG has a disruption on v4l2 interface and shutdown then it will bootup automatically

you have to search but code its here.

or maybe a HDCP problem, videostream disrupts in the splitter when switched over source.

if i was you i double check the HDMI settings into your device, and see if its ready for HDCP protocol :)

there's contradiction in your config.txt file.

# is used to ignore the line, to leave it out its loading the line..

#before the line means >>> it doesn't load

only the line means>>> it does load the line

So, if you want to enable SPI controller then you state

dtparam=spi=on    without use of the # !!

If you want to disable audio then

dtparam=audio=off remove the other audio line.

or

#dtparam=audio=on

this is both the same result!

Thats the example for sound and SPI.

next, power your ledstrip from both sides it will even out the current in the strip

also use thicker wires, gauge should be 16AWG or thicker. To thin can cause to much resistance and heating up of wires/powerdrop/.

I think if Manny is not going to change the topictitle then admin will or remove it.

This is the xx time that he is doing this, starting a thread without any information and then expect a response which he can use?

So for the second time I say this, If you are not going to provide the total picture of the problem then yes, davieboy is right and you are shooting blanks in here.

So, information we need. The why/how and with what. :whistling::!::/

u don't need invert signal option, that's only for use of nodemcu or second device sometimes.

For directly steering from the raspi on GPIO10 and GPIO11 with SPI, turn this setting off.

Look at back-light setting, with this setting lights is on even with no image. Alternating from 0 to 100 % brightness.

I have setting on 1.

is it possible to configure an ip webcam as video capture and remove the one in usb?

i know ( i am in the field engineering) that some IP camera's has the option to stream a analoque image.

most of times this analoque jack ( 3.5mm something like this) is used to calibrate the camera in the field before having it online and reachable on the IP network.

this is the fastest way to calibrate the camera.

> so what you can do> find out if the IP camera you want to use has an analoque out, this image you can use directly to connect it to a composite jack and put that jack into a AV/USB capturing device and your golden.

if you want the how and whatever then contact me .

a PI4 is not even better than a PI3 so that saves the trouble.

I think your troubles has to do with the fact that PWM can not run freely.

the things you see on the lights now is probably just audio static within the audio driver > PWM and GPIO18 on Hyperion.NG needs to have root privileges

and/or you need a level shifter to boost the signal.

You need to run hyperion as root with this configuration (device 'ws281x) PWM

first is dtparam=audio=off in config.txt boot section.

if that doesn't work> in terminal of raspi;

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root

sudo reboot now

copy and paste this code line with ctrl/shift +V in terminal then press enter

or

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service

Remove the User sessionline and save with CTRL+O and exit CTRL+x.

Don't forget to reboot

Lighting-guy77, thank you so much for the idea- i have finally solved all the issues and got all 3: ARC,4K and Hyperion working perfectly! And that too without going ahead with any further purchase of 4K capture card or ARC extractor etc. Thank you so much.

thats so cool man,

i actually didn't know you can connect the AVR 2 times with in and output on quite the same HDMI signal, i was thinking ( in first place) this was going to be a hazzard.

but nice to know that works!

so my new AVR4k is going to be wired like this :) ;)

ps; now currently i have a Onkyo 1080P AVR which can not process 4K signals so had to be creative

Firestick4K-> HDMI 1:2 Splitter|

Splitter| HDMIOut1--------------------------- -> HDMI Input of AVR HDMI input of tv ( thats your live feed image)

Splitter| HDMIOut2-----------------------------> HDMI Input of 1080P Capture card

2. AVR HDMI Output1/ARC CHannel -------> HDMI cable -----> MITV ARC HDMI Port

try it like this

note; i had to do it like this because my AVR is not capable for 4K signals.

so had to separate audio and 4K HDMI

let me refrase this; you can use the ARC/e-ARC option with using only 1 HDMI cable.

it was invented for that to minimize cables from and to the AVR.

with my setup you are just using 2 HDMI cables to the tv.

the 1th one is for the live feed of the source to >> your tv

the 2nd one is for the capturing of the sound from << the tv , the tv will detect a ARC/e-ARC device and transmit the sound to the AVR monitor OUT.