Beiträge von Ambientheater77

and I have to say, didn't know that was also possible to get the rtsp stream into Hyperion and is far above my Raspi knowledge

But: I did it with a analog Cam in colour with a 3-11 mm DC lens. That was aimed to the TV and the analog signal connected to a usb grabber.

It worked but. Colours where somewhat off because of the dark spot when dim scenes is playing.

BC backlight compisation was ON on the colour camera,

Result was a meager 7 :)

cons with this setup was no hassle whatsoever with hdcp/arc/edid/ etc

it's pwm so only with a scope you can measure it.

Pulse width modulation is an electronic signal/ duty cycle with intervals.

Make sure Hyperion is running under root otherwise pwm isn't working correctly, also disable audio output in config.txt

make sure you have common GND to ledstrip/raspi and PSU, ar least 2 GND on Raspi especially with that connectors

GPIO connection my advice is to solder it, those pushconnectors are the worst because of bad connections.

Check voltage at begin and end of the strip

Lord-Grey

Maybe it's a plan to merger every SK6812 topic into one big one.

It's really a difficult ledstrip to get it working, in this way all tips and tricks are bundled in one topic. I read a lot of problems everywhere with only this strip..

Call it

The big SK6812 topic, for all tips/problems/tricks

It's just a idea 💡

you can't use 2 separate PSU on the same strip if it's not in 2 pieces in the middle.

The only way you can is to cut the V+ Vin.

What I would do: use 5mtr strip and power this with PSU1 head/tail

Do this again with strip 2 and PSU2.

So: location where strip 1 ends.. You connect the beginning of 2 but only solder the data 1 on 1 from strip 1 to strip 2 !!

GND from both PSU you connect together

I have 300 leds, 60L/m and I powered with only 1 PSU begin/middle/end.

Why middle? Because I had power drop and leds where yellowish in the middle and not full bright white.

a new year is 2024! ;)

I am partially back here but tempered and moderate, not in the old ways of xx replies a day.

So if you have a question and I have the time/opportunity then I will answer you in my convenience.

But for now sailing along with mod's and the forum. :thumbup: 8)

hi,

I have a Shield setup and didn't use the Screen grabber because of the problem with streaming platforms as Netflix etc.

I took a different approach and used a hdmi 4k receiver with 6 input 4K hdmi ports and 1 hdmi 4K port out.

Setup:

Shield tv Pro 》 hdmi receiver IN 》 hdmi receiver out 》input 4K signal to HDCP 2.1 hdmi splitter 60p

Splits into :

Output2: hdmi 1080p 》 grabber 1080p 》 Raspi

Output1: Hdmi 4K 》 passtrough at 4Ktv

I have Hyperion.ng on all 6 hdmi channels and every streaming platform as YouTube Netflix Disney Amazon etc works.

HDR / Dolby Vision works.

Also audio bitstreams as DTS /Dolby Digital + etc, are working in this setup.

what's the question?

Hyperion.ng and the raspi dont need/want to endure 60p and 4K resolution.

You can make a DIY Hyperion.ng setup with only a 1080p grabber, and settings in Hyperion.ng only 720p and 25FPS

You can find grabbers on Aliexpress from same vendor (coffee black)

Dont use the grabbers with separate audio Jack because it can revert the audio from your hdmi signal and audio will fade.

So in short, you can do it with Raspi 3B already or higher, use a template image of Hyperbian, write it on SD card.

Stick the grabber into the Raspi for getting hdmi signal.

Goodluck with endeavours

Hello folks, it was a great ride this 2 years but everything must come to and end.

I hope my contributions can help a lot of others but my time here has ended in this forum, it’s to time consuming to answer the same questions over and over again.

Also boring (for me that is)

So I salute you and the dev’s for development in the near future…

Bye! :D :)

Thanks, I have returned it, but I have one more question

Refreshrates like 50/60 Hz is something diffrent than FPS.

• FPS is frames per second in video transmitted trough HDMI/DVI or other, it has a maximum resolution pér frame

• refreshrate is coming from local Energy provider normally between 50 and 60 Hz. It means the power (230v ~) is switched high and low 50 or 60 times in a second, also called frequency

so the 2 go hand in hand but are not the same.

normally i would say that FPS should be lower than the maximum refreshrate of the monitor.

tell me please. Is there a way to add dark colors with good brightness (80-100%) and without losing precision of color.

look at section capture hardware, if signal detection is on there you can alter treshold values for dark Red Green Blue detection.

(Translation is wrong there... so dont mind that. )

thats something you can do about "dark" colours

colorcalibration look at compensation brightness also.

power the capturedevice from another USB source than the raspi.

the "whites" mean static, if you watch your live feed then you'll see static colours.

The signal can not come trough the receiver ( from whatever reason)

so you have several options to troubleshoot:

• inject the USB power into the capture device from the TV/PSU but NOT raspi.
    • Set HDMI out at receiver at MAIN HDMI both. If this doesn't help use a splitter on only one HDMI out channel.
    • you have a HDCP problem, you can see that if you switch to Netflix e.a. it will warn you OSD
    • If not than its probably the first 2 mentioned rules i showed you.

And for the good capturing: set size decimation at 2, FPS at 25, encoding format as MJPEG, resolution as 720P 720x576

thank me later.

goodluck!

in UEFI/bios you can often set the USB ports always active, it's at hardware section

Then you have always USB power at those ports, maybe that helps.

try to use the USB ports directly on the motherboard on the back, they often have much more power or your problem lies in the fact the USB is 2.0 or 3.0 so check your capture device.

goodluck.

yes I have,

Look up the specs of your SK6812NW strip, mine is running under exactly 5.3 volts ⚡️ (HD107S) to achieve most accurate colours possible. Also better for the Raspi to run at 5.3 volts..

Solder your contact points to reduce resistance

And look at section ledcontroller and choose the correct algorithm for your whites.

Go to youtube video and check ✔️ your colours in live feed and your ledstrip simultaneously, seek for ambilight/govee videos

Set colourscheme in hyperion to default and Gamma on 2.4 red/green/blue

Run the ledstrip at 30% brightness to see if the whites improves with less luminance.. 🤔

That's it for now.

vitman

You have to increase the SPI buffer in CMD bootline then you can address more leds than only 255 :)

But be carefull because the Raspi won't boot anymore if the syntax is not put correctly

nothing seems out of the ordinary to me.

The only thing I wonder is why you altered the colours in colourscheme to different than default.

I never did that and only had to change the Gamma settings with ledstrips as WS2801, APA102 and HD107S

fonzi03

In my experience the only colour" that will draw most power thus current from the PSU is shiny 100% brigtness white

Every other colour will draw less current, maybe for separate channel white ledstrips like the NW /CW or WW types that's different.. 🤔