Beiträge von Ambientheater77

I know this problem, it comes because the stream can not come near the capture device.

Stream is not being received by capture device that's the rainbow effect.

Problem is not the PI or Hyperion.NG but has to do with splitting of HDMI signals.

If the splitter hasn't got receiver ends active then you have this.

I used a splitter/downscaler from Xolorspace and never a problem. It has build in HDCP 2.2

I think your problem lies in EDID, the screen or grabber are not asking (the right) signal from the source, so only one becomes active trough splitter and sends the "rainbow"

Yes, I now installed a splitter into the mix, but the signal is still not going thru and I know that it should work.

try to use only the MAiN HDMI port and use the splitter there.

Can u make a schematics of your build?

There is no need running the commands under root.
    You can execute the commands without "sudo"

Thanks Lord-Grey for the topic change.

The sudo I will remove but I tested and that the rest of the syntax is okay 👍

The hyperion-remote server on SSH, port 19444, commands coming from SSH is NOT visible in the webserver environment , i found that out while configuring..

this isn't completely true: you can see the changes of status but only in Dashboard, each instance has his sliders and they react to the SSH commands.

-blackborder

-capture device

-smoothing

etc you can see the slides go ON and OFF when giving a SSH/button command

except when you are changing a setting in a instance, you can't see the change in webserver.

I managed to use the SSH service ( port 22) from Raspi >> [you have to activate SSH first in config of Raspi,] to control Hyperion-remote trough button commands.

i used this option because without Home assistant ( way to much fuss) you can also easy control Hyperion with the android app:

Raspberry SSH

under here you see a screenshot which commands i use in Hyperion.

in short to set-up:

• Activate SSH in raspi-config
    • Download Putty
    • install putty or run it
    • With this tool you can see if the syntax of your commands is okay, if not you see errors
    • type: hyperion-remote -h
    • choose the commands you want and try them in terminal of Putty
    • if they work ( i"ll show a example below) install Rasberry SSH or Raspberry SSH lite
    • configure the buttons, green button in right top of screen means the SSH connection to the SSH Raspi server is made
    • Try the button, Hyperion-remote server will reply with errors if syntax isn't correct.
    • have fun!

This method with SSH is direct control.

you can control Hyperion as follow:

• the webserver:8090 port options, IP 192.168.xxx.xxx:8090 make a setting and save..
    • The hyperion-remote server on SSH, port 19444, commands coming from SSH is NOT visible in the webserver environment , i found that out while configuring..

and probably more but i am not using that options.

TIP: i f you want to controll Instances with SSH commands, make sure they are activated in the webserver first! :)

SSH button syntax examples:

1. sudo hyperion-remote --instance "name of instance" --enable "BLACKBORDER"
    2. sudo hyperion-remote --instance "name of instance" --disable "BLACKBORDER"
    3. sudo hyperion-remote --on
    4. sudo hyperion-remote --off
    5. sudo hyperion-remote --brightness "1"
    6. sudo hyperion-remote --brightness "100"
    7. sudo hyperion-remote --instance "name of instance" --enable "LEDDEVICE"
    8. sudo hyperion-remote --instance "name of instance" --disable "LEDDEVICE"
    9. and so on..

@moderator, pclin  Lord-Grey  TPmodding

can you change topic title into:

Setup SSH button commands to hyperion-remote server, examples how to setup and activate SSH

there's going to be a update here from my changed setup that works way better 🙌

I ditched the HDMI audio ARC extractor completely.

Instead I used a 4K 2way splitter on Monitor out1 only, powered trough Nvidia shield 🛡

Splits into:

1. HDMI (ARC) port 2 of tv
    2. LOOP HDMI grabber to Hyperion

With this new development 👌 🙌 no more blackouts or audio fail on receiver.

Also when I bootup the Raspi/Hyperion (video comes later) then it will start the capturing automatically

Turns out while the txnr1007 is capable of having 2 monitor OUT and I set it to MAIN HDMI on both channels it still didn't like when I watched TV but WITHOUT stream being used to Hyperion

With this new setup these problems are gone

hello,

How do you know if the correct syntax is used in a command?

i get no return from Hyperion and log shows nothing wrong in syntax, but enable/disable command still doesn't work.

if i use the command hyperion-remote --off then it works fine. So command is recognized by Hyperion server.

never mind, its working but i was looking into the webserver:8090 to see if the command worked, but port 19444 and 8090 of hyperion are obviously not aware of change in settings so the other doesnt see changes.

anyway it works so now i can control Hyperion with SSH commands on app.

i wanted to disable the BLACKBORDER if watching movies without the black bords.

maybe this helps someone also finding out syntax in hyperion-remote with SSH commands :)

pi@HyperBian:~ $ hyperion-remote --instance "First LED Hardware instance" --disable "BLACKBORDER"

hyperion-remote:

Version : 2.0.13 ((HEAD detached at 2.0.13) (GitHub-dfd9438/5dc696b-1653218333))

build time: May 22 2022 12:55:01

2023-02-04T22:39:22.910 |__| REMOTE : <INFO> Connecting to Hyperion host: 127.0.0.1, port: 19444 using service: HyperBian

pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo hyperion-remote --instance "First LED Hardware instance" --enable "BLACKBORDER"

hyperion-remote:

Version : 2.0.13 ((HEAD detached at 2.0.13) (GitHub-dfd9438/5dc696b-1653218333))

build time: May 22 2022 12:55:01

2023-02-04T22:40:15.169 |__| REMOTE : <INFO> Connecting to Hyperion host: 127.0.0.1, port: 19444 using service: HyperBian

pi@HyperBian:~ $

mase

image scaling factor is reducing total resolution in the capturedstream. ( lower number is higher resolution)

MAx FPS at 25 is more than enough to have smooth image.

those settings you should alter.

Normally in Hyperion capture device like USB or camera you have also 25/30 FPS to capture,

its enough.

144FPS isn't necessary

Because you're capturing display on same pc, use hostname of the pc instead

press; windowsbutton+r , type cmd, then in terminal type hostname and ENTER.

copy that name and that you use in section IP adress Hyperion Server Configuration

I used the IP adress of my Raspi because the capturing image is transported to another device from my desktop pc.

i can also use the hostname of the Raspi there.

gave it a try, but kinda don´t know how to set it up to be honest

then enable Protobuffer in Hyperion and that's it.

Okay,

A few things,

when using GPIO18 you need to run PWM0 and ledcontroller ws281x

For that yes, you need to run Hyperion as root, so activate root access with Sudo command in terminal and reboot.

If you want to use GPIO10 (Mosi) you can run only SPI0 on ledcontroller SPIws2812

Get rid of the diode please. No artificial electronics is needed than only (maybe) a resistor at begin of your strip between the GPIO and the data IN.

Only thing a resistor does is lower down current trough the first led, if you power from more sides you don’t need it also.

if you are referring with channels to instances.

You have in total maximum 4 instances, 1 is default instance

-Main is default instance

-Then 2th ( toggle on/off)

-Then 3th (toggle on/off)

-Then 4th ( toggle on/off)

Main instance is always active when Hyperion is running so use that for the device you want to controll all the time.

after having several experience now with diffrent strips and setups:

i would like to add that injecting power on 5volt ledstrips in the middle of the strip above 200 leds ( 60l/mtr types) is really recommended.

I upgraded from APA102 (30l/mtr 130leds) to HD107s (60l/mtr 260leds) and had to alter a few things.

-increase glassfuse from 6A to 20A > drawing around 14 Amps on 5 volts at 100 brightness

-injecting extra 5v/GND power in the middle of the strip.

-combining leads ( white/red) ledstrip power extra at begin at end of ledstrip.

-increasing gauge wires from 1.0mm to 3mm ( 2x 1,5mm2)

if you don't then the colours will be off

you can't run the leds at full brightness but only 30% ! > more brightness will result in colour failing, especially the whites..

goodluck with your build everybody, video of HD107s will be coming :)

sk6812 need a levelshifter to boost digital signals from Raspi GPIO to the leds

They cost around 5 bucks on AliExpress

and have more common ground pins (GND) used on the Raspi, at least 2

€ 1,96 12%OFF | Tzt 10Pcs 4 Kanaals Iic I2C Logic Level Converter Bi-Directionele Module 5V Naar 3.3V

€ 1,96 12%OFF | Tzt 10Pcs 4 Kanaals Iic I2C Logic Level Converter Bi-Directionele Module 5V Naar 3.3V
    a.aliexpress.com

on SPI0, increase baudrate to 590000

Did anyone test this new type of leds with Hyperion? On paper there are perfect and because it's a new model there is a chance that Chinese didn't manage to make counterfeit clones of them (like APA102 where almost every APA102 sold on AliExpresses is in fact worse SK9822).

yes i have them, 60l/mtr and very nice whites. >> much better than APA102 which builds" the white colour from RGB.

supersmooth reaction and colours are out of this world.

i had to implement extra 5v power, they state you don't need extra power with 5 meters of strip..

well, i powered from begin middle and end. No middle power injected then white is turning yellowish in the middle of the strip..

and i have only 260 leds :) you run them with APA102 ledcontroller

i know this is and old thread, but is handy info for other forummers.

note: HD108 is not available in Aliexpress as a ledstrip 5050, only the led by itself..