Beiträge von Ambientheater77

yes running PIN 12 / gpio 18 demands ledcontroller PWM ws281x

Running PIN 19 / gpio 10 demands SPI ledcontroller ws2812

For PWM make sure follow advice of Lord-Grey

run Hyperion under root and disable audio in config.txt

dtparam=audio=off

For SPI make sure SPI device 0 is enabled in config.txt.

dtparam=spi=on

You need to run hyperion as root with this configuration (device 'ws281x) PWM

go to your terminal

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service

Remove the User sessionline and save with CTRL+O and exit CTRL+x.

Don't forget to reboot…

now you can decide which ledcontroller you want to use

Okay, I have it shorten to .3m, set to pin 19 but I can't seem to control the LEDs stil

did you select ws2812SPI in led controller??

i saw that you selected 3000000 thats 300Mhz >> thats fast

whats the baudrate of the ledcontroller> decrease to 1500000

look at remote section of Hyperion, do you see that ledcontroller is active?

you have a grounding problem

i think your problem is GND ( ground) related,

try to GND to your Raspi and leds and connect the Raspi to the same PSU and leave the powerbrick out of the story.

you have a lot of juice ( more then enough ) so you can power Raspi/leds/USB capture device from same PSU

or; connect a groundwire between the V- of PSU to your GND of your powerbrick :)

thats the "rainbowsignal" it appears when there's no HDMI videosignal on live feed to Hyperion, so its a empty signal.

USB Capture: (V4L2:/dev/video0) driver still runs and it shows trough Hyperion which steers the leds.

you can turn on [signal detection] and alter the values of Hmin Hmax and Vmin Vmax

the values is default 0,25 / 0,75 > you can change it in 0,9 and 0,98 and see if this works for you

So, what are the best LED stripes in 2021? Which kind should be used?

if you have your leds your not out of the woods yet,

go from a basic point of view, the best results ( most accurate colours you can achieve) with a couple of pointers.

1. First find your LED setting RGB/BGR/GBR etc etc to suit your ledstrip.
    2. make sure the capture video is > at highest setting ( lower count decimation) and highest resolution 16/9 like 1080p
    3. Make sure also that your TV and your captured image from the source are as much alike, so turn off enhancements in your image settings of tv!
    4. Make sure the captured image before go to your PI is as high as possible, use a good quality splitter
    5. use a good quallity PSU, the better the PSU the nicer the colours will be
    6. find a youtube video with Ambilight >> LINK pause it at the colour you want to set
    7. Go to remote section of Hyperion.NG, here you can 'tinker" the settings and see immediatelly results
    8. basic setting is Gamma over 2.0 for every RGB colour ( between 2.0 and 2.4) something like that, is diffrent for each ledcontroller
    9. RGB colours leave them basic yellow/white/red/blue/green etc etc don't touch that ( yet)

now try with the RGB Gamma and paused video to achieve the colours, it has to be really simple now

reminder; every time you change this an other colour can go off.

its almost impossible to have all the ledcolours exactly matched with your TV.

If you can't get the right results with only Gamma RGB settings then try to set each colour individually, but its not my way to do this.

note; step 3/4 is really important because the captured image into Hyperion.NG translates the correct colours for the leds... if those in beginning don't match with your tv its hard to set them right in Hyperion.NG..

note2; take your time for this, it can take hours or even days.

goodluck! :thumbup:

APA102 has not that good colors, but works well connected directly to RPi.

you see my link? not good colours? There is no ledstrip that has al the functionality you want out of the lights.

You always have to give in at some point, it can be DIVERSE symptoms why a ledstrip doesn't project real live colours that you want.

perfect colourscheme doesn't excist

I only say this in a professional way, i am not afended or anyway my lights are great 30l/mtr

take a look there. :thumbup: maybe you find something that helps your problem.

I read that an HDMI grabber with loop avoids to use a splitter (I have one but if I can avoid it, that's probably better but it could become hot > is that true?).

I also read that a RCA grabber is still the best solution...

You probably read my topic, hot story i am talking about is not the splitter its the CPU of the Raspi when overused.

RCA grabbers work very nicely but you also need a extra HDMI splitter and/or 4k to RCA converter for it ( nowadays most people have 4K HDR) which is expensive and a problem.

they choose a HDMI capturedevice with everything in it then which lower the costs

What is the overall advantage of this 'loop'? Does it really avoid using a splitter?

Yes people buy them because of that feature, HDMI feed goes in and UNALTERED goes out.

The trick is the USB out, this is the video feed reduced to 1080p most of times .

Ofcourse you can use a traditional capture device, for this you need most of times a splitter to split the signal from the source to tv and Hyperion