Beiträge von Ambientheater77

What is the overall advantage of this 'loop'? Does it really avoid using a splitter?

Yes people buy them because of that feature, HDMI feed goes in and UNALTERED goes out.

The trick is the USB out, this is the video feed reduced to 1080p most of times .

Ofcourse you can use a traditional capture device, for this you need most of times a splitter to split the signal from the source to tv and Hyperion

point 5: yes Hyperbian runs Hyperion.NG 2.09 Alpha

point 6: have a look at my topic for LOOP capturing devices :thumbup::saint:

hello folks,

because i read a lot of stories which i helped the members with this device i decided to make a thread out of this that goes for all capture devices type "LOOP"

no i am not working at Amazon or Ali express. :D

we are are talking about this type of above device>> function is originally to use it for live streaming from game-pc or what not to a video card to record the session, or too split the screen into a double output for tv and laptop so you and thee wife can watch the same program on diffrent screens. :thumbup::thumbup:

a lot of people purchase this > they saw it in a video of Youtube and its really cheap. Its a nice device but in Hyperion.NG it needs special settings to work.

if you use it as USB device then the capture device is always going to be detected and then rejected.

Results is; it appears and vanishes as a device in remote section of WebUI.

To not let this happen....

Go to the WebUI and menu USB grabber;

Device; USB video: USB video

Input; Camera1 ( or higher)

Resolution; in 16/9 lowest as possible and then build up the resolution

Size decimation; set to at least 4 until 12 >> the higher count, the worse image

Frames a second; 15FPS or go lower and higher.

these settings should provide you a steady live-feed into Hyperion.NG, however nothing is to be said about the hardware that u use as a Raspi.

you have diffrent Raspi's with each of them their own characteristics.

PI0 = cheap and possibillity to use, but singlecore so with ( above) capturing device attached and running heavy OS can be to hard on the fellow..

pi1= weak, dont use.

pi2= okay but no HDMI port there and not really strong CPU to render the images out of grabber coming in.

pi3= good, go for PI3b (PI3a is single core) thats a quadcore > you see that in results and its not expensive like 50$

Pi4= excellent but only untill PI4 version 1.4 >> not 2.0 because Hyperion.NG is not supported yet on that version.

there's something else, USB port of PI whats used it takes a toll on overall performances of the PI and his core ( will heat up)

in a ball park, you can determine easy without all of kinds of codes if the PI is underclassified for the job you meant it to be doing.

go to terminal in running process of the PI and use only this code:

after the $: vcgencmd measure_temp

you see right on the spot if the PI is too hot, so to hot ( over 80 degrees C) that means that CPU is not equipped for the job at hand.

it has to run at high speed and cannot handle. ( same thing goes for your laptop> its blowing all the time the fan?? runs at max.

there's something else that you can do, you can increase the ARM of the PI, and you can increase USB port power to the capturing device.

#alter the ARM and insert force turbo line at own risk# it can damage your PI especially the older ones. :!:8|

if you still want to to that, for that you have to go to config.txt and alter the ARM and USB line,

go to your terminal in Putty or SSH

cd /

ls

cd /boot

sudo nano config.txt

#uncomment to overclock the arm. 700 MHz is the default.

arm_freq=900

force_turbo=1

max_usb_current=1

Once the changes have been made, press Ctrl + X to save and exit.

sudo reboot

after reboot it should work and CPU running higher in ARM, USB port is more powerfull.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/do…onfig-txt/overclocking.md

shoot questions if you have them and goodluck with this mini-tutorial! ^^

i already explained the why and how to you.

A friend of mine has this and its purpose is WITHOUT hyperion to run alone on USB port of tv.

If you connect it to Hyperion.NG which works ith several codecs/controllers, it doesn't understand the chinese clone. ( hardware issue)

original Arduino or ESP8266 cost a few bucks, if you persisting and want still to take this route then by al means but i am out.

no hard feelings or that, but i am far to busy to reply all the time with something is not going to work nicely..

goodluck with the project. :thumbup:

device: USB Video: USB Video

input: Camera 1

the rest of the settings have to be static NOT automatic.

FPS > like 15f/s

resolution > lowest possible in 16/9 and build up

PAL or NTSC ( PAL is better most of times)

size decimation > between 4 and 12

have you solved the "flickering" already? its wise just to begin with only ONE troubleshooting at the time :)

if you sort the "flickering" out then look at capture device or vise versa

Okay thanks for the answer , I'll try to build it with an arduino or a wemos

somewhere ( not to long ago) there was a topic about this same chinese clone ledbox and we go on for 5 pages or something before we found out its not going to work with this clone.

if i find it back i share it to you.

found it, also a clone>> Rpi3 + Arduino + libreELEC >> vendor preset: disabled

not the same ledbox buts in here in the forum somewhere can't find it now.

i connect you to another topic and then you can see :)

yes it sure can.

there's all the answers already so i don't have to write them twice, and maybe you can give eachother pointers :thumbup::whistling:

settings is okay, set USB device to camera with LOOP capture devices on first/second picture.

Hyperion.NG redetects them the whole time on USB grabber setting , when switched to CAMERA that stops.

Hyperion.NG sees the device as a camera because of the LOOP capturing, probably there's a chip inside which tells the Hyperion.NG software "i am a camera"

i think/suspect the capture devices are both fine,

1. Flickering can be diffrent things.
    2. make sure you have a steady/clean and powerfull PSU which provides DC voltage and current > overkill in power doesn't hurt at all. No more then 5 volts.
    3. connect more than one GND pin to the PI, solder the wires to the pins
    4. ground everything to PSU GND, so leds/PI/MCU/level converter.......... EVERYTHING
    5. Power the ledstrip from BOTH sides ( begin and the end) , + 5 volts and GND and bring them both separatelly to PSU

when used GPIO18 (PWM) disconnect the audio in config.txt

dtparam=audio=off

sometimes you need a Logic level converetr for GPIO18 setup with ws281x PWM controller, but first try this steps

goodluck!

Could I solder the led stripe directly to the Pi zero GPio ?

yes you can do that, some ledstrips dont need a Logic level shifter others do directly connected to a Raspi.

if you provide a steady/clean and powerfull DC voltage+current to the ledstrip then most of the times you can directly connect to GPIO.

it also depends on what MCU u are going to use, if its running only on +3.3 volts ( when data to ledstrip needs at least 3.5) then you are certain most of times to use a level shifter anyways.

there's a schematics that you can follow can be found here on the forum.

schematics is made by TPmodding and myself.