Posts by Lightning-guy77

New 15A power supply fixes this, but the new problem is that the whole strip will now flash bright white (sometimes green) at seemingly random intervals.

make sure the Voltage output under load doesn't exceed the 5 Volts of the ledstrip.

make sure the GND is common to each device, you can ever have to much common grounds.

make sure the PSU delivers a steady/rectified and clean DC voltage

you can alter the voltage by using the potmeter ( turn clockwise to increase DC, counter clockwise to decrease DC)

normal ledstrips will fire from 4,7 volts but you have also strips that need exactly the 5,0 volts or even 5,17 to run correctly/

the main issue for you is that problems started AFTER you change up the PSU, so i would look into that.

Why we need this "HDR to SDR tone mapping" ?

because Hyperion.NG can not cope with HDR signals.

so you have option:

• Or use HyperHDR fork from Awawa >> Special Hyperion fork that can tone map ( sort of) HDR signals into normal colours..
    • Or tone map it yourself BEFORE Hyperion software have to cope with it, some Android boxes have this option to tone map from HDR to SDR
    • Or switch of the HDR ( Dolby Vision) signal from the source to the TV a.k.a Hyperion

If you don't do this the colours will be off, like vale and not bright, colours is awful then.

goodluck!

here is my config,

on black scenes everything black, no using of level shifter

Ledstrip APA102 30L/mtr ? 130 leds.

• capturing device is proto buffer 19445 ( hyperion screencapturing app) > available on Google play store
    • or HDMI/AV converter
    • or Camera via Hyperion Windows and forwarder

works perfectly

DMA is a solid level setting that has to do with memory banks and your CPU in the Raspi, DMA channel is linked to activities and CPU on that channel which are sometimes are already in use.

normally DMA channel 5 is free to use, but u can also try DMA channel 10 if that fails.

you can use a DHCP address, so router gives IP adres.

Normally the router will remember the IP, if its not then you have your problem.

You can turn the DHCP address into static, by going mostly to LAN settings and see if the router recognizes the Raspi, then you can use the option to make it static by enabling the feature into the router.

Function with my Draytec router is called

Bind IP to MAC

( means MAC address is always receiving same IP!! :)

THIS is also the easiest way to achieve this. You can also alter the dhcpd.file in the Raspi's bootmenu but it's not recommended by me :)

DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Communication Protocol, so in fact the Dynamic part is already telling something how this protocol works.

it found the chipset from USB video Macrosilicom with MAC adres 53:4d:21:09, so the software and hardware detects the USB capturing device.

it seems it can not load the drivers that it needs to run.

quite strange because i have the same chipset from same vendor and runs on every version of Hyperion on Raspi3B

first save your settings into Json file on your PC, if that isn't possible then i hope you have a backup of your settings

try it first by deleting old cookies and log in to LocalIP:8090

not working still?

sudo systemctl -q enable hyperion"@pi".service

sudo reboot

not working still?

instal a new hyperion by doing this, because looks like Hyperion is corrupt/not working properly

sudo apt-get --purge autoremove hyperion

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install hyperion

this only works in Hyperbian 2.11

for PWM, in terminal execute

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

connect the ledstrip at both sides to +5volts and GND, so beginning and end. It will even the current/powerdrop that you have over a distance in the strip.

do you have a common GND? connect all GND together please :)

so ledstrip/Raspi/PSU V- / GND everything together an test again.

good day Tomasz,

first of all SK6812 is 3 line strip, you have to use SPI ledcontroller for that, maybe you can do that with PWM (GPIO18) but didn't see this happening here on the forum, so maybe that works also but maybe not.

I read a post of someone that had the same ledstrip, settings below should be enough to fire it.

GPIO in Hyperion Led config should be the same as physical PIN on GPIO which is used on the Raspi.

in your case use PIN19 ( GPIO10) for the Data DIN

Change SPI to 0.0

follow this guide:

if i remember correct, SK6812 needs high baudrate to run.

go to led menu at SPI controller and increase the SPI bus.

recommended settings sk6812 RGBW ledstrip;

• running SPI led controller, device 0 SPI 0
    • GPIO 10
    • baud rate quite high 5900000
    • no levelsifter needed
    • white algorythm, white color is OFF

see this site>> https://pinout.xyz/pinout/spi

goodluck!

v4l2-ctl --list-devices

lsusb

dmesg-c

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

stil nothing, then upgrade your firmware. but first try this

after that with no dice>>try this

apt-cache search firmware

find these 2

hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware - FX2 firmware for hdmi2usb board development

fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices

and execute them

code to install if found

apt-get install hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware

apt-get install fxload

And if you only want to play from the PC, you can do without the PI and Grabber entirely and install Hyperion directly on the PC.

PC with Hyperion > ESP with WLED > Stripes

addition to this, yes you can do this danilbin you have to set hyperion ( windows app) only on framegrabber,

then with Wled and esp8266 NodeMCU you can make the ambilight.

for this route you don't need the Raspberry Pi and USB grabber.

Framegrabber build in in Hyperion grabs the screen for you in the software app and then you can steer the leds with Wled> over WIFI! :)

About PC with Hyperion. Сhecked Adrilight. It significantly loads the PC processor (5-10%)

i think Hyperion will not take that lot of juice on a fast PC, the Hyperion app on Windows is really easy and i would check it out.

NodeMCU esp8266 only costs a few euro's > you need a sketch for that to make it work.

the illustration is fine, if you can succesfully duplicate the live feed then this setup should work.

I would say when using a zeroW (WIFI) you can't steer to much leds, this Raspi is single core and not that powerfull.

for tasks as W-Led its perfect but to steer the leds directly from GPIO and having to do rendering as well for live feed into Hyperion.NG can be too much.

so what people do is decreasing the live feed and having a real low resolution to work with.

If you want more power/quality then i would suggest to look for a Raspi 3b, these are quadcores and have much more power but still affordable :)

okay, did you try ALL of this user said:

hello ws2813B works great as ws281x-spi

without Arduino with Raspberry Pi Zero

Connect the first LED Bi and Gnd together

For a working system, I need a 2.2 kΩ resistor from the spi output to the led DI input.

Without resistance or with 300ohm resistance does not work,

no idea why.

5V power supply to the LED strip will not work. Only when the voltage is 4.7V-4.8V.

Maybe this is a peculiarity of the WS2813 / B

You may need a protection circuit on the data bus, otherwise the first LED will eventually fuse to overvoltage.

1.) WS281x-SPI

2.) 2.2k ohms on DI

3.) Bridge the first BI with GND to the LED

4.) Set 4.7V as power supply

5.) In the config.txt force_turbo = 1 set

requires a steady CPU clock on the Raspberry Pi.

Please connect the DATA cable individually and with a shielded cable to the LED.

And please connect a schottkey diode to the DI data bus input. to prevent a voltage spike when switching on and off the power supply.

Have long cables 2m.

With very short you may not need something like that.

ws281x SPI like this user claims in this post does NOT excist,

you have two options guy:

• SPI ledcontroller, runs on SPI interface and if your ledstrip isn't mentioned in the SPI-list its possible the timings are way diffrent or voltages and you never get it to work.

• PWM ledcontroller ws281x ( x stands for every type of ledstrip that runs on PWM) runs on audio service, for this ledcontroller to work Hyperion.NG must run under root, see my last postings about this subject.

I think that you have a must better chance to run this ledstrip under PWM, just follow the list mentioned by this other user, the thread you mentioned.

lower the voltage to 4,7 volts, apply the 2.2Kohm resistor,

force_turbo = 1 means overclocking the PI in config.txt, do this on your own risk. ...

if nothing works after this still, get another ledstrip like types ws2812b or APA102, ledstrips that WILL work.

goodluck!

for your info, my ledstrip APA102 runs on SPI ledcontroller.

• on 5 volts stack
    • without level shifter
    • without capacitor
    • without resistor

for over 1,5 years flawlessly.

so its possible without adding all kinds of electronics.