Beiträge von Ambientheater77

vitman

You have to increase the SPI buffer in CMD bootline then you can address more leds than only 255 :)

But be carefull because the Raspi won't boot anymore if the syntax is not put correctly

nothing seems out of the ordinary to me.

The only thing I wonder is why you altered the colours in colourscheme to different than default.

I never did that and only had to change the Gamma settings with ledstrips as WS2801, APA102 and HD107S

fonzi03

In my experience the only colour" that will draw most power thus current from the PSU is shiny 100% brigtness white

Every other colour will draw less current, maybe for separate channel white ledstrips like the NW /CW or WW types that's different.. 🤔

I'll beg to differ this...

the most important is the PSU and the way how he injected the power in the strip.

How much leds, what voltage ⚡️ and what is the power drop after 150 leds or so...

If voltage thus current isn't correct you never get a satisfactory colour scheme out of your ledstrip.

Settings in hyperion alone isn't going to cut it then.

note, vitman

A tip of mine is to lower down the brightness of the leds to 30%

If the leds going to shine ✨️ bright whites but at lower luminance you'll know that you have to upgrade the (total)power to the leds.

Just a tip. :)

Goodluck!

Ground and 3.3 from the pi pins to the LV side of the level shifter. The HV side of the level shifter comes directly off the PSU.

Looks okay to me. Make sure common GND

there's a lot of problems I noticed to run SK6812 directly from the PI, even with levelshifter.

It's better to use a microcontroller like ESP32+ levelshifter and run Wled, for that ask pclin

PSU power, is it sufficient, measure Amps

hardware connections/PINs, check them for resistance

injecting power at middle and end of strip,

do that with +5volts and GND

Ws2801 can run without levelshifter or nodeMCU.

Just connect DO and CLK to GPIO10 and GPIO11 and make sure common GND.

When more than 255 leds then increase SPI buffer in CMD boot line. For that look up my old posts :)

Maeltne

kunstoff-led frame is my V1 build, i made a update about that one.

i have now V2 :)

the basic is PVC tubing ( electrical) with 16 and 19mm and metal braces on the TV, frame connected with tyrap to that

How do access to the console on raspberry when I boot in order to offer you more info?

if i may;

The tuturial showed you how to alter the wpa_supplicant.conf

i don't use that but just go to the GUI of the Raspi and alter the raspi-config

Attach a screen to the HDMI port and see if you can login with the pi/raspberry

then you should see a screen like this with Hyperion status running, also you see the IP adres the Raspi has received from your router.

It might be a splitter problem

i see its a Bidirection.

you have two settings:

• 1 IN 2 OUT
    • 2 IN 1 OUT

You can't display 2 monitors at the same time, it says in manual. You can only CONNECT the monitors but not display it, you need the button to select 1 or 2.....

you have the wrong one, look for a USB loop device

now i want screen capture however its just displaying black, any ideas

test Hyperion direct from the source without a tv connected, see if the webpage REMOTE section shows the capture device.

has to be visible there with about 240 priority level.

if it is: go to the screen up right and see whats displayed there, should be a copy of your screen.

if not ( only black or rainbow signals) then check the HDMI cables and/or HDCP connections.

or power the capture device NOT from the Raspi but charger or TV USB socket

1. no you can just use the GPIO18 / PWM0, have to run hyperion under root for that and switch off audio in config.txt
    2. Look for Rullz loop usb device
    3. You need a hdmi splitter for that, if watching drm content like Disney/Amazon/HBO etc , don't forget purchasing a HDCP compliant one
    4. Smart tv's come with build in OS, with Samsung you can't with LG you can in some cases..
    5. See point 3 , yes you need that anyway. Integrated apps you can't capture on Samsung (I have Samsung TV myself so..)
    6. You don't need 4k going into Hyperion, 720p is sufficient. You can achieve with downscaling from 4k to 1080p with a good splitter/downscaler and then capture only 720p out of that signal.

note: for splitting drm content you need at least HDCP2.2 build in the splitter, if it isn't it will go black on you or in Netflix/Disney give you HDCP warning and no playback.

It's to protector to them you can't copy the material online streaming

Goodluck!

did u use this code.

Code
    sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

looks like ws281x leddevice is ON, also looks like the PI is taking back the PWM soon its fully booted.

Try this and put a extra line in config.txt without the # before the line an save

Sudo nano config.txt

Code
    dtparam=audio=off

For your information

GPIO 12 and 18 is "same group PWM0 channel

GPIO 13 and 19 is "second group PWM1 channel

the strip is working now, you can test it with effects. You have a video problem now.

Set all the leds in Hardware count

Go to the webUI (ipadres:8090) and go to remote section. There you can test if the video source is visible.

You can also choose a effect, set duration of the effect and then you should see the effect running on the strip.

You have the rainbow 🌈 signal now, means that video signal can't reach the Raspi. So you have to change the splitter or such.

But first try the effects

take the white leads, connect them with a wire to GND pin on the Raspi.

there's diffrent Raspi GND pins, take the ones that's closest to GPIO18 ( hardwarepin 12)

so hardwarepin 14 and 20 GND

Ground at Raspberry Pi GPIO Pinout

for the better you connect to those 2 GND pins with the white wire. You need to have a common GND

the wiggeling effect means there's a resistant between the pin and the jumpercable.

best is to solder the leads on the pins directly, to prevent resistance.

your PI needs to be connected with GND from the leds.

so: take 2 GND pins of the PI and connect them with the white wires.

that should do it.

furthermore: 5v3Amps is not a lot but enough to test your setup with, you may want to upgrade to a more powerfull PSU.

chance is that the colours will not be even, especially the whites.

I know this problem, it comes because the stream can not come near the capture device.

Stream is not being received by capture device that's the rainbow effect.

Problem is not the PI or Hyperion.NG but has to do with splitting of HDMI signals.

If the splitter hasn't got receiver ends active then you have this.

I used a splitter/downscaler from Xolorspace and never a problem. It has build in HDCP 2.2

I think your problem lies in EDID, the screen or grabber are not asking (the right) signal from the source, so only one becomes active trough splitter and sends the "rainbow"

Yes, I now installed a splitter into the mix, but the signal is still not going thru and I know that it should work.

try to use only the MAiN HDMI port and use the splitter there.

Can u make a schematics of your build?

There is no need running the commands under root.
    You can execute the commands without "sudo"

Thanks Lord-Grey for the topic change.

The sudo I will remove but I tested and that the rest of the syntax is okay 👍

The hyperion-remote server on SSH, port 19444, commands coming from SSH is NOT visible in the webserver environment , i found that out while configuring..

this isn't completely true: you can see the changes of status but only in Dashboard, each instance has his sliders and they react to the SSH commands.

-blackborder

-capture device

-smoothing

etc you can see the slides go ON and OFF when giving a SSH/button command

except when you are changing a setting in a instance, you can't see the change in webserver.