Beiträge von Ambientheater77

Is er een mogelijkheid om van deze 2 video bronnen ook signaal af te tappen en naar Hyperion te sturen? En dan het liefst zonder stekker te verwisselen, dus dat Hyperion zelf overgeschakeld naar een andere bron.

je kan bv een hDMI schakelaar gebruiken ( met remote) en achter die output een RCA converter zetten. De output daar weer van (CVBS - composiet) laat je alle geconverteerde composiet signalen op samen komen en die stuur je naar je USB grabber. Dat zou je ook bv weer kunnen doen met een 4 kanaals relais waarbij je alleen de lead schakelt.

nee, Hyperion.NG kan niet automatisch schakelen op bv verschillende USB input, wel kan je verschillende LEd instanties maken (2) waarbij je een andere grabber configureert bv. Je kan wel op PROTO images streamen naar je Hyperion.NG maar die moet via een screengrabber verstuurt worden over LAN naar bv poort 19445 van je Hyperion.NG Screengrabber software installeer je dan bv op je pc

yeah i know its automatically generated by the webui (the rate parameter is not editable in the ui so i put it in via import to see if this was the missing piece.... it wasnt)

So what I effectively did is: installed NG, put all my settings in (which worked in hypercon) via webui and it doesnt work.

The rate parameter was present in hyper con as "frequency".

okay thanks, now i get it
    sometimes in writing/explaining technics is really hard. If you said this the first time then i understand hahaha

but anyway, because it worked on same hardware probably the problem is software of Hyperion.NG

did you install dependencies? like

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-util0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev

sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

and for the new type you need this one

sudo apt-get -d install libcec4
    sudo apt-get install libcec4

? i dont know what you did and how, but you can alter the Hyperion.NG settings in WebUI at localIP:8090
    whit this the Json is being rewritten automatically, normally you only have to save this Json config for backup your setup.

Am I doing something wrong/ something missing? Or is it just because NG is still in alpha?

you can't use your Json from Hypercon to import in Hyperion.NG.
    they are completely diffrent!
    import a clean Json into Hyperion.NG again because you have a Json file that is corrupted now in the new program, it will mallfunction or not run at all.

Drawing leds is: (full brightness)

0.049 x 408= 19.992 so 20 amps or 100 watts, only for leds.

So you have no problem use your mean well for the whole setup.

I also would recommend to use a LEDstrip with 2 datalines instead of one with this much lights. Now all the data has to go over only 1 dataline (pwm gpio12) so don't have experience with that but with 2 datalines type LEDstrips like the apa102 everything will run much smoother if you have to steer more then 200 leds.

Goodluck!

• 1 you can make it even with PIzero so no problem, hyperion.ng will support "endless" lights. But, signal on D1 and Clk from gpio's needs to be high enough especially for a large number of LEDs.
    • or only 1 dataline.

• 2 LEDs have a angle of 120 degrees so you can set them in a big angle instead of shining towards the wall. See my setup, I think my clearance from LEDs to wall is 2 Inch
    • You have to think; the further the wall/ the more brightness you need. You can experiment with 30/60/ or 144 leds/mtr. I have 30leds/mtr (in total 130) and this is enough for a small gap from leds to the wall, but the bigger the gap the longer distance so lights will be less strong colours.
    • I like them to be powerfull but thats a preference

• 3 I would use a level shifter in your case because PI can't steer that much leds out of Gpio without noticable lag or not firing at all/flickering on the ledstrip

• 4 my advice is always use one PSU for everything! Much cleaner/easier, because you have a 300watts is no problem to steer all the devices and LEDstrip. Remember to stabilize everything to ground (-) and...... it doesn't matter your PSU is powerful, the device/PI/ledstrip is only drawing amps it needs so doesn't matter. Make sure voltage of PSU isn't exceeding 5 volts! Better to have 4.9 than much to high.

Jeroen, could you post your RGB settings? I have a similar setup, and my brown/tans are no where near what yours is

indeed, i noticed that brown is a difficult colour for the APA102's, but soft colours like beige/pink/lila/lightblue are really nice on the APA102. '
    before i had the WS2801 but this was a good ledstrip in "hard colours" but very very bad in soft colouring..

i saw the difference when i switched to the APA's

deze melding krijg ik bij het installeren van het 3de tekstje

E: Unable to locate package libcec4-dev

sudo apt-get update
    auso apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get -d install libcec4
    sudo apt-get install libcec4

zo zou hij het wel moeten doen, doet ie dat niet dan zijn deze packages libcec4 niet binnengehaald
    ze zeggen hier dat je deze wel nodig kan hebben bij Hyperion.NG 2.09 dus daarom heb ik deze erbij gezet.

Your original response was awesome, great details and very informative ill paste it so the next guy who needs help won't get ridiculed by an admin.

And honestly thanks for your help.

thanks, but just so you know > every admin here is really helpful when it comes to first and second steps.
    maybe he didn't know thats also possible.

when i first started with this i read alot on the internet, and being a technician myself ofcourse helps alot.
    but i first tried myself to do it, some people fire like 10 questions here and also expect responsive answers soon.
    don't forget, info gathered on a forum is free to dump it there is also free so we don't have any responsibility to eachother!

succes with your build man. :)

heb je ook alle dependencies geinstalleerd?

installeer dit eens en test opnieuw, open in je terminal

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libcec4-dev libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-util0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev

sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

kopieren en uitvoeren daarna rebooten van je PI

led-device geeft nu wel online aan met het groene bolletje?

ik zou ook mijn grabber image testen buiten hyperion om,
    en hoe is je boot/start effect? heb je daar ook die flickering op?

als dit allemaal niet helpt/ je PSU goed is dan heb je waarschijnlijk een levelshifter nodig of is je ledstrip misschien defect.
    ik kan er ook niet meer van maken, :) maar laten we eens beginnen met je capture card/grabber image

Is misschien niet echt ideaal omdat het niet goed is lijkt me om telkens de voeding af te sluiten terwijl je systeem draait of kan dat geen kwaad bij een Pi?

kan totaal geen kwaad zelfs, ik schakel de hele boel gewoon met relais en door automatisch script start de PI weer op.

heel simpel en basic maar werkt prima :)