Beiträge von Ambientheater77

btw;

did you run a few commands before installation in the terminal like

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential qtbase5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev python3-dev libcec-dev libxcb-image0-dev libxcb-util0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libavahi-core-dev libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libjpeg-dev libturbojpeg0-dev libssl-dev zlib1g-dev
    sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev

Troubleshooting
    Loopback test
    This can be used to test SPI send and receive. Put a wire between MOSI and MISO. It does not test CE0 and CE1.

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.…ntation/spi/spidev_test.c
    gcc -o spidev_test spidev_test.c
    ./spidev_test -D /dev/spidev0.0
    spi mode: 0
    bits per word: 8
    max speed: 500000 Hz (500 KHz)

FF FF FF FF FF FF
    40 00 00 00 00 95
    FF FF FF FF FF FF
    FF FF FF FF FF FF
    FF FF FF FF FF FF
    DE AD BE EF BA AD
    F0 0D

example of output after command, source https://www.raspberrypi.org/do…raspberrypi/spi/README.md

smothing is off
    I think Hyperbian should work as its only job is to run Hyperion
    I just installed Raspbian on another Raspberry and used python with code from a tuturial to try it out and it also didn´t work

yes i think that too.

only thing you can do is measure GPIO output dataflow, i look up the schematics for you

dat doet Hyperion ook niet, die ontvangt alleen images over netwerkprotocol via poort FLATBUFFER 19400 of PROTO 19445 en zet die om in een aansturing naar de leds.

Voor zover ik kan zien en weet grabt" Hyperion.NG en Hypercon alleen de images/beelden van een interne dispmanx en een externe USB grabber of ontvangt deze via het netwerk vanaf bovenvermelde poorten en protocol.

er zou dan een Hyperion additioneel programma moeten zijn voor Raspbian die je screen "grabt" vanuit je Ubuntu en deze dan verstuurt naar de 19445 server van je hyperion die op je PI draait.
    Hyperion kan wel de aansturing van leds via netwerkprotocol verzenden naar bridges en hubs, naar bijv Wled maar een beeld/image versturen kan Hyperion.NG gewoon niet.

Where is this setting? What is tab remote?
    Is there a program you can recommend?
    Ik, that was the reason why i choose it. I will get a new on from the seller next week.

the setting is on [remote] tab at localip:8090, you can switch modules on or off here.
    Smoothing was causing problems before so maybe this helps to disable and test again.

its also possible your GPIO doesn't want to fire because there is something with authorisations on Hyperion which steers the GPIO outputs.
    however i don't use Hyperbian so i don't know exactly if it sets the config by itself in every build.

hey,

ik heb hier 2 ledstrips parallel aangesloten als kerstverlichting op een 2 x WS2801 4 draads, de ene 2 en de andere 3 meter.
    Dus ja dat kan prima, maar het signaal SPI/PWM is dan al gemaakt dus hoef je geen Hyperion op een 2e PI meer voor te gebruiken.

Dus ja je kan de output op de GPIO parallel gebruiken ( 2 of meer ledstrips) en draadloos verzenden naar Arduino kan waarschijnlijk ook en weer gebruiken als input als zijnde van GPIO en output van Arduino aansluiten op de 2e ledstrip en besturen met 1 Hyperion instantie...
    kwestie van uittesten. :)

There's one thing you can do, check your settings in Hyperion if smoothing is off and see if this helps. You can do this with tab remote.

It's also possible to measure SPI activity on gpio pins with a test program.
    Very weird because WS2801 is the easiest strip there is

Now, I tried a standard 5V 2A Phone power supply which suprisingly has clean 5V and again only the 3rd LED was on and the controling didnt work. I think the LED stripe is broke.

thats the thing with searching for flaws/mallfunction, option out what it isn't and you will end with the thing that is wrong.
    however, that the ledstrip is faulty is possible.

Hi, so corrently I am about to dissable my old PC to get the PSU XD
    Here are some pics to show my current wiring (with the "unclean" power supply, to give a better overview I took the same color for the jumper wires as the wires on the LED stripe

Could it be possible that I destroed the chips by putting to much volts on it?

i looked at your hardware connections, its okay

no not from only 0.5 volts

I have got a “normal” power adapter (amazon above). So i can't really ground it to the raspberry. I have an old pc but i think it is 12V not 5

PSU of a pc have normally 12volts positive 5 volts positive, and 3.3 volt positive lines. Yellow is 12 volts red is 5 volts, orange is 3.3 volts

black is always negative or GND (ground)

Look into what you can do and not what you can't do.
    It always possible to ground your devices.
    and measure your PSU lines then you are shure.

grounding is connecting all GND ( -) connections together on PSU.
    it makes sure that all electronic flow wants to come back to GND which improves electronic devices and currents.