Beiträge von Ambientheater77

De rpi3b ondersteunt toch helemaal
    Geen 4k maar alleen 1080.

dus dat is apart????

ik heb een goede splitter maar die heb ik niet aangesloten. Ik heb de pi4 direct op de tv aangesloten icm ws2801 ledjes 5v 15a voeding

nee je snapt niet wat ik zei. er gaat ALLEEN maar 1080p richting Hyperion ná die splitter, en die splitter heb je sowieso nodig denk ik.

vertel eens precies wat je setup is, dan lees ik het morgen wel

sorry to bust in this thread, but been there done that > create a image and burn it onto new SD card, i've tried that several times even with the exact same SD card and cloning my card to the new one. Didn't work with cloning/burning program, so good luck with that and i mean that ;)

Nice man. Mijn ambilight werkt ook weer zoals voorheen naar behoren.

enkel met 4k content krijg ik geen signaal op mijn tv. Dus bij 4k films zet ik de ambilight uit helaas.

begreep dat het bij sommigen wel is gelukt, maar niemand die me kan vertellen hoe ze het hebben gefixt.

ik heb het bij een vriend gemaakt en die 4K werkt gewoon.

setup;
    RPI 3b
    Debian buster full
    APA102 leds 60/mtr 5 meter strip
    PSU 18 A 5 volts
    HDMI splitter ( deze werkt echt geweldig bij ons) https://xolorspace.com/product…th-downscaler-4k-to-1080p
    1080P HDMI grabber, goedkoop type op amazon

dan heb je niet de goede splitter>>
    deze heeft dipswitches zodat je zelf de output op HDMI 2 kan bepalen. werkt geweldig en heel goede kwaliteit. HDMI 1 output is niet in te stellen en geeft ALTIJD 4K door voor naar je tv.
    Die vriend heeft wél 4K input geprobeerd en ging prima icm Hyperion alleen waren de kleuren op de grabber en leds wat vaal, maar dat is een algemeen 4K probleem welke je met die aparte "fork"van Hyperion kan oplossen.

it seems you can control the ledstrips with different controllers, PWM and SPI. I've read that PWM uses a lot of CPU power and SPI therefor is much better to use, PWM is a sinus signal with high and low frequencies and is used for common connections to the PI such as temperaturemeters. If i read a lot about this i didn't see much people that succesful used this PWM controller on the PI. SPI was possible somebody on the forum said > see this thread, maybe it helps https://hyperion-project.org/t…-on-gpio18-possible.3426/

scratch all that, i am wrong > if i see schematics of the PI forum https://tutorials-raspberrypi.…pi-ws2812-rgb-led-strips/
    then it seems GPIO 18 is correct so i don't know anymore, i only have experience with the 4 lines strips so sorry to steer you the wrong way.

i really was under the assumption that SPI 0 was correct to use but it seems it isn't, it's PWM controller?

https://hyperion-project.org/t…6812-to-work-somehow.895/

I've been thinking about the need for a levelshifter, but so far I've skipped it. Now that you are telling me GPIO18 (pin12) is supposed to give 3.3 volts... Why am I getting such low Voltage? This might solve my problem O_O

SPI device is on diffrent GPIO's , you can see that on schematics. You are measuring on a input/output of the PI!! thats doesnt work, its not a SPI device/controller output'

i think you need PIN 19/21/23 to make it work > combination of 19/23 or 21/23 > thats GPIO 9/10 and 11

thats between a dataline and CLK line if you have 4 trails on the strip.

Because it was cheap and it should work with it, and as I'm trying to make it all take as little place on the back of the TV's I figured out it would be good enough to use it. Why would I want to use a more powerful board when the ZeroW should be good enough? Are there some other functions that should be ther?

RPI3 is much more powerfull than the first type, you can look that up yourself,

And Thank you. Such a simple thing made it go form software to hardware.

you know that the pin-out for a PI1/zero is really diffrent than what i have on RPI3. I used schematics from internet on PI forum and Hyperion to locate the pin-out. I don't know which GPIO it should be on a ZERO or PI1, you can find that really easy. but it seems that or; pinout is wrong/datasignals is mixed or; SPI device is NOT running or selected

Dus 2 kabels zitten in de OUT van je receiver. Een naar de tv hdmi ingang en 1 naar de rpi

en de overige apparaten op de ingang van de receiver?

ik heb nu een upgrade gedaan, 1 x output vanaf mijn receiver > input op HDMI 4K splitter van XOLORspace > daarvan output HDMI 1 op tv , output HDMI 2 naar RCA converter etc.

just make a clean install of Hyperion.NG >> don't make any changes into the software and test your ledstrip with testscript from adafruit. If the script runs and ledstrip fails you have a hardwareproblem and its NOT the software. The one i have is Buster full OS with the first HYperion.NG version 1 béta and works perfect on WS2801. I've build a second system for my friend last weekend with RPI3b Hyperion.NG 2.08 and 300 APAleds, worked in one time. Really the problem is you probably, not the software.

i think after reading everything, you are to much into fixxing mode when its not necessary to be. If you install Hyperion.NG the correct way ( asuming that you did) it should run by itself. Why are you using a "old" type of PI and not like a RPI3 or even 4, that would be my first question. SPI device is only 2 GPIO pins on raspberry, they contain data and reset functions, output of those pins have to be approximately 3.3 volts. You can connect the ledstrip directly to the GPIO pins, mostly it will work without a levelshifter ( that will boost datasignal to the strip) Make sure you grounded everything RPI/ledstrip/PSU. You can if you connected the ledstrip IN A GOOD MANNER you can test it with a testscript from adafruit, there you put in ledcount and the script can be run into commandline or putty.

you can adjust the white "gamma" settings, it will affect all colors and the white, you also can adjust brighteness level, default its on 100 but will affect all colors

Thank you, will order Wemos then, do I need anything more ?

you can connect the lights directly to the GPIO pins ( SPI device) of the PI > its for 95% of the time no problem and will work. Ground everything to each other so pi to ledstrip/ ledstrip to powersupply/ powersupply to PI. Without a levelshifter it can work, the GPIO is able to put out 3,3 volts of dataline while the ledstrip wants to have 3.5 volts.