Beiträge von BuzzBazz

i think after reading everything, you are to much into fixxing mode when its not necessary to be. If you install Hyperion.NG the correct way ( asuming that you did) it should run by itself.

See, that's the problem I have been having. I flash the SD card, run update, then upgrade, install hyperion and it fails to load. After redoing it all but with installing cec-utils after there were a ton of errors popping up with the pi and settings not set. Setting them Hyperion started, but no lights.

Why are you using a "old" type of PI and not like a RPI3 or even 4, that would be my first question.

Because it was cheap and it should work with it, and as I'm trying to make it all take as little place on the back of the TV's I figured out it would be good enough to use it. Why would I want to use a more powerful board when the ZeroW should be good enough? Are there some other functions that should be ther?

SPI device is only 2 GPIO pins on raspberry, they contain data and reset functions, output of those pins have to be approximately 3.3 volts.

Using a multimeter I get 4.96V on both 5V pins (pin2 & pin4) and 3.2V on the 3V pin (pin1). GPIO 18 (pin12) gives me 0.0025V.

You can connect the ledstrip directly to the GPIO pins, mostly it will work without a levelshifter ( that will boost datasignal to the strip) Make sure you grounded everything RPI/ledstrip/PSU.

I've been thinking about the need for a levelshifter, but so far I've skipped it. Now that you are telling me GPIO18 (pin12) is supposed to give 3.3 volts... Why am I getting such low Voltage? This might solve my problem O_O

You can if you connected the ledstrip IN A GOOD MANNER you can test it with a testscript from adafruit, there you put in ledcount and the script can be run into commandline or putty.

That I have. Almost everything is soldered. And the few connections that are not are still well connected. No problems there.

It works! I have got an other hdmi grabber and it recognises it perfectly. Had to set the resolution to 800x600 because of lag but nog it's fine! I used this one: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…269583.0.0.498579f7kjaNAu

Ooh, pretty :D I'll add that to my list of items for when I get a 4K upgrade. Thx.

I have no idea how to do that lol, I'm sorry. I just followed the steps of dr. Zzz exactly and got some info from the comment section under that video. What is the problem you have?

My problem is that all three of the PiZero's I bought for this will not send data to the lights. I've been trying to follow Dr.Zzz's video too, but I had to do way to much addons for it to run Hyperion. That's why I was wondering if you could dump the SD card you have working so I could try that image to see if that fixes my "no lights worko" problem.
    If you follow THIS GUIDE you should be able to create a "image/img" file of your SD card, then I'll send you a link to a GoogleDrive folder you can upload it to.

Quick question Soundcrusher:
    Do you have a way to image and upload your copy of the sd-card? I'm having problems myself, and would love to try running a known working setup.

For the HDMI grabber problem, I've wasted cash on 2x USB to HDMI (both have a microscilin chip) and 2x HDMI splitters, where only one splitter works, and while both USB dongles are detected, they don't show any video. At least the live view does not show what is on screen.
    Having said that, I have now wasted even more cash on these two, a UTV007 USB to HDMI and a Y & H capture card. Both have been stated to be "100% working with hyperion" so since I "wasted" money on the ones that *maybe* don't work, we'll see if when the new parts arrive maybe those work. One for 4K is on the backburner as I don't own a 4K TV yet, but if anyone is interested, THIS ONE should again "100% work with Hyperion". Most of, if not all info has come from Dr.Zzz on youtube and his comment section.

I will try your setting as well just to see if something you have running makes my stuff running. Hopefully we can get the leds working. Trying to build a full frame for people to 3D print, get and cut some cheap planks to hang on the back of any TV.
    Most of all I'm trying to get this all to work before Christmas as I'm building one for my mother.

Alright, I have finally got Hyperion running on a clean install of RaspberryOS lite.
    I followed Dr.zZz's video, but had to edit some things.
    It is now working and booting and I can access the WebGui.
    There is still no power to the lights. They never blink or anything.

I do have another question about this line though:

Code
    2020-10-25T20:41:00.640Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (ProviderSpi.cpp:46:init()) _spiDataInvert [0], _spiMode [0]

Last time I tested MISO/MOSI it ran on "spiMode 4", does this matter? Or should it just work as is?
    Still don't understand why it isn't producing power/data to the LED's.

Is there a way to produce a debug/verbose output from the Pi to add here? If that would help.

Log:

The best thing to do is to reinstall Hyperion.
    If you only operate the sk6812 as LEDs, you don't need a second instance.

https://prnt.sc/v6kjvm

Ah okay, so that is why it's doing that. Thank you :)
    I've been at it all day trying to follow Dr.zZz on youtube, but where I get HyperBian to boot and run Hyperion, Dr.zZz's tutorial will not lett me access "IpOfYourPI:8090".
    Will try a few more times switching between mac and windows to see what works.
    Thank you again.

we try to help in our spare time, dont charge anything, try to support everyone here...and than such people like you fuck up everything....if you now everything better than the hyperion team, why you asking buddy?

enough for today, go help your self

Yes, and for that specific reason I've read up on the forums so I don't ask stupid, already solved questions, so you as an Administrator of said forums would have to do as little as possible, so you have more time to help others that require more help than me.

How is me pointing out I followed a tutorial, things not working, here is my config, what may be wrong?
    Then you tell me that I "fuck up everything"?? I don't understand.

are you serious?? hmmm...which logs should i ask for?

You do understand that I posted all the logs I could give, so unless you specify another different log file I can not give you what you didn't ask for.

you can try what you want, but hypercon is for hyperion(classic) and has absolut nothing to do with hyperion.ng, there are tooooo many changes

I hope you realize that I said I looked at it to learn, as I am fully aware that it is deprecated. I'm trying to do as much of a crash-course in this as I can.

learn to read the whole config....you set your led device as "file" which writes only the led data into a file, but you output it to "dev/null".... so what you expect? everything works fine...

you can try what you want, if you do not setup your shit right, nothing will happen...

I hope you realise that this file only comes from a clean Hyperbian file. All I have done to it is add SSH, add wps_suppicant.conf, change LED's from "debug file" to SK6812spi and set the 190, then connect the things.
    If there is a "null" file that is somewhere it should not be it is not on me as I can't edit that, and there is no way for me to know that that would be a problem. God knows how many random "null" files that get used to avoid memory leaks, how can you expect me to know that before learning it? I'm asking for help, by giving as much of info before having to do this back and forth, not wanting to make myself feel like crap. That I can get form the ex.

How can you say I fuck up everything?? I follow all the tutorials, there is no way I could have fucked up.
    Everything hardware is as it should be, and from what I have understood there is problems with software, I have read through the forum for the past 2 weeks trying to troubleshoot before asking any questions and when I do I provide as much info as I can so it will be easier for the people that can help to understand and help from there, and you tell me I'm fucking up everything?? How does that work?

I don't know what Raspberry you are running, but I see SPI0 and SPI1, signal test responds on SPI0, but not SPI1. Editing the test signal test responds on SPI1 and not SPI0. That leads me to believe there are two SPI.
    So please, refrain from calling someone giving as much info he can, stupid and clueless, when he has never worked with this before, is trying to learn. Being called clueless because of unknown information is like laughing at children dying from starvation when you are on the food truck that's supposed to give them lifesaving food, but don't.
    Why? Please explain a little better how I hurt you so we can get past it. I'm asking for help with software as I don't fully understand all of it. I am learning as fast as I can.

Just post the complete WebUI log.

I did:

From clean boot:

I can ask then, Anyone that has SK6812 RGBW LED's working on the latest Hyperion? if so, send me your config and we can see if that boots the lights.

can you provide logs with the right type of device please...

Please specify what logs you are looking for.
    I have tried with some different config files for ws2812spi and I tried to see if I could learn anything from Hypercon’s config file, but no luck.

Log files that I have sendt should contain something about why, but reading through them, they do not.

I am going to try with a different OS on a spare SD-card to see if I can get it to work with that, but again, same problem occurs on all 3 PiZero I bought for this. 2x PiZero 1.3 and 1x PiZW.

But for whatever reason it seems like data is just dead... if there was a way to manually edit what GPIO pin data gets sent through, maybe I could get it to work, but as far as I can see that was an option in a previous build, but no longer.

No. All I did was run Hyperion. Add the lights and and then done. It, does not give boot lights, it does not give idle «demo mode» lights. No input on capture card (shows up as Microsillin chip, but still lists dev/video0 & dev/video1; nether give picture) and static image from internal capture, but still no lights.

From clean boot:

I should probably add that I have gone through most, if not all threads that contain my problem without finding a solution. I will try different distributions of RasPi and Hyperion if that can solve the problem, but intil now Hyperbian has been the only one I could get Hyperian working on.

Parts:
    RasPi ZeroW
    16GB SD-Card With HyperBian
    SK6812 RGBW (60 LED's/meter)
    1K Ohm Resistor
    30A 5V PSU
    Cheap HDMI Splitter
    Cheap HDMI to USB capture card
    Ton of cables, solder and 3D printed brackets.

Ordered everything from AliExpress. Ran a RasPiZero1.3 at first and got frustrated with all the hubs and cables. Also, I payed 15$ x2 for two Pi Zero. Found that out the hard way.
    Anyway, I could not get Hyperion NG to work with the latest Raspberry OS, so I switched to Hyperbian and now it boots and Hyperion:8090 works fine.

For whatever reason it will not power on my lights. No demo mode, no nothing.
    I've tried using internal capture and USB capture, but neither produce data/power to the LED's.
    For that reason I have a SP501 to test if the lights work, and they do, just not with the Pi.
    I've also added a small strip just to see if the power-draw was too much, still no power.
    Full frame has 60 LED's Top and Bottom and 35 Left and Right.
    Small strip has just 29 LED's.

All soldering is great and I've tested the SPI with MOSI/MISO, and they do transfer data, just not data or power to the LED's.
    I have ordered a different USB capture card as I don't get a picture when hitting "Live View", but the card does show up in the list of devices and is selectable, but as one was dead, and the other is only giving me HDMI passthrough I might have to order a slightly more expensive one if the UTV007 HDMI to USB does not work as well.

Can someone tell me if I messed up somewhere? Why isn't the lights powering on with Hyperion?