Beiträge von Mo Jo

Hey there Awawa,
    I just switched from Hyperion to your 12.0.0 release of HyperHDR because I wasn't able to get accurate colors. With your release I instantly got these so thanks! :)

But I've got two problems which I cannot seem to solve:
    1. With Hyperion whenever I plugged in the power everything would start up automatically within 30 seconds and the Ambilight worked. With HyperHDR I always have to turn the LED device off and on again from the remote control panel.
    2. I just don't know how this is possible but since I've switched to HyperHDR whenever it is turned on my WLAN just falls apart. My TV only gets enough bandwith to play everything in 480p, the smartphones aren't able to load anything properly and the Ambilight also receives a massive delay of 5+ seconds. My PC which is connected by LAN isn't affected at all. I didn't have any of these problems with Hyperion so it can't be a hardware problem I guess?

Is there anything I could do to fix that? Especially the second problem because it is unusable as it is right now but the colors sucked with normal Hyperion so I don't want to go back.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for your hard work!
    Best regards

Ok great sounds good I will go with the Rpi4 and . I am really looking forward to making this build and your software work! :) Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Thanks again for your fast answer! :)

You convinced me that the investion is worth it!

I just saw that a Pi 4 is only 3€ more expensive. Is your software working even better when using a Pi 4 instead of the Pi 3 because it has much higher cpu performance and 1 GB more RAM? Or are they any compatibility problems?

Thanks in advance!

It's a single core CPU so don't expect fireworks but MJPEG and YUYV decoding is still faster than in the mainstream. It's a very old benchmark before few signification optimization from next versions but you can see what to expect on single core for MJPEG that is most problematic for decoding: SDR & HDR 1080p/4k capable setup with Hyperion-NG for Media Center

Thanks for your fast answer! :)

So with your older version this benchmark was created with I'd have to expect around 80ms of latency with a Pi Zero if using 800x600 and 10fps, right?
    This might have decreased a little bit since you've done a lot of work on your software since then. Comparing these results to your RPI 3 benchmarks using 30 fps and 1024x768 you get 208ms with single core but with your enabled multi core and HyperHDR instead of Hyperion only 19 ms and full 30fps.

So in conclusion, by using a Pi 3 instead of a Zero I get enabled multi core, can use a higher resolution (1024x768 instead of 800x600), get higher fps (30 instead of 10) and the latency is only a quarter?

Then I have one last question, do you think these improvements are worth the 25€ price difference because I have no idea how to interpret these better results.
    Only the much faster latency is something I can get my mind around. At least in games the difference between 20ms and 80ms is really noticable. If it's the same here I think it's already worth it. But I also saw someone using only using 480 x 360 with the Pi Zero and the final colour results seemed to be fine too.

Thanks so much in adance and for all your help!
    Best regards :)

PC media player in my setup really doesn't matter. It works for any player that outputs HDR or BT2020 or even old SDR (for faster multithreading processing without tone mapping) content that is captured by the grabber and processed on Rpi (or also on Windows in the latest build).

Thanks! :) I will go your route but I will use this grabber and a Raspberry Pi Zero W. That should work without any major latency increases, right? :)

Fixed now. And check "Hyperion Setup Showcase" subforum ;)

Thanks! :)
    But your build is only if you use a PC right? I am looking for a solution for my 4k HDR 60HZ TV with only a RPI, Splitter, HDMI Grabber etc. Do you know anything which I could copy?

@Davy For lag testing on HDR content here you have one:
    [MEDIA=streamable]wyspuy[/MEDIA]
    and grabber is set to much higher resolution then in samples from this post without any decimation. And yes, resolution does matter for the quality.

Wait that looks awesome! I would really like to take a look at your full build but sadly I am not allowed to view your profile and therefore your threads. Can you link it here if you posted your setup somewhere else before? :)

Is the Raspberry 3 needed or can I go with the PI Zero W?

So I need:
    Raspberry Pi
    LED Strips
    LED Power Supply
    Arduino Nano
    HDMI Capture Card
    + the two splitters you mentioned

right?

Hello, Vassilli,
    i am also currently looking for a solution for 4k HDR with 60Hz and stumbled across this post. Your solution seems to be exactly what I was looking for!
    Would you be so kind and give me a complete list of your hardware? I would then copy your setup and make sure I buy something that really works.
    I would be very grateful for that!
    Many thanks in advance!
    Best regards