Beiträge von pewter77

Hey All,

So I created a new docker file for this for anyone interested.
    Right now it's x86 only but if you know what you're doing you can change the dockerfile to armv6/v7 easily.
    I've tested using following:

• Unraid, 6.9 RC2
    • DVB LibreELEC drivers installed through CA
    • Sharing /dev/video0 as a device to docker
    • WLED in use because simplest for me and only needs 1 wire!

you can probably get this working with a RPi if you add /dev/gpiomem and change the build for armv6/v7 but I haven't tested it yet so YMMV.
    I do plan on doing a couple things

• Adding in multiple architectures
    • Uploading to Docker Hub

But I'm new to deployment practices and trying to figure out best practices for that

https://github.com/pewter77/docker-hyperhdr

Cheers,
    Pewter

Ah perfect, then I can set it up similar to other dockers and create a data folder and mount it that way.
    Might try in the future to create a multi-architecture docker file for this like ls.io dockers (mainly to see how it's done) but if anyone has more expertise than me that would appreciated. My docker is 500+ MB at the moment, so not exactly lightweight but not terrible.

Where is the config for Hyperion? I modified the dockerfile for x64 and instead used debian slim, but I can't find where the config file is to make it persistent, once I delete the container all my configuration is lost. If possible I'll probably try to build an alpine docker image if I get the time though would appreciate someone that had the expertise because I don't right now and it will take a while!

For anyone curious:

• Using Unraid 6.9 rc2 (nice) NAS on wired ethernet
    • Installed DVB plugins for USB Grabber Drivers through community apps (requires 6.9 beta35 or later)
    • Attaching USB Grabber device to Docker through /dev/video0
    • NodeMCU esp8266 device behind WLAN behind TV (surprised at how well this works, completely synced with no delay)

Before I was using a PI, but this way allows me to hide the wires easily. I only need the WLED and the strip with one power supply and no dangling wires to a Pi4. One wire to hide on back of TV and the raspberry pi can do other things... though not sure what right now haha. I might put Hassio on it instead of in a docker to keep the uptime manageable and separate from NAS projects but I'm not a big fan of how long it takes to reboot that particular one...