Beiträge von Anton

Okay I had to do a crazy thing in EXACTLY this order to get it to work again. I do not know why, so maybe this is worth a bug report.

• LEDs are all off
    • Turn on LightBerry APA102 Modus

• Save the settings
    • Turn off LightBerry APA102 Modus

• Save the settings
    • Your LEDs should turn on
    • Every second LED suddenly has a different color: Red, skip one, green, skip one, blue (no movement)

• WHILE you have this weird pattern on your LEDS do the following

• Go to Dashboard
    • Press Deactivate Instance
    • Press Activate Instance
    • Suddenly RGBs turn to the setup sequence of hyperion(rainbow swirl) and LEDs are addressible again.

I figured this out by furiously clicking around :D

i think, but don't know for sure that the only reason this happens is a corrupt Json file > maybe there's 2 diffrent USB ports there in config.

what i would try; try your old backup Json file alternate it with good settings and import it into Hyperion, then make sure in device manager there's no USB port that shouldn't be there left and restart Hyperion service and pc :)

I made a diff on the old and the new config file, the only difference is the enabled boblightServer and the COM5 -> COM7 change.

The Device Manger looks clean.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I replugged my Arduino Leonardo to another USB Port (was COM5 before, is COM7 now) - plugging back into the old USB-Port does not solve the isse.

Now when I connect the Arduino Leonardo to the USB I only get the white flashing twice (Adalight setup sequence), but Hyperion does not seem to be able to send data to the LEDs anymore and it just stays dark.

Here are my configs:

Any clue what might be causing this?

Many thanks in advance!

Setup

Edit: Also tried with another USB cable and another Arduino (Mega 2560), same problem. Two white flashes (ALL LEDs) on boot, then darkness.

I couldn't find the config folder so I ran the uninstaller and then deleted the leftover Hyperion Folder in C:/ProgramFIles/
    With the fresh install of the new artifact I got the new Option DirectX9 (next to QT). Also my settings were kept, so I believe I did not get the configs to reset properly)
    Using DX9 results in stutter of moving windows, as you can see in the videos here.
    The first video is with hyperion DX9 capture on. The second one is with hyperion off.
    I am running on a 144hz screen and the windows have some noticeable "stutter" when you move them. Is there some way to make it more smooth?

Thank you for your reply @Paulchen-Panther
    I installed the new version. While installing I had the Warning PATH too long installer unable to modify PATH.
    The dropdown now only shows QT as the option type (all others are gone). The screen is not getting captured at all now.
    Effects do work fine though.
    Any clue what I am doing wrong?

Hello Hyperion Community,

First of all, thank you so much for developing this software! I did the switch from AmbiBox to Hyperion a couple of days ago and I have to say, Hyperion feels much more thought through than AmbiBox.

I am running the Hyperion.ng Adalight Script on an Arduino Leonardo connected to 274 WS2812B LEDs.
    The Arduino Leonardo is also connected to my PC via USB.
    Now to my issue/question: On the Plattform Capture I can only get the "QT" Type to actually capture my screens. Any other (like XCB) is not working (Live Video shows nothing).

The issue I have (and why I want to try another capture type) is, that using QT makes my mouse cursor flicker and causes some stuttering (Frametimes) while playing games and having Hyperion with QT selected on. Using something like a static white color works fine (no performance impact), but obviously having dynamic ambient light would be much better :)

Am I misunderstanding something about the Platform Capture types / how can I get e.g. XCB to work?

Many thanks in advance for your time and help.

Kind regards
    Setup