Beiträge von Bboy486

Bboy486 I would suggest you start exploring with a "standard" setup-up (e.g. systemd) and then increase the complexity.
    Let us check what was the systemd problem before...

Given that your posts are distributed via Discord and here, it might be beneficial for everybody to outline your setup, configuration and problem (incl. log)s
    and we have a fresh start exploring the situation from there.

The sudo /usr/bin/hyperiond -d & actually worked. Thank you. For the remaining issues I am happy to post if you tell me where to do and what specifically you need.

MY SETUP

Hyperion running on a P4

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

sudo apt-get autoremove

sudo rpi-update

wget https://github.com/hyperion-pr…-alpha.9-Linux-armv7l.deb

sudo dpkg -i Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9-Linux-armv7l.deb

sudo apt-get install -f

sudo reboot

sudo apt install ./Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9-Linux-armv7l.deb

chmod +x start_hyperion_as_service.sh

////

[Unit] Description=Hyperion ambient light systemd service for user After=network.target

[Service] ExecStart= /bin/bash /storage/downloads/Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.4-Linux-armv7hf/bin/start_hyperion_as_service.sh #WorkingDirectory=/storage/downloads/Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.4-Linux-armv7hf/share/hyperion/bin </search/%23WorkingDirectory%3D%2Fstorage%2Fdownloads%2FHyperion-2.0.0-alpha.4-Linux-armv7hf%2Fshare%2Fhyperion%2Fbin%0D%0A> TimeoutStopSec=5 KillMode=mixed Restart=on-failure RestartSec=5 [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target

////

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl start hyperion-ng.service

sudo systemctl status hyperion-ng.service

systemctl enable hyperion-ng.service

sudo killall hyperiond /usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion.config.json &lt;/dev/null &gt;/dev/null 2&gt;&amp;1 &amp; hyperion-remote --effect "Rainbow swirl fast" --duration 3000

sudo reboot

journalctl -u hyperion.service

systemctl status hyperiond@pi.service

sudo /usr/bin/hyperiond

/etc/hyperion.config.json &lt;/dev/null &gt;/dev/null 2&gt;&amp;1 &amp;

sudo hyperion-remote --effect "Rainbow swirl fast" --duration 3000

I then setup flask with a .sh file running in /home/pi called hyperion.sh to run hyperion with Hubitat to automate it turning on when a virtual device turns on.

curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo bash -

sudo apt install nodejs

node --version

npm install pm2@latest -g

sudo touch hyperion.sh

sudo nano hyperion.sh

///////

export FLASK_APP=~webcore/hyperionstart.py

export FLASK_ENV=development

flask run --host=IP of RPi

//////

sudo chmod 755 hyperion.sh

pm2 start hyperion.sh

pm2 start bashscript.sh

pm2 start python-app.py --watch

pm2 start binary-file -- --port 1520

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install python-pip

sudo pip install python-dotenv

sudo pip install flask

mkdir webcore

cd webcore

touch hyperionstart.py

sudo nano hyperionstart.py

I'll try that. A few things for clarification.

1. I start via raspcontroller via tasker as it gives me control to start via home automation. But even if I start from a computer command line the leds freezes -- even leaving the computer running. On raspi I have it continue in background but they still freeze.

2. I tried to have it start via systemd but it I get a failed to connect message.

3. Since I have the raspcontroller running in background it should continue unless I interrupt or kill the process, either if which I have done. I'll try & and see if that helps. I also use flask so it starts (home automation without needing raspcontroller). Basically when the tv turns on flask runs hyperion.py file which runs the command in raspcontroller. (I just added the & per your instructions).

Following up from the discord.

My instance of hyperion stops working after a period of time (nothing that follows a pattern).

I have to manual run the command to kill and restart hyperion for the lights to start working again. However, after that it will repeat this behavior.

WS2818 + Rpi4

I use sudo /usr/bin/hyperiond -d to start and log via Raspcontroller.

[MEDIA=pastebin]yxLHAYMC[/MEDIA]

When the lights stay on it seems to happen at random. The picture is fine but the lights freeze. Turning off the led from the gui doesn't work nor does the instance. I have to sudo killall hyperiond (Raspicontroller apk) and then sudo /usr/bin/hyperiond -d

I can't use the led on and off in the gui because it doesn't work. The led toggle doesn't do anything per my comment above.

It looks like hyperion crashes and the gui shows a lost connection so I can't see the log before it crashes.

[MEDIA=pastebin]Rbqar8C9[/MEDIA]

Sorry for the delay. Please note I added the wled led as my first instance.
    [MEDIA=pastebin]1Scifv8S[/MEDIA]

My setup
    purchased this from Amazon

My setup is TV to HDMI in on Yamaha AVR.

All peripherals plug into HDMI 1 through 5.

The usb capture card - Capture card
    goes from AVR HDMI out to in on the card then out on the card to pi. That gets the lights to work at 1080p.

Adding in the splitter I get no picture and the lights no longer work.

The setup with the splitter is TV into hdmi in on splitter.

usb capture card onto hdmi out 1.
    HDMI out 2 goes to HDMI in of the receiver.

There is currently a known issue that Hue devices do not turn-on again when "switch off on black is enabled":

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/930

Please disable the following and check, if this workaround helps you for the moment:

Note: You should have Alpha 9 installed for the workaround.

Thanks I'm on 2.0.0-alpha.9.

I did that for my hue instance. I'll update this thread if the problem isn't resolved.

I am using Hyperbian on RPi4 with the setup below. The issue is two-fold

1. When I pause a show/movie hyperion stops (this is good) but when I resume it does not turn back on. I have to stop and start the instance (either through the GUI or command line). Is there an option I am missing to set hyperion to start on resume

2. Hyperion does not automatically start when my AVR/TV is turned on. I am sure there is an option and I am not seeing it.

My setup is as follows
    4K TV to HDMI In.
    Nvidia shield (4:4:4 4K) to HDMI 3
    HDMI out to which goes to a raspberry pi running hyperion.