Beiträge von Akriss

but if there is possibility to have every other LED lit that would be great

But then your making a 72 led per meter strip out of a 144 led strip. They are sellers of 72 led per meter strips, Would it not be easier to get a different count led strip, say a 60 led per meter (which I think is more then enough for ambient TV lights) and save the 144 strip for another project?

Just my 2cents.

With one of my HDMI2AV converters it depends on where the hdmi is plugged in on the port. Try swapping the outputs.

Hope its of help.

Edit sorry I meant HDMI Splitter Not the Hdmi2av converter. Sorry.
    Edit 2: Spliter usually clones the resolution from one of the ports to the other. and if the Hdmi2av converter. in on the "master" port the slave port will be at the same lower resolution.

It's normal.

No need for Hyperion to analyze a full rez picture to get the general colors on the edge of the screen.

If you want Hyperion to analyze a better resolution, Adjusting the "Size decimation" on the General/capture page under "USB Capture" will do that.

However, the higher the resolution the more CPU cycles it takes to analyze.

Hope it's of help.

Since I'm using Hyperion.ng, my understanding there is no hyperion.config.json. Is there something else I can post?

You can get your currant config by going to the web interface, under Configuration/General page,. There you can export the config file to your PC and then edit it if needed then import it back.

Hope it helps.

On a side note:
    Web interface of .NG is just Soooo easy. Thanks Dev's
    =)

It could be (maybe) resistance from the RCA cable. Resistance would cause a degradation of signal.
    Try a shorter cable or shorten current cable if able.

Hope it helps.

@Akriss i think there is a perfomance issue with the esp OR maybe a power issue? changing the leds needs to much power from the PSU, are the leds and wemos at the same PSU? maybe a capacitor could help?

Most likely!

I thought as well. So I've ordered a bunch of (https://github.com/srg74/WLED-…eld/tree/master/resources ) PCB board and enough parts to assemble. 10 pieces of the Ver .92 board. (Sigh. . he has ver .93 now. . . . Ordered 10 of the .93 board as well, $1(US) per PCB board it's cheap

The .92 board and parts where delivered a few days ago. Probably a Sunday project.
    I well try his esp32 board as well at some point. ( https://github.com/srg74/Controller-for-WLED-firmware)
    Edit: oops i meant This(QuinLED-Dig-Uno) esp32 board ( https://quinled.info/2018/09/15/quinled-dig-uno/)

hat jemand apa102?

I converted the esp2866/wemos module I made for Scilor's code ( https://hyperion-project.org/t…hyperion.3004/#post-12415 )

I just had to change pin assignment (in file NpbWrapper.h):

Code
    #if defined(USE_APA102) || defined(USE_WS2801) || defined(USE_LPD8806)
    #define CLKPIN 14   <-CHANGED
    #define DATAPIN 13   <-CHANGED
    #if BTNPIN == CLKPIN || BTNPIN == DATAPIN
      #undef BTNPIN  // Deactivate button pin if it conflicts with one of the APA102 pins.
    #endif

Although I do not have it in use with Hyperion at the moment.
    However, its working well and with the Level buffer/shifter I have yet to see any flickering.

Nevermind i see flickering with brightness change as well.

Alpha releases available

I some how missed Alpha One.
    My last git build was on done on Feb. 10.
    Alpha Two works well. (running on Rpi3 usb grabber. .etc)
    I used the .deb packages to install.
    Having some trouble compiling my own. I'll figure it out however.

It's working very well.

Many thank to the Hyperion dev team.

Am I able to replace the Arduino Nano inside with an RPi 0 W?

Technically yes, A Rpi0 can drive Leds by its self. However if the kit comes with a Arduino Nano, Use it. Its a great way to drive the leds. Even more so then with just the Rpi0 alone.

This way would work like this:
    Android grabber app on shield sends screen info to Hyperion, via network.

Hyperion running on Rpi0 receives screen info and magic happens;) and sends led info to Arduino Nano, via usb.
    And freeing up resources on the Rpi as well as a bonus.

Arduino Nano decodes what Hyperion sends it, via usb. And pass's it along to the led's attached directly to GPIO pin on the nano.

Hope that make sense and helps.

Didn't know such kits existed. So at this point should I buy both of the kits and simply replace the black box with the one you linked to? Since I'll be still needing a power supply and the leds?

Sure. One way of doing it.

Btw I know I said no RPi earlier. But could the RPi 0 W ($10) be a simpler solution than the custom WeMo shield above? Or is there no way to run WLED on RPi's wifi chip? (not 8266 as I recall)

Well if that kit has a Arduino Nano in it. Yes you can use a Rpi and that kit. So no wifi between that point. Both well need to be near the TV. TV's usb should be able to power a nano, but probably not the Rpi0w. However, you may need to flash the nano with correct firmware. https://github.com/hyperion-pr…firmware/arduino/adalight

Hope it helps.

I've seen those led box's popping up. Never bought one, no clue to it's workings.

I would use WLED (https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED) to drive the led's instead of that kit. It would replace what ever that kits controller box is. Especially if your using HASS and you want to do a wifi Hyperion setup. just my 2cents.

You can use this kit (www.tindie.com/products/jasoncoon/wemos-d1-mini-esp8266-led-level-shifter-shield/) to make a WLED/Hyperion receiver, Just need to change pin assignments in WLED for the kit.

Setup would be something like:
    Hyperion running on your VM.
    It receives data from the android grabber via network ip.
    WLED to receive the led data that Hyperion sends via network UDP.

However his is not a beginners setup and you will need to do a good amount of reading to setup WLED and all the network connections to and from all the components.

Would this work? Would I be able to power the LEDs, Arduino, and its wifi shield off the 5v USB from TV?

No chance.
    TV usb outputs 1amp max.
    You are going to need about 10amps to drive a strip of 180 -/+ leds alone.

Hope its useful.

Going by this:

Both grabbers are now giving me exactly the same problems albeit different from the original post

It may be the hdmi to av converter causing the problem.

Try plugging the usb capture in something that outputs video to RCA av. Any old vcr, video cam recorder or a game console would work. And see the how it looks.

Hope its of help.

Is you broadcast region PAL or NTSC?

It looks kinda like a mismatch.
    In hyperion.config is the line to change if needed.

Code
    "standard" : "PAL",

And there is a switch on the hdmi to av converter for PAL/NTSC. Some converters have the switch label reversed. So keep that in mind as well.

Hope its of help.

System log files reside in the directory "/var/log".

kern.log might show whats happening. Look for usb related lines and errors lines.
    It's somewhat cryptic but it's where to look for system hardware related info.

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 534d:0021

Does that line differ from when done after a fresh boot? Normally I believe there is additional info in that line.

I suspect that the grabber is overheating and subsequently rebooting. I've added heat sinks to the main chips on all my grabbers. It seems to help, as some of my grabbers feel as if heat is melting the casing somewhat.

Of course it could be just a flaky grabber to begin with. I have a small box with six or so cheap grabbers that work somewhat. It's hit and miss with them.

Hope its of help.

Are you sure the grabber is a utv007 chipset?

ssh in: Jan 21 20:17:07 raspberrypi hyperiond[318]: what(): VIDIOC_S_STD ERROR 25, Inappropriate ioctl for device

This error usually comes from other chipsets.

Enter

Code
    lsusb

on the command prompt on the Pi with the grabber plugged in to glean useful info, and post results.

There should be a result that look like "Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]"