Beiträge von Akriss

I'm no expert. however I think any grounded 3 prong type found at your hardware store should work.

I had a spare computer power supply cord I cutup and attached. It works well.

Your link is unique to your browser. I would remove it and find the generic page that everyone sees.

However, If the supply is just shown as a shiny metal box with a screw block. Then yes you well need a cord.

Yes, only run Hypercon, in your case on the windows pc. You should really create the .json file yourself, there lots of info that others will be guessing on. basically for your .json the "Type" well be "adalight", the "Output" well LIKELY be "/dev/ttyUSB0" and the "Eternal" tab setting will have the Kodi checker enabled and the IP set to the Kodi PC's IP.

Have you programed your arduino with the developers preferred arduino sketch from (https://github.com/hyperion-pr…firmware/arduino/adalight )? It has lots of comments in the sketch for proper configuration. And there is always the [WIKI]HyperCon Guide[/WIKI].

Hope it's helpful.

Yes the target IP is the IP of your RPi. You can find your IP of the Rpi wile logged in to the Pi (via keboard and monitor) with the ifconfig command on a console prompt on the Rpi. Biggles is correct, default SSH port for Raspbian is port 22, that is assuming that you have enabled SSH via raspi-config utility during the OS install of Raspbian. The default username of a Raspbian install is usually "Pi". And the default Raspbian password is "raspberry".

Hope it's of help.

OK curiosity has me again.

You posted your config. And within the config I see you are using a apa102 led strip. Or a least that's what you have Hyperion configured for. I that the led strip you are using?

I took a closer look at your motherboard with the rgb controller. The controller is for 12 volt non-addressable RGB led strips. You may have damaged the apa102 led strip. (if that is the led strip you have.) The apa102 led strip is a 5 volt led strip, and usually do not tolerate over voltage very well.

Pardon me I'm curious as to how you tested the leds "using my PC motherboard and ALL working", How did you power the leds and what did you use to send the timed data signal to the leds to test functionality?

Lot's of good posts on the forum describing the same issues, and suggested fixes. {One resent post here.}

Do you see the test/boot led's on the Arduino upon powering up the Arduino and led's?
    I'm using that sketch with a ws2812 strip and when I power the Arduino and led's, the led's pulse white a couple of times.

just a thought.

@SmilingJack

I not have any sk6812 strips so I'm not 100% sure. So a grain of salt may be needed

I think what you do is load the sketch from github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/tree/master/assets/firmware/arduino and then in the web interface configuration you choose "Adalight" for the controller type.

Hope it helps.

I have found that a higher threshold value work well for me. I have my hyperion set to 10 presently. I normally have it set to 8 however there's a few letter box type movies that work better for me at 10.

Hope it helps.

My novice eyes see a small error.

In the arduino sketch you have "#define SERIALRATE 500000" And in the hyperion .config you have "rate : 115200", those should match. (500000 works for me).

Also I noticed you said you have 142 led's on the strip. However, In the sketch you defined the led count as 156 "#define NUM_LEDS 156". That should be the actual number of led's on the strip you use.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the frame-grabber part is if your running on a RaspberryPi's and not on a pc.

Sorry not much help there, I know =/

That's what I call an “Orange out”. It comes from voltage drops along the led strip. I had the exact same thing happen on my first attempt.

The remedy was to feed each continuous strip of led with its own wire from the power supply. Keep in mind that each led consumes around 60 milliamps for each led, So if your led on the tv total say 250. Your power supply should be at a minimum 15 amps. 20 amps would be a better choice for wiggle room.

Hope its of help.

I would highly recommend using a level shifter wile using apa102. it's pretty much a guaranteed way to eliminate cross talk / noise / low signal levels. examples:

I would also attach a ground wire to to AC power supply from the wall socket. Just for safety sake. And it Might cut down on noise from the power supply.

Hope it helps.

Hi,
    I have been using Hyperion.NG for a couple of weeks, It's working very well. The signal detection is a very nice addition. I'm still learning/tweaking the signal detection setting, and trying to get the best results. Thanks for this feature.

If it's possible.
    I would ask if a user adjustable timer for the detection timeout could be added? I'm finding that its a bit trigger happy sometimes.

Many Thanks

Hi,

To me it only seems logical to set the actual led count too the led count on the strip in use. No?

I'm just saying, from my (Very limited) experience using Hyperion I've only hit bumps when my config did not match my hardware.

Do you think this will work ?

UCEC Capture Adapter Converter support

It does say that chipset is utv007 in the description , is that enuf ? or the manufacturer should also be Fushicai?

Hi, That MAY work if it is truly a utv007.

I bought one from a Aliexpress seller "LSURT store" that was labeled " New-USB-2-0-EasierCAP-UTV007-TV-DVD-VHS-Video-Capture-Card-Audio-AV-Easier-Cap " for under $6 usd. it works well.

Now that being said, I have No clue if that seller still sells the working version YMMV.

Hope it helps.