Posts by Akriss

    wasn't easy to solder 18awg on the strip.


    I used short, less then 100mm of 20 gauge leader wire to solder to the strip. I found that the thicker gauge wire increases the risk of damaging the solder pads if you snag a.wire.


    Hope it helps.

    Each color LED at full brightness can consume as much as 20ma.


    And each Pixel has 3 LED's (One red, one blue and one green).


    So the math to figure out your maximum amperage load is (20ma x 3) x number of pixels = Amperage maximum potential needs.


    Hope its of help.

    We promise you will be even more amazed soon TM.
    :)


    I have installed Hyperion.NG.


    I'm a bit beyond Amazed. More like shear awe. :omg::omg::omg:..:notworthy:


    The improved signal detection (for rainbow no signal) is a great addition. [info here for others].


    The web GUI is crisp and clear and informative.


    Nice work and. and...and ...Just plain WOW!!.
    Great project to follow. Many Thanks to all Dev's/Contributors.

    Hello follow Hyperion fan's.


    I reworked my first Hyperion system as seen Here.


    My new system is now composed of:
    244 apa102 LED's
    RPI first version B. + lvl. shifter
    HDMI splitter + HDMI2AV + easycap utv007
    2 10a 5v power supply's (One supply for top and left side. And one supply for bottom and right side. And each side is power on both ends)


    Some pictures of my upgraded Hyperion system.


    Led's encased in standard aluminum LED corner defuser's.

    SN74AHCT125N (mini hat?)

    Pi + mini hat.

    Strip wired.

    Audience waiting patiently.

    2 power supply's

    16g wire powering every LED strip end.

    look's better when TV is closer to wall.

    As you can probably see I like the mad science look =p


    Again, a big Thanks to all the Dev's / contributors.

    Ok it's definitely on ttyACM0.


    I'm not vary familiar with OpenElec v5.0. It may be that the default OpenElec user needs access to the "dialout" group, perhaps. However I'm venturing out of league.
    I'm gonna point you to a forum thread that I have in my bookmarks that helped me a wile ago, ( forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=129647.0 ) I'm sure it would be a helpful read.


    Hope it helps

    It maybe that its plugged in to a usb3 port, I have read some posts on the Arduino forum of people having trouble with usb3. Also it would be better if I had told you to run the "dmesg" command once without the Arduino pluged in. Then plug it in and run the command again, then it's much easier to determine its settings.


    Hope it helps

    I found another configuration error I made, I had previously wrote “The “HyperionRGB.ino” file I have set “#define LED D3” nothing else changed.”


    This should not have been changed. That pin is for the Nodemcu's on-board led.
    In changing that pin, it made the first led in the strand blink green at regular intervals. It took me quite awhile to figure out my error.


    Well anyway Many Thanks.

    I wish I had a dollar for ever time I figure it out minutes after posting for help. . . . .


    I see my error now. I failed to set the correct pin in ConfigStatic.h. It was set as "D1" the example default. I needed it set to D3.


    Well . . . ..


    Many many thanks to all Dev's / contributors.


    Ackriss

    A few weeks ago I came upon a German forum posting (http://www.forum-raspberrypi.d…n-wifi-led-controller-udp) detailing how to setup a ESP8266 NodeMCU with Hyperion. (I used Google translate) I was able to setup a ESP8266 ES-12E with a small string of ws2812b as a test and it was working good. So I dismantled it to test some other stuff and ordered some more ESP8266's to setup a bunch of remote pixels. =) And put aside the remote pixel idea till the order arrived.


    So I received the Nodemcu's I ordered (Wemos mini's) and sure enough Murphy's law is at work and I can't get it to work on ether of the Nodemcu's type's I have again. And I'm not spotting my error and would greatly appreciate if someone would check my work.


    I can run a simple strand test on both board with success with a string of 25 ws2812b's. With ether the Neopixel library or FastLed library. I have attached to this post, some fritzing pictures on the wiring that works for the strand test and for the remote pixel.
    The “HyperionRGB.ino” file I have set “#define LED D3” nothing else changed.


    The ConfigStatic.h.example is copyed to ConfigStatic.h and edited as such:


    I have no problems uploading the sketch to ether of the Nodemcu boards, I can log in to the web interface and login with the android app.


    However the LED's refuse to work now! And this unskilled hobbyist needs a hand please.


    I even tried blowing out the Arduino install and reinstalling it and reinstalling the recommended libraries that SciLor lists in the Git repo as well. =/


    I'm lost Help please.


    Thank you
    Akriss.