Beiträge von Akriss

Thank you.

You reminded me of the fact that the hd-pvr has a delay. I don't think it be good for a Hyperion setup.

And I'm having problems getting any video at all with it. A simple "cat /dev/video0 > testvid" results in a IO error, If i remember correctly, the hd-pvr is picky about what chipset's your using it with. and it may be the usb hub. However, I've spent the better of today on this and I'm cutting my losses and ordering a easycap and call it solved.

Many thanks

I'm trying to setup a USB video capture device. a Hd-pvr 1212 by Hauppauge, on a Rpi B v1. The OS see the device on /dev/video0 and when I call : v4l2-ctl –all, it returns:

However when starting Hyperion, it fail to start with the following log error:

I've been googling around for a remedy to no avail. I did however, find https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/126 and https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/118 which does have some info on the error and a patch fix being issued. But my Hyperion is complaining with ( what(): '/dev/video0' does not support streaming i/o ERROR ).

I'm a bit stuck at this point and could use some advise please.

Many thanks.

I found if I had set the "serialRate" at 115200 or lower in my .INO "sketch" it seemed choppy.

I now have it set to 500000. It seems more responsive now.

Also don't forget to mirror the setting in your hyperion.config.json, the "rate" setting.

Hope it helps.

@droopie

It's to spread the voltage availability throughout the LED's. On long runs of LED's you well tend to get voltage drop's.

In my setup of 250 LED's I needed to power every corner and the mid section's of the horizontal bars. My first attempt resulted in orange-out's on the end of the LED strip farthest from the voltage source when I had a white screen up. (Low power = low blue and/or green)

Hope it helps.

After more research on "Deadpixel", I think I read electron's whole blog! a good read. And after some Google Fu. I came upon another variation on the "Deadpixel" found at hackaday.com/2017/01/20/cheating-at-5v-ws2812-control-to-use-a-3-3v-data-line/

This variation does not require mapping out the first (Dead) pixel, just a diode(see pic grabbed from that sight, below). However the first pixel will be under powered.

I found this useful info.
    Hope it helps someone here.

I came upon some very interesting info on how to use the first pixel in a LED strip as (for a lack of better words) a “Make-Shift Shifter”. From This page: www.elec-tron.org/?p=1184

The page talks about using a WB2812 strip with a NodeMCU 3.3v line. However, I see no reason this would not work with a Rpi and/or a apa102c strip as well.

A stole a pic from that sight, it details the connections. I've attached it.

Just don't forget to separate the first and second pixels "+" line And the bit about "You then code out Pixel 0 from in your software and make sure its never activated." from that post.

Wile I patiently wait for the parts, I came upon a wright up that details a successful pairing of a Raspberry and a HDpvr-1212.

link to page: dwellertech.blogspot.com/2013/05/raspberry-pi-and-hd-pvr.html

So it appears to be ok :)

I'm looking threw what I have in my spare parts/equipment bin for a video capture device that workable in Linux. I came upon a “Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder” collecting dust.

I've been researching capture devices that work with Linux. And I think I may have lucked out finding this. It seems very well supported under Linux.

Has anyone tried this capture device with Hyperion?

My thinking is (If Linux can see the device on /dev/video0/ it “”should”” work fine in Hyperion.)

Akriss.

Hi'o

Yes I do have Hyperion installed on a X86 system now, W/250 WS2812b's driven by a cheap Nano clone. It was silly of me not to mentioning it in the first post. Works very well on this system with Kodi on the same. Many thanks for this.

However, I thought there might be a command that could be issue to a terminal and/or SSH shell that would kick Hyperion screen analyzing/LED output service, wile I watch/edit my recorded TV shows in MythTV? With out going farther down the rabbit hole and investing in a splitter, converter Etc...

Thanks again.
    Akriss

Hello all,

Still a bit new to Hyperion, but enjoying the experience. Trying to read all I can, and explore Hyperion's capabilities. However (sadly), I see no mention of Hyperion being able to function with MythTV, under Linux.

I know that Kodi has a MythTV plug-in that works very well generally. However, it's lacking some and I find myself loading up MythTV very often to complete needed tasks and where I can com-skip without problems. I sorely miss the Hyperion experience when I do.

So Being a huge fan of MythTV running on a Linux box I must ask:
    Does and/or Can Hyperion work with MythTV under Linux?

Many Thanks.
    Akriss

Hello all,

First an foremost.

Thanks for collaborating/sharing on a very fun and satisfying project! You helped this old Carpenter/Linux hobbyist put a bit of “bling” on his media center TV.

My setup:
    Linux frontend running xbuntu 14.05. (Ya needs an update)
    Hyperion installed with Kodi 17 and the hyperion.kodi-master plugin.
    Arduino Duemilanove w/ATmega328 driving a ws2812b strip w/250 LED's.
    On a 65'' TV.

Just took a week of light reading. A quick fabrication of a suitable frame to hold the LED's. A bit of hot glue, solder and some wires. A head bang or two for dumb wistakes. And it works very well, and most important Looks Great!

No questions yet still reading and tweaking.
    Just a Thanks.

Akriss