144leds/m for a small 40"...Won't it be too much leds?

• Hello,
    I am wondering if I didn't make a mistake buying 144 leds /m strip for a 40" TV
    I haven't received the strip yet and only have the PI3 and also waitting for a 5V26A Meanwell PSU.

I am wondering if all those led (390 total :ninja: ) won't ending producing too much light.

I have also a doubt regarding the PI connections to the strip : can I realy plug the signal wire diretly to it or does it need what you call "level shifter"?

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Thanks for your anwser.

An other question :bigsmile: : as I was uncertain of what circuit I would and with, I did bought an Arduino Uno, just in case....
    I now know that APA102 doesn't need it but the question is : would the overall responsiveness/quality of my setup be better using PI+Arduino rather than only the PI alone?

• Simpler is better usually!

An arduino does give you a bonus level converter and if you screw up some wiring you're more likely to kill the cheaper arduino rather than the Pi.

Right now I have 2 pis with home brew arduinos on them cos I have ws2812 led strips.

My most recent Pi uses my ws2812_spi led driver directly

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!