26-108 leds freeze after a while of working, first 25 leds work ok

• Hi there,

I installed the latest hyperion (via hypercon on Raspbian). I have 108leds. After boot everything works but:
    - Major problem: after a while whe trying static colors and effects, leds from the led number 26 up to 108 freeze (they stay at that color/effect) and I am not able to change them. I can switch just first 25 leds (counted from power cable side). I must turn off leds from power and then it works again for a while and scenario repeates.

- Minor problem: selected effect after boot is not working. For example rainbow will not glow after Pi boot (I am going to investigate this more, maybe it is just config file problem).

But whats wrong with my major problem?

• yes try what penfold said. and could you post your config too?

ok I will try it. Meanwhile here is my config:

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok
    1. you use the old ws2812b type, should change to the new one -> https://hyperion-project.org/t…-type.82/page-3#post-3104
    2. you use 108 leds in your config and wrote 150leds in the device section. is that right?

• I wasn't referring to you soldered wires.

I suspect there's an issue on the strip involving LEDs 25, 26 or the connection between them.

Does the strip have a join at that point ?
    Some of the factory soldering when they join strips isn't great

bingo! I am currently writing you but you were faster. That was the point! I found out that there is a problem near LED 26. Interesting is, there is no join (joint) there. I am going to take magnifing glas to find out what's wrong. :) Thank you for your great help!

• Oh, I am having the exact same issue on my APA102 setup. Tried various things but coulnd't find the issue. Will look over the weekend if its a weak factory soldering too there.

EDIT: Weird thing is: this only happens when using it via Mediaportal. If I set it to display full white its running for hours without a problem.

• Ok, answering myself here in case someone is interested due to similar issues. Had only around 3,3V on my 5V Strips. But PSU is delivering 5,4V, so its probably bad wiring of my setup from PSU to strips. Will redo these and see if it works again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!