1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4k HDR Capable HDMI Splitter (supposedly)

Discussion in 'Hyperion Hardware' started by sl81, 23 January 2017.

1. sl81

sl81 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2, 32/64bit, +Arduino
    Hello,
    i'm new here, i got started on my quest to build a light system when i sold my beloved Philips TV with ambilight for a Samsung 4k that was very lacking in this department. I've been fiddling for a good week or so with different howtos and whatnot. After a lot of trouble and some dabbling with boblight that i got to work 100% for windows (i have a nVidia shield as my "HTPC" and boblight doenst work all that well on it) i got into hyperion. I gotta say i'm over the moon. Got it working with not a lot of trouble.

Got a 269 LED system based on WS2812b leds, and by miracle the RPI2 can actully drive them.

Anyhow, i will at some time rebuild the system to be HDMI based and refine it. When i searched around for parts i came across this splitter. From the minimal testing i have done with it it seems to be 100% what it says.

4k, HDCP 2.2, HDR, HDMI 2.0 (not 2.0a). The price seems very good for such a splitter so I thought I'd tip you fine gentlemen about it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOX...Splitter-Extender-1X2-1-in-2/32694337706.html

2. thommy86

thommy86 New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, +Arduino, +PhilipsHue
    There is the following feedback for the product:

"good product, but if you connect to a 1080p monitor and another port to 4k monitor, the box automatically switches to 1080p resolution. Both monitors would output 1080p image."

So you will need a 4K hdmi2AV. I'm not sure if this all will work as expected.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. fritzfrosch

fritzfrosch New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sladaar

sladaar New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266