A Make-Shift Shifter?

• I came upon some very interesting info on how to use the first pixel in a LED strip as (for a lack of better words) a “Make-Shift Shifter”. From This page: www.elec-tron.org/?p=1184

The page talks about using a WB2812 strip with a NodeMCU 3.3v line. However, I see no reason this would not work with a Rpi and/or a apa102c strip as well.

A stole a pic from that sight, it details the connections. I've attached it.

Just don't forget to separate the first and second pixels "+" line And the bit about "You then code out Pixel 0 from in your software and make sure its never activated." from that post.

• Offizieller Beitrag

yeah electron uses this often, spoke with him...he calls it "deadpixel" :) but a levelshiffter is the better option...

• After more research on "Deadpixel", I think I read electron's whole blog! a good read. And after some Google Fu. I came upon another variation on the "Deadpixel" found at hackaday.com/2017/01/20/cheating-at-5v-ws2812-control-to-use-a-3-3v-data-line/

This variation does not require mapping out the first (Dead) pixel, just a diode(see pic grabbed from that sight, below). However the first pixel will be under powered.

I found this useful info.
    Hope it helps someone here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!