1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REQUEST Amazon Echo voicxe control

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Wolfieee, 9 December 2016.

1. Wolfieee

Wolfieee New Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +PhilipsHue
    I'd like to be able to control the lights with my Amazon Echo - HA bridge (https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge) could possibly get it working but I'm not sure of the HTTP commands to send it to my light. I'm sure there is a workaround somewhere but I'm yet to find it with my endless google searching. If some how you can add this or point me in the right direction on how to do this that would be great

2. penfold42

penfold42 Moderator Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi2, RPi3, 32/64bit, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    You need to use the json interface that Hyperion-remote uses.

https://github.com/penfold42/hyperion-lirc
    Is a perl script I wrote to control a Hyperion instance for an IR remote control.

Too funny you should post this - my brother offered me one tonight and this was my first use case !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raymiec

Raymiec New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    if you just want to turn it on and off and have homeassistant there's a component for hyperion, then activate the hue_bridge and this lets you say, alexa turn off hyperion.

4. Biggles

Biggles Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    Yep, works for me and I use emulated_hue as there's virtually nothing to do to set it up. Alexa and Harmony then automatically pick it up so I can shout at it, press a button as well as have it as part of an automation.

5. Raymiec

Raymiec New Member

Hardware:
    RPi3, +Arduino, +nodeMCU/ESP8266
    Yeah Biggles i meant emulated hue, it was late when i posted. But yeah very easy to setup for a noob, good starting point just to control things with alexa. @penfold42 wish i had a geek brother who gave me things lol

6. Biggles

Biggles Member

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero
    Assumed that was what you meant :) it was aimed at the OP as an easier starting point than HA-Bridge if you were going to do Home Assistant anyway.

7. Squizzy

Squizzy New Member

Hardware:
    RPi2
    you can send json via ifttt maker channel

8. b1rdhous3

b1rdhous3 Member Developer

Hardware:
    RPi1/Zero, RPi3, 32/64bit, +PhilipsHue
    But hyperion musst be reachable in the internet of can you run maker channels in local network?